UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

petrol station stories

Old 02-23-2014, 02:36 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Many years ago (about 20) I was puting some fuel in may first car a 1.2 Nova and two lads on TZR 125's start pointing an laughing at me. 2 turns in I happen to be going the same way and can still see them looking over there shoulders so I floored the poor little car and they take off, half way up the road I hit the brakes because I saw the copper with the speed gun on my way to the petrol station. I also saw him writing notes as I cruised passed at a legal 30mph
Old 02-23-2014, 03:26 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

[attachment=54439::]

[attachment=54440::]

I once owned this after restoring it. Had a 1330 engine with 110 bhp. I overtook someone on a two way slip road as they were slow, the male driver stuck his finger up as I went by. Never did nothing wrong. Some ppl lol

Also while driving home On m25 with my Gf and a car containing 3 blokes in a car drove by and 2
Of them pulling moonies at me and the driver signalling for a blowie. lol I just laughed.

used to get the odd comment at stations,I just used to say cheers and drive off lol
Attached Thumbnails petrol station stories-image-1303563431.jpg   petrol station stories-image-129980947.jpg  
Old 02-23-2014, 04:12 PM
MB

Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts

I've had some funny looks on the rare occasion I fill mine up at a station.
Old 02-23-2014, 11:53 PM

Received 85 Likes on 68 Posts

Local to me is a Shell station, one summer a car caught fire, only minor to start with but the staff refused to push it away from the pumps, the reason........... HEALTH AND SAFETY!

A few minuets the fire took hold and before the brigade arrived did a mighty amount of damage, a month later when it reopened it had new staff, wonder why?

Now I know the thing about don't put yourself in danger tackling a fire, but I think this was a case of the owner knew he had a monopoly in the area so charged max for fuel, his staff were on minimum wage and hated him, and he was a miserable sod who was universally despised by the local community.
Old 02-23-2014, 11:57 PM

My partner gets some funny comments at petrol stations. She drives a DC5 and blokes tend not to believe that it is in fact her car
Old 02-24-2014, 02:07 AM

Received 24 Likes on 24 Posts

I drove my car away from the pumps when a queue built up behind it, my ex girlfriend was driving it at the time and was in paying for petrol. She freaked out when she saw it happening and the attendant thought it was being stolen! I had two broken wrists with my hands in casts lol.

Another time i pulled up at the Burger King drive through, S2000 all nice and clean and hood down. Two heads popped out the window to look at the car with a third commenting behind them.
Old 02-24-2014, 02:30 AM

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts

I used to get the odd comment in my 205/Williams/306 Rallye track car, but not so much as a raised eyebrow for the S2000. French tin turns more heads...who knew!
Old 02-24-2014, 04:22 AM

Had a middle-age guy take a photo of mine first time I filled her up! Made me chuckle to myself, was grinning like a cheshire cat when I got back in it. Went out this weekend with the top down and a old lady commented on how nice it looked !
Old 02-24-2014, 04:30 AM

Not a petrol station story, but I used to work in a garage and would get compliments all day long from people, doing walks around the car, looking inside, asking loads of questions. Never got old. Loved the attention she got.

Recently came out to a car park once and there's this little kid about 12/13, taking photos all around with his phone. I have to say, that felt awesome. I was doing that when I was his age (and still do it, to be honest). I asked him if he wanted a look inside and joked with him about giving him the keys. He was keen, haha. His mum and dad had to do the typical, "C'mon then, you. Let's go".

Latest was a walk-by when I was washing her last weekend - "Aye, it's worth it, mate - that's a beautiful car".

I think so too

She's always getting looks and compliments. Feels good.
Old 02-24-2014, 07:09 AM

I get more compliments when I am in the Defender than in the S2k.

Quick Reply: petrol station stories