UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

New Owner

Old 01-22-2015, 04:57 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by setchs2k
Thanks for replies.
Just paid my membership so can hopefully upload some images
https://www.s2ki.com/s2000/uploads/g...13_2579775.jpg

https://www.s2ki.com/s2000/uploads/g...414_843117.jpg
Old 01-22-2015, 05:44 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm also in the bermuda blue camp It is one of the rarer colours for the s2k but it does suit it, I'm on my 2nd BB
Curious how much you paid for such a high mileage 06 and why you didn't go for a lower mileage one?
Old 01-22-2015, 06:19 AM

Originally Posted by NicoS
I'm also in the bermuda blue camp It is one of the rarer colours for the s2k but it does suit it, I'm on my 2nd BB
Curious how much you paid for such a high mileage 06 and why you didn't go for a lower mileage one?

Paid £7k incl paintwork. The car just seemed right, good history, honest etc.
I did look at a 13k miler MY05 at more than twice the price and to be honest, having driven and inspected the higher mileage car couldn't really detect a big difference. I understand that cars that 'have been used' can often be in better condition than the very low mile cars ? The MY06 had VSA too, not on my 'must have list' but non-the-less worth having I guess.
At the end of the day, being a tight Yarkshireman, the value for money element convinced me and I am happy with my lot. Oh, my wife preferred the BB too !
Old 01-22-2015, 06:22 AM

Hi
I bought my Bermuda Blue beauty a couple of months ago. Its got 98k miles on it, but a full history, being looked after by Garage R up until its last service late 2013. The mileage doesn't bother me as I think condition is all and it is in fine fettle. I have got all the relevant oils and filters to give it a DIY service when the weather improves, but hope Garage R will continue with stuff I can't do or dont feel confident to do.
Is Garage R (Barnsley) still going, hope so?
The previous owner was a club member, I found some club cards in the secret compartment, he really cared for the car but racked up a good few miles, probably best thing for the car as it was in frequent use.
I intend getting along to one of my local meets at Walshford soon, the car is now SORN though until the salt disappears. It wont be a garage queen though!
I am still finding my way with the car, but so far love it.
Will get some images uploaded when I fathom how to do it.
Nick
Welcome to da Honda family

If you love it now, wait until end of March (when the top will go down) to experience a completely different car! Then you will truly fall in love!

Imho you shouldn't worry for the mileage if car was looked after as there are several people here above 300k+ and proud!

Now, why don't get a nice set of winter tyres (which will last you 4-5 years if you buy 'fresh' ones) and enjoy the car even with sleet/snow on the roads?
Honda S2000 - The Ice2K - Boosted Films: http://youtu.be/KHmYBMs5Ncs

I really cannot think not driving the car at any given chance (in fact I'm 'creating' excuses and excursions in order to drive it MORE!), but in my case it is also my daily.
Of course we are not getting much snow as in the video above but myself personally I got a nice set of Nokian WR A3
tyres from mytyres.co.uk for £406 (which I consider a 'bargain taking into account the years that the car will be wearing them!)

More importantly you have and 06 model so you will have VSA on your dashboard (Vehicle Stability Assistant). Hence, your car shouldn't feel
that twitchy on turns and aggressive acceleration.

Well, your call anyway. Thought I'll let you know that you can drive it all year around and enjoy this piece of brilliance EVERY SINGLE DAY!

PS. I'm completely stock (except my OEM catalytic converter which died and replaced with Berk) so if you are interested in WINTER tyre dimensions here is what I got:
front 205/50/17, rear 235/45/17
Old 01-22-2015, 06:48 AM
UK Moderator

Received 300 Likes on 258 Posts

Originally Posted by not4s4l3
If you love it now, wait until end of March (when the top will go down) to experience a completely different car! Then you will truly fall in love!
Why wait until March, many of us have the roof down all year round?

Originally Posted by not4s4l3
More importantly you have and 06 model so you will have VSA on your dashboard (Vehicle Stability Assistant). Hence, your car shouldn't feel
that twitchy on turns and aggressive acceleration.
Not necessarily, it was an option on the 06 cars, before becoming standard in 08. (Although I see this particular car does have the option fitted).
Old 01-22-2015, 07:47 AM

Why wait until March, many of us have the roof down all year round?
Yup, but you also are thick skinned right? No offense, I'm not that brave; although the heater is excellent, I like to smoke when
driving, hence will need to drop driver's window at some point ruining the nice hot air 'bubble' that keeps you warm. Or maybe, I'm just not brave enough! On a more serious note, I also like using the Hard Top in order to preserve nicely my Soft Top. So October-March is HT for me!

Not necessarily, it was an option on the 06 cars, before becoming standard in 08. (Although I see this particular car does have the option fitted).
I stand corrected! Thought it was standard on all 06+ didn't know it was optional!
Old 01-22-2015, 09:39 AM

Originally Posted by setchs2k' timestamp='1421932560' post='23477370
Thanks for replies.
Just paid my membership so can hopefully upload some images
https://www.s2ki.com/s2000/uploads/g...13_2579775.jpg

https://www.s2ki.com/s2000/uploads/g...414_843117.jpg
Stunning colour for the S

Had a 1972 GT6 MK3 when I was a kid so know all about the 6potter (terrific sound)
Attached Thumbnails New Owner-001.jpg  
Old 01-22-2015, 10:10 AM

Love the Bermuda. Welcome and check out the meets page!
Old 01-22-2015, 02:37 PM

I have made contact with Tracktorque at Tockwith (near York) about Geo and got helpful advice and a quote of £130 inclusive (assuming all unseized). Sounds reasonable, what do others think ?
Hi Nick,

Welcome to the forum. You obviously have good taste £7k sounds like a good price too IMO

I took my other car (not an S2000) to Tracktorque for a geo a few years ago after I fitted coilovers to it. I was very happy with their service and would go back if I still lived in that area. That was a straight forward job with nothing seized though. They might be a little more expensive than high street places, but you get what you pay for in my opinion. Plus there was no BS about suspension components being worn out (like I got from Hi-Q beforehand). I also got to drive their old 1 litre Polo for the day, which made my car feel even more awesome when I got it back!

Have fun