UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

HKS SC kit topic

Old 05-23-2016, 06:07 AM

Received 42 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by dazza1990
This current group buy is very tempting. With regards to insurance though, how has everyone's premiums been effected?

I'm 25 so was interested to see what ballpark figure you guys are paying with the supercharger declared. Did your insurer ask what power the car was now making? After having breathing mods and a remap to mine, I know they did.
get involved, the addition in insurance premium will be worth it
Old 05-23-2016, 09:45 PM

Received 39 Likes on 36 Posts

Having done alot of datalogs now i can confirm that the most boost i have seen out of this unit using the standard pulley and rev limiter of 8650rpm is about 10.5psi.

Originally i was getting 9 psi and then it dropped off to 8 but this was found to be abit of belt slip at high rpms which was fixed by adding a tiny bit of tension on the belt. Im measuring the boost using a aem 3.5bar map sensor. I have also been in contact with a guy over in the USA who has fitted the same kit as us but is running slightly more power and it turns out that Evasive can supply a smaller pulley that will boost the superchargers output to 12psi.

I've probably put about 500 miles on my kit so far and no issues have been found really. I do find that i have had to tweak the radiator fan settings because the intercooler blocks alot of the radiators air flow. Sometimes i find myself thinking the car doesnt seem that fast but if you stick it in 4th from say 30 mphs and keep your foot all the way down the sense of urgency as the revs increase really can be felt and you find yourself looking down and the speedo and thinking bloody hell that got up to speed pretty quick!.

No signs of any clutch slip so far and no signs of any detonation or knock when on boost. All i can say as well is that running rich AFR really makes for big flames and a pop if you happen to touch the ignition cut rev limiter
Old 05-24-2016, 01:09 AM

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

What clutch are people running with this kit? i have been recommended the ACT one, but cant find many sellers.

Was looking at ACT Organic Street Clutch Kit - HS2-HDSS but it is not cheap at £560.00 inc VAT

i know some people are saying oem might hold up with the kit, but do i really want to risk getting the car on the dyno to be tuned for it to start slipping and have to then go back again for further tuning?

Or should i just go with the competition clutch stage 2?
Old 05-24-2016, 06:40 AM

Received 32 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by Define198
What clutch are people running with this kit? i have been recommended the ACT one, but cant find many sellers.

Was looking at ACT Organic Street Clutch Kit - HS2-HDSS but it is not cheap at £560.00 inc VAT

i know some people are saying oem might hold up with the kit, but do i really want to risk getting the car on the dyno to be tuned for it to start slipping and have to then go back again for further tuning?

I am not charged ( YET )

But to add to your last point about CC stage 2 kit which I have, VERY grabby clutch and had no slip and equal pedal feel to OEM clutch.

Only downside, now I've put 3k miles on it the springs are rattling and the release bearing is quite noisy.

Lads over in America swear by running the OEM friction disc and ACT pressure plate with OEM release bearing. Some running 450+ hp on this setup with no slip.
Old 05-24-2016, 07:15 AM

Originally Posted by Toms1989
Originally Posted by Define198' timestamp='1464080953' post='23974889

I am not charged ( YET )

But to add to your last point about CC stage 2 kit which I have, VERY grabby clutch and had no slip and equal pedal feel to OEM clutch.

Only downside, now I've put 3k miles on it the springs are rattling and the release bearing is quite noisy.

Lads over in America swear by running the OEM friction disc and ACT pressure plate with OEM release bearing. Some running 450+ hp on this setup with no slip.
Yea i have heard that, just seems a lot of money to buy the competition stage 2 kit and then not use the bearing and and disc, as i cannot seem to find just the pressure plate on its own, and then ofcourse i would need to then buy the oem clutch kit on top
Old 05-24-2016, 10:25 AM
MB

Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts

I use that ACT / oem setup. Been on my car for 3 years zero problems, but only NA power.
Old 05-24-2016, 10:30 AM

Originally Posted by MB
I use that ACT / oem setup. Been on my car for 3 years zero problems, but only NA power.
can you buy the peices seperate rather then having to buy a act full kit and a oem full kit?
Old 05-24-2016, 11:15 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by MB
Likewise. Very good combo
Old 05-24-2016, 11:39 AM

Received 128 Likes on 109 Posts

Cc Stage 2 isn't grabby in my experience, only slightly more so than OEM.
Old 06-13-2016, 11:45 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

anyone Aem ems v1? if so can I borrow a base map to start the car?

Quick Reply: HKS SC kit topic