UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

petrol station stories

Old 02-24-2014, 07:16 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

People do comment, was having a coffee at portadown hill earlier, guy next to me in his van was looking (had top down of course) he said mate you do not want to spill that in her, shes abeauty, I said absolutely, thatll mean even more cleaning!
Old 02-24-2014, 12:18 PM

Received 32 Likes on 25 Posts

None so much in the S2000... Old astra however used to get lots of compliments, mainly down to its colour!
Old 02-24-2014, 12:34 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I used to get loads of positive comments about my old r5gtt,and it was generally people aged 50+.telling me how they remember when they first came out etc
Old 02-24-2014, 02:21 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Funny what gets comments. Just before I got the S2k in december I was signing for a delivery, the driver commented on both my sons cars a R5 campus and an austin metro, didn't bat an eyelid at my Porsche 924 which was also on the drive
Old 02-24-2014, 02:28 PM

The usual comments are along the lines of 'Ooh look, it's the Stig!' Yes, I'm wearing a white helmet, but it's not a Simpson Diamondback, and I'm not wearing a race suit. The kids always point though
The best one I had was from two Police officers who were asking all about the Westfield. They were really cool about it all and then challenged me to a race in their Diesel Focus!!
Old 02-24-2014, 02:29 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've only ever had negative comments in the S2000.
Old 02-24-2014, 09:51 PM

I was in a service station in Belgium way back when a testarossa pulled in. Very quickly a crowd of about 20 people gathered round it. Suddenly an F40 came in. Never seen a group of people move so quickly away from a Ferrari.
Old 02-24-2014, 11:45 PM

Less of a story, more of a rant
Last night I went to get petrol at peak time (terrible idea I know)
Pick what is clearly the shortest queue and with the nozzle on the right side (left, ahh so much humour)
The two cars at the pumps just sat there, and sat there, turns out the people had decided a major shop was in order (one took half an hour =[)
Oh and to top it off the women in front reversed into me YAY
No damage though =]
Old 02-25-2014, 01:55 AM

Originally Posted by jamiepm
Less of a story, more of a rant
Last night I went to get petrol at peak time (terrible idea I know)
Pick what is clearly the shortest queue and with the nozzle on the right side (left, ahh so much humour)
The two cars at the pumps just sat there, and sat there, turns out the people had decided a major shop was in order (one took half an hour =[)
Oh and to top it off the women in front reversed into me YAY
No damage though =]
I absolutely detest when people do this, it even says on the petrol pumps that if you are thinking of doing this, can you please move your car into an appropriate parking space. I saw someone doing this to a fella who was waiting next to me. When the woman came out, shopping in hand, he said something to her only for the woman to nearly kick his head in.
Old 02-25-2014, 12:01 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I bought VW beetle from a local dealer and as they did not sell petrol I called in to one that did. I could not find the filler cap, nor could the attendant or the small audience that had gathered. So after trying to explain my way out of the embarrassing situation I took it back to where I had bought it. They did not know either so they rang a VW garage to ask.

Find and pull the lever marked "bonnet" its under there! Very clever! At least Honda give you a fighting chance!

That was in 1968 and One Pound would buy 3.5 gallons.

Quick Reply: petrol station stories