UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

No claims bonus out the window, literally!

Old 11-05-2017, 02:26 AM

Received 58 Likes on 56 Posts

I'm with Jim - covered under 'glass' policy?
Old 11-05-2017, 03:15 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

When I rang got put straight through to Autoglass, he had to check if they were able to source the part but luckily they can. It's a £75 glass excess and shouldn't affect my NCD with Admiral. They have to order it in though which could be 2 weeks! Done my best to waterproof the window for now =/

There's a couple of dents on the boot which I'll have to get fixed myself separately. I'm planning on having some paintwork jobs done on the bonnet & wing soon so I'll just have to get that added on. Annoying as the paintwork was generally in great condition.

No idea how i'm going to clean up the glass though, it's everywhere and I don't have a driveway
Old 11-05-2017, 03:31 AM

Bastards! I would be heartbroken, hope you get it sorted soon. Sheer jealousy!
Old 11-05-2017, 06:32 AM

Received 85 Likes on 68 Posts

Originally Posted by ClumUK
When I rang got put straight through to Autoglass, he had to check if they were able to source the part but luckily they can. It's a £75 glass excess and shouldn't affect my NCD with Admiral. They have to order it in though which could be 2 weeks! Done my best to waterproof the window for now =/

There's a couple of dents on the boot which I'll have to get fixed myself separately. I'm planning on having some paintwork jobs done on the bonnet & wing soon so I'll just have to get that added on. Annoying as the paintwork was generally in great condition.

No idea how i'm going to clean up the glass though, it's everywhere and I don't have a driveway
Autoglass will vac out the bits but you will probably have to take the hard top off for them to get right in. I'd be tempted to do that anyway and put the soft top up, except the little sh1ts might come back and slash it.

Idea! keep the bits of glass in case plod actually find them, then feed it to the bastards!
Old 11-05-2017, 06:54 AM

Originally Posted by richmc
Autoglass will vac out the bits but you will probably have to take the hard top off for them to get right in. I'd be tempted to do that anyway and put the soft top up, except the little sh1ts might come back and slash it.
Ah that's good to know then, they rang back and offered to come out tomorrow and do a 'weather guard' until they can order the replacement. I had considered putting the soft top up but there's so much glass there currently I couldn't bear to attempt it.

Hopefully it's just a case wrong place wrong time, if that empty gas canister hadn't been dumped on the pavement then it never would have happened. Be interesting to see if anything useful can be taken from the CCTV.
Old 11-05-2017, 01:38 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sorry to see that! absolutely awful, best wishes for speedy fix!
Old 11-07-2017, 03:44 AM

Received 42 Likes on 38 Posts

WHAT IS WRONG WITH PEOPLE! Sorry to see this. Hope you get the new glass in soon
Old 11-09-2017, 10:51 AM

Received 246 Likes on 212 Posts

Originally Posted by richmc
Idea! keep the bits of glass in case plod actually find them, then feed it to the bastards!
I'd the glass to them via their arse canal followed by a tube of mastic, if they get caught it'll likely be a telling off at most.
Old 11-10-2017, 08:07 AM

Received 58 Likes on 56 Posts

It's when the mastic gun goes in too, they really wriggle.
Old 11-10-2017, 08:48 AM

Received 85 Likes on 68 Posts

Originally Posted by Nick Graves
It's when the mastic gun goes in too, they really wriggle.
Maybe not, might just think it a dose of KY and are expecting the shafting they deserve, what they deserve is what was shown in Gunpowder last week.

Quick Reply: No claims bonus out the window, literally!