UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

Nurburgring

Old 03-21-2002, 01:00 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Nurburgring

No, not the car colour, but the Nordschlieffe circuit in Germany. I'm wondering if anyone has taken their S2000 arounf the 'Ring and if so, what time did they get from Bridge to Gantry?

As mentioned before, I'm replacing my VTS with the S2000 and am thinking how this should improve my lap times, currently about 9mins 40 secs or so. The faster acceleration coupled with mid-range grunt, and with a much greater top-end should see quicker lap times. Any comments?

On a side note, the 'Ring is open over many weekends in the Summer. Anyone planning to make a trip there? It's well worth it - I've been 4 times - twice as co-driver in a Scooby and twice with my VTS. I'm thinking about going over mid to late August, but anyone thought about it?

Cheers for now

Ben

PS The wait isn't getting any easier despite almost being half way there......
Old 07-29-2002, 02:31 PM
SUN

Hi Ben

Just saw this mail after doing a search on " Nurburgring" :-) Are you still waiting for the car ?

If you are going over there in End of August let me know. I've been to the track, several times with the S. But I rarely time my driving, I just find the mood at the track great, and have great funn driving up there.

I'm on holiday 10-25 of August, but outside this period, I might be able to show up at the ring. Sometimes the S2000 guys here from benelux meet up there for some fun, so who know maybe we could get a mini meet together.
Old 07-29-2002, 11:45 PM

Hey Sun - at last an S2000 owner who's driven the Ring! And you live near there - you lucky swine... I've driven about 40 laps in the Saxo, and been driven another 20 or so in my mate's Subaru. Can't wait to take the S2000 on it!

The car is possibly being delivered to Brugge next week and I intend to collect it on Friday 9th and then spend the weekend at the Ring (having run the car in, of course).

Failing that, if it doesn't arrive in time, I'll be collecting it on the following Wednesday (14th) from Brugge, then tooling around for a few days before heading for the Ring that weekend.

Just my luck - I guess you'll be away for the entire period I could be there for!

However, the scheduled August Ring trip has now been put back to September (due to the delay in getting the car) so I may well be over c. 2nd or 3rd weekend of Sept. So it may be possible to meet up then.

Cheers

Ben
Old 07-29-2002, 11:49 PM

Ive not been to the ring but I also upgraded from a Saxo VTS, all I can say is that the S is completely different (IN A VERY GOOD WAY!!!!)
Cheers
Churchy
Old 07-29-2002, 11:54 PM

Cheers Churchy

I'm am trying not to get my hopes up that the car will be ready for collection next week, but its tough!

My mate is driving me there in his 4.3 Griffith so it should be fun to compare the two cars - generally similar but very different in some areas I reckon.

Ben
Old 07-30-2002, 12:34 PM
SUN

Hi Ben

Yeah that's sure sad if you pickup your car exactly when I'm away on vacaiton :-(

But if you are planning a September trip to the ring then theres a big chnace I'll show up there. Monday when I was at the ring, there was two other S2000's in action. One German and one dutch !

You can also post in the European forum, we are at least 5 people from benelux, which have been to the ring, and maybe they can be tempted as well :-)