UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

Pussy Cat build,

Old 10-11-2011, 11:18 PM
Community Organizer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by mr-pitts
Originally Posted by Kitesurfer s2000' timestamp='1318363744' post='21060690
Fernando is starting the fabrication on the manifold on monday,so he seems happy with the pics/measurements I have sent him.

Ive got another issue at the moment,,,The front wings Dixon sent myself and Rob(cybergook)dont fit very well and are very flimsy.I have done quite a bit of adjusting and moving them about but to get one gap right puts another one out.I dont think I want them on my car.

The standard front wings can be widened and painted possibly for the price of sending these back.The price isnt an issue but the quality of fit and finish is. More buggering about
I have the same problem with my wheels in the front wings. I do not know how easy they could be widened. I have widened the rear and problem solved together with -2 camber. However front ones is a different story. If the offsets of your front wheels are not crazy then you might get away with it only by widening the inner wing protection plastic and just roll back the wings trim . At least in mine the wheels touch the plastic clips attached in the wing trim.
Old 10-11-2011, 11:30 PM

Originally Posted by S2000_FUN
Originally Posted by mr-pitts' timestamp='1318403073' post='21062118
[quote name='Kitesurfer s2000' timestamp='1318363744' post='21060690']
https://www.s2ki.com/s2000/topic/901...hp-stock-f20c/ Check this out guys .
Fernando is starting the fabrication on the manifold on monday,so he seems happy with the pics/measurements I have sent him.

Ive got another issue at the moment,,,The front wings Dixon sent myself and Rob(cybergook)dont fit very well and are very flimsy.I have done quite a bit of adjusting and moving them about but to get one gap right puts another one out.I dont think I want them on my car.

The standard front wings can be widened and painted possibly for the price of sending these back.The price isnt an issue but the quality of fit and finish is. More buggering about
I have the same problem with my wheels in the front wings. I do not know how easy they could be widened. I have widened the rear and problem solved together with -2 camber. However front ones is a different story. If the offsets of your front wheels are not crazy then you might get away with it only by widening the inner wing protection plastic and just roll back the wings trim . At least in mine the wheels touch the plastic clips attached in the wing trim.
[/quote]

I know! Ive got et38 offset I could do with 25-30 adding to my standard wings.I dont want to slam the car.the good thing is the standard front wings are off the car and the front of my car is being painted anyway.just wondering If I can have them extended out with a hammer and dolly because they are going to be painted anyway.Will keep you posted.
Old 10-11-2011, 11:33 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Could you not get a body shop to make them fit ? My whole kit had to be smoothed in.
Old 10-11-2011, 11:46 PM

Originally Posted by Kitesurfer s2000
Could you not get a body shop to make them fit ? My whole kit had to be smoothed in.

Going to speak to my painter guy today, to see what he suggests,iv just measured my stock wing,it's got a 25mm vertical lip which could be rolled out to give me what I need.Which ever way it's done it has got to be done right... No bodge job.
Old 10-12-2011, 12:02 AM
Community Organizer

Originally Posted by mr-pitts
Originally Posted by Kitesurfer s2000' timestamp='1318404810' post='21062139

Going to speak to my painter guy today, to see what he suggests,iv just measured my stock wing,it's got a 25mm vertical lip which could be rolled out to give me what I need.Which ever way it's done it has got to be done right... No bodge job.
Exactly that was what i meant. I am sorry for my English. You can roll out this vertical lip and just extend the inner wing plastic protection with a heatgun to fill in the space left. Please keep us posted
Old 10-12-2011, 01:19 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This is fine but purely flared arches do look a bodge. You want to retain the vertical swage line in the arch too!
Old 10-12-2011, 04:18 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I've seen some photos of wing widening in the US galery, where they cut the wing and just add a bit of sheet metal, and then stick the edge back on, after paint it looks just like normal but just a bit wider.... perfect!
Old 10-12-2011, 04:27 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

like so:

https://www.s2ki.com/s2000/topic/780...#entry18503011
Old 10-12-2011, 04:28 AM

No disrespect to Dixon,but the shine ones are too far out and the gapping is all over the place.os soon as you get the gap right by the bonnet it's wrong by the headlight. To get the gap right by the door they need sanding back at the top and bottom,once.you do that it then pulls away from the headlight .

I have to add that Dixon never saw these they were shipped straight to me,which Dixon did as a favour so that the bodyshop could fit the rear arches before my tax run out.
Old 10-12-2011, 04:59 AM

The more I check out these wings and take measurements the more I realise they are never going to fit.This is the top of the wing to the door.
Middle of wing to door.

Headlight/wingThis is the cat lying on my knee,Bless her

How can she be comfortable like that?

I know ime not,she is like a little radiator

Quick Reply: Pussy Cat build,