UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

Import advice & Spec changes ?

Old 08-03-2001, 05:06 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Import advice & Spec changes ?

Hi,
I'm a new member to the list and am pleased after reading the threads how informative it is.
If possible (and i know they have been touched on before) could anyone give import advice, website's & members personal experiences and reccomendations and if buying direct from e.g Belgium, what the going prices are. Finally does anyone have any info on model spec upgrades in the near future ? Type-V ? is it available in the UK soon ? as i would rather wait if certain spec changes are to be made next year ?

Thanks in advance and sorry for the first long thread !!.
You can E-mail of list if desired.

Philip.
Old 08-03-2001, 09:41 AM

Sorry I can't help but welcome aboard
Old 08-03-2001, 09:45 AM

Welcome,

I too had those questions.

I have ordered a new imported S2k from the Honda Dealership in Denmark, my price was 22k all in. You can go straight to the dealer and save a few hundred quid, but I went with Alliancecarimports.co.uk. There are several good import places but they all take a small cut for a small service. Try Snoop4cars.com and oneswoop.com (all in prices). Don't pay more than 23k (including delivery to door). Expect to wait till January now for delivery if they say 5 months.

New spec? yet another question that has no definate answer, there is a thread on the general talk forum about an American magazine called automobile which confirms a glass back window and gearshift refinements (this may all be rubbish unless confirmed though - ask others who may have the magazine). Colour changes are definate, bye bye silverstone, hello sebring silver. That's the UK change I know of.

Order now and you will almost certainly get a 2002 model.

Often.
*twiddling thumbs, waiting patiently*
Old 08-03-2001, 11:56 PM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Or try www.broom-broom.com they have a couple that you may get to see some sun in, but at a higher price. Or you can buy mine and have 2 months of Sun on your head (I've never been so tanned!!).

I was going to sell mine and order a 2002, but I think after my wife has just seen a new house I'll have to sell it and wait for a 2003

Model changes are a crystal ball job, no plans by Honda Japan to export the TypeV.

Newer ones have a few bits and bobs now chucked in, in the UK, imports you might have to pay a bit more for some things / upgrade warranty, locking wheel nuts and used to have to specify A/C over initial price but as long as the pound buys more than 1.50 Euros you will make a good saving, but I think continental dealers have cottoned on to the UK demand (they must sell more RHD than LHD!!!!) so they know what's in a UK spec car!

Just use some-one reputable, two importers have gone belly up recently, losing customers large deposits, one of them used to advertise huge savings, better to pay