UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

Nice review

Old 06-30-2001, 04:04 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Nice review

Some of you may have seen this but I really like this one

http://www.audiworld.com/news/01/tt_s2000/index.html
Old 07-01-2001, 12:41 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The S2000 on the other hand is a car that was created for the single purpose of socially irresponsible driving, a dream car for the true enthusiast. After getting out of the S2000 every other car feels heavy, cumbersome, imprecise, untrustworthy and just plain less fun.

Excellent review, honest and correct (in my mind).
I like the Audi TT but only in hardtop form, the soft top looks a bit bloated for my tastes (the chrome rollover hoops are a bit much also).
Mental note: I must VTech my car today
Old 07-01-2001, 02:01 AM

Nice find Tonky,

I thought it was a really good read. It sounded genuine, honest and unbiased (if there is such a thing.) A good comparison without slagging either of the cars off. It nice that a reviewer can highlight the strengths and weaknesses without putting the other car down.

I would like to have driven a TT just to see for myself what the experience was like. But Im confident that I made the right choice in buying an S2000... Ive never driven a car like an s2000 in my entire life. I dont know if I've mentioned it before, but I drove a Fiat Bravo before this so you can imagine the difference !!

... its just pure driving heaven.

Since getting my s2000, Ive driven a couple of my friends cars, and I don't think I can go back to those horrible gear changes and no VTEC !!!
Old 07-01-2001, 04:04 AM

Nice review.
I still don't understand why the UK car mags don't worship our car more... They put an Impreza on every cover, but EVO didn't even include the S2000 in the 'sport car issue'..
I've driven both, and even if the Subaru is more glued to the road, the experience is just dull, it's only a souped-up saloon after all.

Old 07-01-2001, 06:05 AM

lecar, i know what you mean about british mags. They all seem to hate s2k's, but thats because most of them are teenage journalists who sit in offices all day dreaming of owning an Evo.

I was reading an issue of 'redline' the other month, and in the back was a section detailing the cost, bhp, 0-60 of many cars.
They stated that an Integra Type R had 190BHP, and a S2000 had 191BHP ! Thats just plain wrong... this kind of misprint can lead to upsets.....

If I didn't know any better then I wouldn't even question it... so Im sure most of the public don't really know the full potential the S2k has.. they only look at the Evo's and the Sub's because the media is fixated by them. They are always used to sell mags and products.

In a way though its nice to have a car that isn't so popular or should I say common. Lets face it, Every day I see at least 2 Suburus and maybe a couple of Boxtsers.. but Ive only ever seen 4 S2k's in my life... to me thats nice
Old 07-02-2001, 12:49 AM

Originally posted by N-a-$-t-Y
maybe a couple of Boxtsers..
In my case it's more than just a couple... they seem to be as common as Clios in the City. I have my daily habit of counting the expensive cars I see each morning when walking from my flat to my office (a 4 minutes walk on Old Street, east London ), an almost every day I see at least 2 Porsches and one TVR, Ferrari or Aston...
But it's true that I love the exclusivity of my car, especially in France, where it didn't sell too well (300 last year I think)...
Old 07-06-2001, 12:33 PM

All

I have extensively test driven the TT225 against the S2000 for the past few months (apologies to all the Dealers I have strung along!) and I based my decision around long term appeal.

The TT IS a beautiful car and the interior is far superior to the Honda. It's also fast!

But.....would it keep my attention for the next three years (I usually buy my cars on PCP deals)?

I remember coming back from the respective dealers thinking:

- TT - hmm, nice car, looks good, quite quick

- S2000 - F**K ME, I HAVE TO GET ONE!!!!!!

I also did the Jonathan Palmer Sensation day up in Bedford. I drove the two cars back to back on the track:

- TT - smooooooth, fast, no drama (not much excitement)

- S2000 - F**K ME, I HAVE TO GET ONE!!!!!!

So, I reckon I won't get bored AND there is much more to learn about driving the S2000 fast!

It's about discovering depth of character (S2000) v. image (TT).

What d'ya think?

JohnnyUK

(Just want it to arrive now I've written all that!)
Old 07-06-2001, 12:36 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You said it all... Way to go!