UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

Project Orange Beastie 2 (OB2)

Old 04-06-2010, 01:05 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Project Orange Beastie 2 (OB2)

As many of you know I wrote my previous car off in December after a coming together with some black ice and crash barrier on the M25.

Opinions were tied between the professional view that nothing could be done in the circumstances and the arm chair experts on here who think I should get some more lessons!

Many will be disappointed to learn I have not spent the last few months in a Fiat Panda hands at 10 to 2 being bored senseless but sourcing a replacement for my much cherished OB1.

Last Thursday after finally getting the settlement from the insurance company I promptly parted with it and brought Lee's much polished car.

https://www.s2ki.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=778126

Well it has been a busy weekend since then with various trips to relatives, drive outs and parties and it has been both mine and Rebecca's birthdays.
But those that know me will be aware it would not stop me from putting my mark on the car.

I have only messed with the interior at the moment as there are a few bits I am still waiting on from various supplyers (no not CTL).

The first thing to change was the steering wheel, ever since seeing a VGS wheel on a car at the Euromeet last year I have been looking to put one on my car, having discovered that it was not a direct fit put a few issues in the mix, but as I like a bit of a challenge I sourced a second hand one from the states and set about making the changes.
For information a new wheel is £700 from Japan before shipping and import duty etc, I also purchased a second hand standard wheel from Ebay (20p plus postage) so I didn't have to bastardise the one from the car, while under there I also disconnected the key in ignition/door open beeping which drives me insane.

I had a few issues with the horn afterwards but when I cleared my bench I found the spring I had missed. It was certainly a little tense while I gently removed the explosive device

I had also purchased some 17 alloys from the forum, and after getting them refurbed by Pristine Alloys in Milton Keynes in the ever popular style, had some new rubber fitted by WIM as they have the contactless tyre changing facilities, and came very close to price matching Black circles quote.

Also on the interior I refitted my Alpine stereo and SPOD anti roll bar speakers with Ipod lead in the center console.

Fitted heated seats, as expected from such a low mileage car the bolsters were in imaculate condition!

Replaced the original mats with 4 piece mats.

Fitted an additional power socket under the dash for my satnav charger.

And fitted my Rick's Titanium gear shifter and a gun metal radio door to match the steering wheel.

I have a couple of things left to do in the cockpit, the roof fix to raise and lower on the move, gauge pods and full size wind deflector, which will be done over the coming days.

Then as parts arrive I will be doing the engine, cooling, exhaust etc..

I will keep updating and boring you all with this thread as things progress.
Old 04-06-2010, 01:10 AM

Thats a great car and a great job well done....where are the wires for the key bleeper etc and how did you disconnect them?
Old 04-06-2010, 01:12 AM

Originally Posted by barefoot,Apr 6 2010, 09:10 AM
Thats a great car and a great job well done....where are the wires for the key bleeper etc and how did you disconnect them?
Remove the bottom plastic cover from the steering column and there is a green connector block towards the back in the middle, just disconnect it. Wrestle the plastic cover back on and job done!
Old 04-06-2010, 01:14 AM

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Nice work on the steering wheel.

Old 04-06-2010, 01:15 AM
Community Organizer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Lee's car is taking shape - looking good
Old 04-06-2010, 01:17 AM

Originally Posted by eSeM,Apr 6 2010, 09:14 AM
Nice work on the steering wheel.

I wanted to get the VGS removed, filled and sprayed but to do it properly means removing the leather. I have been quoted £350 to do the leather so decided against the respray...
Old 04-06-2010, 01:34 AM

- glad you managed to get another orange beastie

Love that steering wheel
Old 04-06-2010, 01:41 AM

Looking forward to seeing this in the metal it's looking very nice. Love the wheels and VGS too
Old 04-06-2010, 01:44 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You can now think up a new definition for that TLA.

is it getting the full blower treatment?
Old 04-06-2010, 01:46 AM

+1 for the Marmite Wheels

Quick Reply: Project Orange Beastie 2 (OB2)