UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

My old S2K KX56 OBO

Old 02-17-2014, 12:30 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My old S2K KX56 OBO

Anyone know of... or has anyone seen my old S2K? just curious as I think I spotted it a few weeks ago, I am south west based near Bristol/Bath.

Silver stone silver reg KX56 OBO... just curious and I have some bits from it if the new owner wanted them?

I owned the car for about three years eventually sold it to a guy who sold it to dealer and surprisingly got more than the remaining finance. Had the car from 9,000 miles to around 30,000 and in that time looked after it really well aswell as investing in a mugen manifold, spoon exhaust and AEM v2 air induction kit.
Old 02-17-2014, 11:30 PM

Hi buddy, i was the owner of your car but recently sold it to a trader for an Evo 7... I bought it in April 2013 from a trader in Redditch, managed to track some of your previous posts down and found that you had fitted the mugen manifold... Thought id check to see if it was still fitted and couldnt believe my luck when i saw the mugen badge!!!

Heres how she looked after i had fitted the coilovers, wheels, miltek cat back and a few other bits but got to say, she was really clean and you had obviously taken good care of her while you owned it..

https://www.s2ki.com/s2000/topic/104...0000-mitch028/

I think i even spoke to the garage you used for services and so on to get a bit of a back ground of the car and he confirmed that it was always maintained well..

Its been put back to stock now and its for sale with a dealer in Lichfield now, Locate a car i think they're called...
Old 02-18-2014, 01:18 AM

Mitch always drove it like a girl too so it would be a great buy
Old 02-18-2014, 01:22 AM

Old 02-18-2014, 02:34 AM

Originally Posted by mitch028
No way brilliant stuff! Yes I spent quite a bit on the car only problem I really had in those years of ownership were a failed MAP sensor. Miss the car loads... I still have a spare key so ideally if someone on here buys it then I'd be happy to give it to them. I sold it to a guy in North Bristol last I heard he had changed some wheels and sold it onto a local dealer. The guy you'd have spoken to about the car was Steve of Laurels Garage of High Littleton he's been my mechanic for over 10 years! Thanks for the info it's always nice to know something you took a lot of pride in made someone else happy and still be looked after well. I'm in a 300bhp Fiat Coupe now but I'd be really tempted to track down and buy this one day if funds allow.

The Mugen manifold was a steal on eBay at just under £300 couldn't believe my luck and the exhaust when I sold it was a Spoon N1 so not sure where that went!
Old 02-18-2014, 02:51 AM

Yeah the name Steve does ring a bell.. he was really helpful and one of the biggest comforts in buying a used car is knowing it's been cared for any maintained by someone genuine..

The car came with standard 16" wheels when i bought it and I got the rotas pretty soon after..£300 for a mugen manifold is an absolute bargain!! Aren't they over £1000 new??? The AEM V2 was also sold with the car but that was also a bonus to find on the car when I bought it. I also had a 20v turbo fiat coupe a few years ago, unfortunately it tried to kill me after a wheel came off at 90mph.... It went quite soon after that

Its a great car and is back up for sale with the trader for £8500 I think, still only done just over 56k as well..
Old 02-18-2014, 03:55 AM

Originally Posted by mitch028
Yeah the name Steve does ring a bell.. he was really helpful and one of the biggest comforts in buying a used car is knowing it's been cared for any maintained by someone genuine..

The car came with standard 16" wheels when i bought it and I got the rotas pretty soon after..£300 for a mugen manifold is an absolute bargain!! Aren't they over £1000 new??? The AEM V2 was also sold with the car but that was also a bonus to find on the car when I bought it. I also had a 20v turbo fiat coupe a few years ago, unfortunately it tried to kill me after a wheel came off at 90mph.... It went quite soon after that

Its a great car and is back up for sale with the trader for £8500 I think, still only done just over 56k as well..
I bought and put that AEM v2 on shortly after buying the car and put on the CTR gear knob, custom black grill and red gear gaiter. I ran the car on 18" and 17" wheels during the time when I had it. The 17" were standard and I resprayed those myself and put on the car before selling so not sure about 16" wheels. I got the mugen manifold by luck on eBay as I said, the guy selling wasn't sure what model of manifold and I thought I spotted the Jasma/Mugen badge in one of his pictures and I got lucky, and you are right they are normally near £1000. If I had the money I'd buy this car back I had to sell as I had started my own business and couldn't afford to spend the money it deserved at the time. I'd rather not have a performance car and put cheap bits on it. I bought the Fiat last month touch wood no issues shocked to hear you had a wheel come off but at least you survived... Italian build quality ha!

A nice little history of that car for anyone who buys it and searches on here!
Old 02-18-2014, 04:56 AM

Yeah, they'll def have a well documented car with peice of mind.. the wheel coming off was more to do with a garage fitting wheel studs that were too short for the alloys and it came off about two miles after picking the car up from them.. so on that particular occasion, I couldn't blame the Italian build quality...

It was great at going quick in a straight line but I don't remember it being all that good in the corners???