UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

Injector seal/cushion part number.

Old 08-17-2013, 03:12 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Injector seal/cushion part number.

Hi All,

Other than the tune, my SOS sc kit is now on the car and everything was going smoothly until we noticed one of the injectors was pissing out fuel.
I have a feeling the injector seal has a small split it in, this must be the cause of the leak as i should imagine it's rather rare for the injector to be damaged as they are brand new.?
I don't suppose someone could shed some light on the part number for these seals so i can get all 4 replaced? i thought the injector kit would of come with new seals but this doesn't seem to be the case.

Not sure if it makes much of a difference but the injectors i have are the ID 1000 with a plug and play kit from Science of speed.

I will try to get some pictures up once we take them off again on Monday!

Other than that, the install was spot on, the quality of the SOS kit is pretty dam impressive!

Cheers
Elliot
Old 08-17-2013, 11:41 PM
MB

Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts

Id double check the injector itself isn't split or that its not coming from the top seal on the fuel rail.

The bottom cushion is just that, its not really a seal as such so if think even with a split in it, the injector nozzle will still be spraying in.

You can see what I mean here:

Old 08-18-2013, 11:41 AM

Originally Posted by MB
Id double check the injector itself isn't split or that its not coming from the top seal on the fuel rail.

The bottom cushion is just that, its not really a seal as such so if think even with a split in it, the injector nozzle will still be spraying in.

You can see what I mean here:

Hi MB,

thanks for explaining, my friend seems to think its definitely the lower seal which has split,
Ideally i would like to find something like this in the UK...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Honda-S2000-...-/270899698209

Would rather get all 4 lower seals replaced as well as the top o rings just for a piece of mind, we tester the injectors before fitting them and they were all fine.

I'll give my local dealer a ring tomorrow, couldn't seem to find the PNs on lings, probably me being blind.

cheers
Old 08-18-2013, 02:40 PM
MB

Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts

I'm not convinced, but good luck!

They are easy to remove and inspect the cushions.

I'm not sure the IDs will fit oem cushions though.
Old 08-18-2013, 06:44 PM

Received 29 Likes on 27 Posts

Yes they do fit. The cushions just pop out. To be fair they're easy to lose because they come out that easy.

I agree with Mark. You'll have spilt an o-ring or that's the most likely option anyway.

You will be able to get the bottom cushions from your main dealer and the o-ring from any gasket/seal distributor.

I got a dozen for about a quid as I split one of my ID's o-ring. Just make sure they're graded accordingly for use with fuel applications.
Old 08-18-2013, 10:09 PM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Si at Hendy performance, I'm with the rear gunner MB on this unlikely it's the cushion it could the leak spraying on it.

I've had leaking injectors before and it was the top o ring.
Old 08-19-2013, 03:12 AM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Upper seal split = fuel leak

Lower seal split = air leak

My money is on the upper seal. Id also advise you buy a set of 4 as when you dismantle you may find more are split. The thing is the hoop needs to be thoroughly lubed or its going to tear, Group PM s2konroids and MB for vivid picture filled details of such matters.
Old 08-19-2013, 03:21 AM

Hi All

thanks for your input, sorry i must be wrong about the lower seal, either way i have purchased 4 EA of the Seal and 4 o rings from Si @ Hendy.
Should be with me by wednesday so i can hopefully fix this issue, AJ can then start working his magic!

cheers
Old 08-19-2013, 05:45 AM

Received 29 Likes on 27 Posts

The o-rings on the ID's are a different size/thickness to OEM!

I bodged mine as I split the o ring on the morning of mapping. Then got some the next day from a local firm.
Old 08-19-2013, 05:52 AM

Originally Posted by E4RTH WORM JIM
The o-rings on the ID's are a different size/thickness to OEM!

I bodged mine as I split the o ring on the morning of mapping. Then got some the next day from a local firm.
Hi Mate,

thanks for confirming, do you know the name of your local firm, do you also have the size / spec to the ones you purchased?

thanks

Quick Reply: Injector seal/cushion part number.