UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

Just watched Drivel, sorry Driven

Old 11-07-2001, 01:32 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think the Cobra programme must have been one I saw some time ago, where the guy builds it and sticks a V8 Chevy engine in it, takes it to the track and the instructer drives it and is pretty impressed. Great programme. Makes you want to start building one.... like now!!!

My two sons went down to Cobra a few years back, the plan being to buy a Cobra and build it between them. The guy took each of them out for a test drive in a V8 version. His party piece is he puts a 50p piece on the dashboard and he tells you that if you can pick it up... you can keep it. Neither of them managed to pick it up!

The plan to buy one fell through when Gary discovered pu$$y and ended up going to live in The States, much to Graham's disgust!

An awesome, scarey car!
Old 11-07-2001, 01:39 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I am thinking about a rather more modest home build project - I want to build a kart with my 8 year old son - partly as a learning / bonding thing, partly to get his racing career up and running (I know 8 is a bit late for this!) so in a few years time he will be able to keep his old man in Ferrari's (and Honda's!).

Has anyone built a kart? Any recomendations?????
Old 11-07-2001, 01:47 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Brian's a nutter who likes his car too raw!
Old 11-07-2001, 01:48 AM

Ian:

LOL... I remember that 'Bonding thing' It's why I bought my kid a Scalextric 4 lane layout when he was three months old!

You're kidding nobody here!
Old 11-07-2001, 01:52 AM

Originally posted by lvs2k
We just take that as read!!

What's with you guys over there? It's what before 6a.m.? Another insomniac? Cthree's been about for hours.
Old 11-07-2001, 02:22 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

You're kidding nobody here
Hmmmmmmmm.........fair point, nicely presented Cedric!
Old 11-07-2001, 02:30 AM

Old 11-07-2001, 10:03 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally posted by UKjasonm
Brian,

based upon your experiences do you now regret buying the S2000? if you knew then what you know now would you have stuck with the ITR? or perhaps waited for the CTR?

Reading between the lines I get the impression your not totally convinced by the car and perhaps the ITR was more to your liking. I could of course be totally wrong.

Jason
There are some regrets. The way the S2000 runs I really wouldn't like to run into a well driven ITR when the S2000 was warm. Unless you go silly speeds the ITR would at least keep up. There's also an element of not being as much fun to drive slowly - the S2000's chassis isn't as alive at slow speed, but to push it all on the road is not a good idea. One reason I've been deperate for some decent training to learn RWD well.

I've not given up on the S2000 yet - but I'd prefered less problems, and not losing significant amounts of power when hot. Currently I'm estimating it could cost me around
Old 11-07-2001, 10:04 AM

Originally posted by lvs2k
I'll take that as a compliment. Might even add it to my profile/sig

-Brian.
Old 11-07-2001, 10:06 AM

Originally posted by ianl
I am thinking about a rather more modest home build project - I want to build a kart with my 8 year old son - partly as a learning / bonding thing, partly to get his racing career up and running (I know 8 is a bit late for this!) so in a few years time he will be able to keep his old man in Ferrari's (and Honda's!).

Has anyone built a kart? Any recomendations?????
I had a friend a school who was moderatly succesful racing Karts. My advice is to go along to a meet, find another parent with a kid racing and talk to them. They are generally a very friendly bunch, just like S2000 owners

-Brian.

Quick Reply: Just watched Drivel, sorry Driven