UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

Pussy Cat build,

Old 03-21-2012, 04:55 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by MB
Mmmmm, Top Secret bonnet like mine

Is it real?

Yeh it is, chap is on the dutch forum, spent the last year or so building his turbo engine, a bit like Glenn here but with a Supra gearbox and 600bhp

Think he has the full cf undertray as well
Old 03-21-2012, 11:47 AM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Hummmm my friends got a spare Supra gearbox ,(nooo Lee stop it) . Just put Rob2.2 jdm diff in today mine was just about to let go cost me some electrical bits i had spare so win win .So ive got a second diff that i can build strengthen ,do somthing with all idears on a postcard .

1 The caps that hold the lsd in place are cast rubbish and flex causing the two final drive gears to part (BANG) friend has a cc machine could he make new ones ?

2 Can the diff casing be reinforced on the outside or inside ?

3 Heat treat the whole diff ?

We need a boost section to talk about these problems .
Old 03-21-2012, 12:20 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Use the cast caps but machine some reinforcement caps to go over the top. The bolts stretch that also cause the parting of gears so change the bolts. I will be machining some reinforcement caps but can't do it till I buy a second diff to work on.
Old 03-21-2012, 12:35 PM

Originally Posted by mattie170
Use the cast caps but machine some reinforcement caps to go over the top. The bolts stretch that also cause the parting of gears so change the bolts. I will be machining some reinforcement caps but can't do it till I buy a second diff to work on.

Ive seen the caps to go over the top ,but that seems to me like half a job

The bolts will need to be longer with the cap over the top this is somthing im going to work on humm.
Old 03-21-2012, 12:40 PM

It's a lot of work to machine the caps from solid then you get to the fact as it warms up the two sides could expand at different rates which may cause problems. Cast materials are normally very stable so I would prefer to stick with it.
Old 03-21-2012, 01:09 PM

Originally Posted by mattie170
It's a lot of work to machine the caps from solid then you get to the fact as it warms up the two sides could expand at different rates which may cause problems. Cast materials are normally very stable so I would prefer to stick with it.

Cheers for that info had not thought about that .Still have a 11 days off work so i will crack the diff open and start getting advice from my mates, if i get some caps made i will see what the chap would make and sell them for if it would be helpfull to people Lee.
Old 03-23-2012, 08:27 PM

Look at this beast I've just had back off Dixon. It's had a cat/decat flange welded on and been ceramic coated....

This is how it looks fitted...

Yes I know it's near the abs thing but that will be moved and I am making a heat shield to separate them.

I don't want to blow smoke up Dixons Ass but he has never yet failed to come up with the goods for me.

I found myself calling money Dixons, every time I talk to him it cost me money...bless, but having said that I have yet to be disappointed with anything he has supplied.Top Man.

I might even put it on a trailer and run it down to him when it's all finished and let him geo/tune and fettle it, just so that I know everything is as good as I could be.Mmm that does sound expensive.

How about it Mr Cheng ??
Old 03-23-2012, 11:32 PM
Community Organizer

Glen just wrap it up with titanium heatshield and ABS unit will be fine. I do not think you have to move it if you don't have to, in order to fit any other part of the turbo kit. Also use heat insulation tubes around any cable which is close to heat source produced by the turbo. I can help you choose if you want as i have put loads in my engine bay
Old 03-24-2012, 03:30 AM

The ABS is easy to move . Interested in the heat pipe stuth? .
Old 03-24-2012, 10:01 AM

Originally Posted by S2000_FUN
Glen just wrap it up with titanium heatshield and ABS unit will be fine. I do not think you have to move it if you don't have to, in order to fit any other part of the turbo kit. Also use heat insulation tubes around any cable which is close to heat source produced by the turbo. I can help you choose if you want as i have put loads in my engine bay
Thanks for the offer Chris, I think I should have enough heat shielding,Fernando sent me some over with the parts.

The main reason I am going to make a shield out of sheet aluminium is to make it look nice and tidy.

Quick Reply: Pussy Cat build,