UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

key fob coding?

Old 06-16-2007, 07:44 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have the same query - my new S2000 (picked up today) only has one fob working..booo!

Batteries are fine - how do I programme it to the car?

thanks
Old 06-16-2007, 07:45 AM
Administrator

Received 60 Likes on 51 Posts

Look above and you will see the answer
Old 06-16-2007, 08:58 AM

[QUOTE=wampa,Mar 7 2007, 05:12 PM] NO idea, But I have just been quoted
Old 06-16-2007, 09:37 AM

Well I found the answer (but not quite as above).

The following works on post '04 cars (3 button remote):

Programming the Transmitter

NOTES :

^ The system accepts up to three transmitters. The transmitter codes are stored in a stacking-type memory. If a fourth transmitter code is programmed, the code for the first transmitter is erased.

^ Entering the programming mode cancels all learned transmitter codes, so none of the previously programmed transmitters will work. You must reprogram all of the transmitters once you are in the programming mode.

^ You must complete steps 1-6 within 4 seconds of the previous step to keep the system from exiting the programming mode.

1. Turn the ignition switch to ON (II).
2. Press the "Lock" or "Unlock" button on one of the transmitters. (An unprogrammed transmitter can be used for this step.)
3. Turn the ignition switch to LOCK (0).
4. Repeat steps 1, 2, and 3 two more times using the same transmitter used in step 2.
5. Turn the ignition switch to ON (II).
6. Press the "Lock" or "Unlock" button on the same transmitter. Make sure the power door locks cycle to confirm that the system is in programming mode.
7. Within 10 seconds, press the "Lock" or "Unlock" button on each transmitter. Make sure the power door locks cycle after you press each transmitter button to confirm that the system accepted the transmitter's code.
8. Turn the ignition switch to LOCK (0) to exit the programming mode.

got this from here:
http://www.honda-acura.net/forums/archive/...p/t-202634.html

quite a resource!

Worked first time
Old 06-16-2007, 12:42 PM

good info,i must try this on my 02

cheers
Old 06-17-2007, 12:40 AM

I have a Sept 02 model which has the 2 button fob.

These are the instructions from my alarm operating instructions.

Key learning procedure:
The handsets are designed to transmit a new code with each press of the button. Regardless of the number of codes analysed, a pattern cannot be identified - making the system extremely secure. Therefor a secure key learning procedure must be used in order to add new or additional handsets to the system.

Adding Handsets:
Disarm the sustem and immediately tuen the ignition ON-OFF-ON-OFF-ON and within 10 seconds, press the raised button of an existing handset 3 times. The system will rspond by...
Illuminating the vehicle indicators
Illuminating the system LED
The system is now in 'Key Learn mode'
Press the raised button of the new handset once and the system LED will extinguish.
Press the raised button of the new handset once again and the vehicle indicators will extinguish.
This signifies completion of handset learning.

NB, if no handsets are programmed onto the alarm system, it will revert back to 'normal mode' after 15 seconds.

If you want to add more handsets, simply repeat the above process. There are 5 memory places in the alarm system for handsets, therefore, there can only be a maximum of 5 handsets working at any one time. If a sixth handset is added it will simply overwrite an existing valid handset.

Deleting handsets from the system:
There are occasions when it is necessary to delete a handset from the alarm system memory (loss or theft). To ensure that the correct memory space is deleted, use an existing valid handset and learn onto the system 5 times. This will ensure that all previously learned remote handsets will be erased from the system.
After the same valid handset has been learned onto the system 5 times, any other handsets can be added back onto the system by following the 'Adding Handsets to the System' procedure.

Hope this is of some help.
Old 06-17-2007, 01:33 AM

ie
http://www.bassoctopus.com/s2kuk/S2000alarm.pdf
(found in the archives)

cheers
Old 06-17-2007, 02:58 AM

Damn, just typed all that out too!!
Old 06-17-2007, 06:08 AM

Originally Posted by 2000BC,Jun 17 2007, 09:33 AM
ie
http://www.bassoctopus.com/s2kuk/S2000alarm.pdf
(found in the archives)

cheers
When I created that PDF 5-years ago, I didn't notice that there is an error in the Honda original at the bottom of the last page (third paragraph from the end).
It states "Battery type: alkaline 12volt".
This is wrong, it is actually: 9volt, 33mAh, size: 10.3mm diameter x 22.1mm length.
Example types: GP 10A (Gold Peak)
Old 06-24-2007, 01:56 PM

Tried it but although I can get it to go into learn mode, the new fob wont work after 5 seconds, help pls!

Quick Reply: key fob coding?