UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

HKS SC kit topic

Old 05-17-2016, 02:09 AM

Received 108 Likes on 89 Posts

why are you asking for such high cc injectors... 400cc are more than enough for 500hp?! 800cc massive overkill
Old 05-17-2016, 02:46 AM

Received 39 Likes on 36 Posts

400cc is nothing. With the high revving engine the injectors only have a short time to get there work done so you need bigger. 600cc are at there limit with no restrict or on the supercharger. I'm speaking from first hand experience
Old 05-17-2016, 03:00 AM

Received 29 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by Define198
What spark plugs are recomemded?
Possibly opening a can of worms, but I had read a number of posts about Iridium over Platinum plugs on FI S2Ks. So, at last year's FoS I spoke to the Technical Director at NGK, explaining the set up and asking whether Platinum or Iridium would be better. Based on the set up, he wasn't convinced that using a step cooler on the Iridium plugs was worth it on my car. So I've stuck with Platinum and they seem fine.
Old 05-17-2016, 03:30 AM

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by CynicG
Originally Posted by Define198' timestamp='1463472972' post='23968762
What spark plugs are recomemded?
Possibly opening a can of worms, but I had read a number of posts about Iridium over Platinum plugs on FI S2Ks. So, at last year's FoS I spoke to the Technical Director at NGK, explaining the set up and asking whether Platinum or Iridium would be better. Based on the set up, he wasn't convinced that using a step cooler on the Iridium plugs was worth it on my car. So I've stuck with Platinum and they seem fine.
You using standard S2000 recommended plugs, or different gap / spec?
Old 05-17-2016, 03:53 AM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Hmmm.

I have ngk tech line number, they will not speak to members of the public and actually check your company status.

I've ran various setups over the years in boosted form namely comptech setup running 14 psi and turbo running 20psi.

After lengthy discussions with ngk who are very good, one stage colder and iridium plugs would be best based on my dyno tests and discussions with ngk.

An iridum tip spark plug fires further into the combination chamber thus theoretically more power and less susceptible to spark blow out on the flame front (not technically correct but easier to explain) and less susceptible to detonation and still able to be cleaned.

Gaping is unlikely needed unless high boost or issues with coil packs.

My recommendation is one step cooler iridium based plugs.
Old 05-17-2016, 04:56 AM

Received 29 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by s2konroids
Hmmm.

I have ngk tech line number, they will not speak to members of the public and actually check your company status.

I've ran various setups over the years in boosted form namely comptech setup running 14 psi and turbo running 20psi.

After lengthy discussions with ngk who are very good, one stage colder and iridium plugs would be best based on my dyno tests and discussions with ngk.

An iridum tip spark plug fires further into the combination chamber thus theoretically more power and less susceptible to spark blow out on the flame front (not technically correct but easier to explain) and less susceptible to detonation and still able to be cleaned.

Gaping is unlikely needed unless high boost or issues with coil packs.

My recommendation is one step cooler iridium based plugs.
There is those worms

I'd always bow to superior knowledge, especially from a professional tuner. I merely had fitted platinums the year before and when I fitted this kit, started reading about Iridium. As I approached the guy at the NGK stand with the question, he went off to get "The Main Man" as he put it, some sort of technical director. It is quite possible that the description of my set up was inaccurate or insufficient, but that was his advice.

In the interest of protecting the engine components of any potential charger installers, follow AJs advice, not my comment. In the meantime, my set up appears robust but time will certainly tell.

Old 05-17-2016, 06:40 AM

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

Whats the opinion about Injector Dynamics? Thinking to possibly set up a GB to go with the SC GB and have been recommended ID above DW.
Also, am I right in saying there is potential to have issues if 1000cc injectors are used? (Apart from being overkill), will this cause any idle issues etc? with the HKS SC kit?

Can anyone give feedback on this from first hand experience?

Thanks
Old 05-17-2016, 11:10 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Thought 1000cc injector's have a lumpy idle when compared to their smaller cousins? I personally will be going down the DW route; because I'm cheap..
Old 05-17-2016, 11:15 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Shaddow
Whats the opinion about Injector Dynamics? Thinking to possibly set up a GB to go with the SC GB and have been recommended ID above DW.
Also, am I right in saying there is potential to have issues if 1000cc injectors are used? (Apart from being overkill), will this cause any idle issues etc? with the HKS SC kit?

Can anyone give feedback on this from first hand experience?

Thanks
I've got 1000cc DW injectors with a TTS full race Rotrex setup - the idle's fine.
Old 05-17-2016, 12:07 PM

Received 127 Likes on 108 Posts

BKR8EIX are the NGK Iridium electrode plugs, one step colder than the standard 7EIX. Recommended by my (well known) tuner, Romain, for my. TTS Supersport kit.

Quick Reply: HKS SC kit topic