UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

Quick Pictures

Old 03-14-2012, 07:57 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Quick Pictures

Had a quick blast on the Evo triangle this afternoon ( x2 ), so I though I'd post up a couple of pictures I took. I'll be honest I was going to take a few of the different stopping areas, but I was enjoying the drive too much to stop .

The wheels I still can't get a decent picture of the colour they are in real life, they just don't seem to photo very well as they come across flat and dull when they really aren't!

Had a chance to have the 65Pro exhaust warmed and some proper Vtec action, and my lord it sounds immense!
Attached Thumbnails Quick Pictures-s2evo1.jpg   Quick Pictures-evo2.jpg   Quick Pictures-evo3.jpg   Quick Pictures-evo4.jpg  
Old 03-14-2012, 08:04 AM
UK Moderator

Received 305 Likes on 261 Posts

Lucky you, what a lovely day!
Is the exhaust drone getting any better?
Old 03-14-2012, 08:43 AM

Originally Posted by lovegroova
Lucky you, what a lovely day!
Is the exhaust drone getting any better?
I'm sure the getting used to it has helped a little, but it's still bothering me a bit, can't quite decide if it's a lot to do with how bassy the exhaust sound is, and as such is it more a case of it being deep than droney by now. The HFC I say reduced it about 15% and the sound deadening a further 15%.
Old 03-14-2012, 08:58 AM

In fact I'm hoping zzkamikazezz pops into the thread, as he was behind the car for a few miles in most gears in and out of vtec, since I've never heard it from a bystanders point of view, would be interesting to have some feedback on the sound. When the car was being driver spirited for a decent length it had some lovely sounds on the overrun and high rpm gear changes.
Old 03-15-2012, 02:00 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I couldn't believe it, I drive all the way up from London with a friend (who hired a 996 trubo for the day!) and not only bump into someone off the board, but someone I sold a CAT to only a week before, crazy!
I can't really comment on the noise from your car, I didn't hear anything but I had the roof down and I have and induction kit and exhaust on mine as well.

Great photos, I have one or two I'll post up tonight but we got a bit carried away driving and missed the best of the light. I’ve also got a few very boring and slow gopro videos that I won't bother posting up on the internet

The 996 turbo, although epically quick in straight line could not lose my S at all on anything but long straights I've plenty of video of me behind him the whole 12 odd mile run. Partly this is because the car had a 4k insurance excess and the driver of it had only had about 5 hours behind the wheel admittedly. The Turbo had 100k miles on it and I'm not sure if it’s because of the age but we both felt the car and chassis were not properly moving together, there was too much play, perhaps due to the weight. Also it loved to squirm as it shifted power to the front wheels when flooring it, it wasn't the back squirming but as the front wheels got power the car was pulled around as part of the front engaging. It was quite unnerving until you just learned that its the way the car likes to put the power down and ignore it. Fantastic looking car and stupid power but the S with the roof down was producing the bigger grins as it was way more chuckable and you could work it more Getting back into the S though after going out in the turbo the lack of torque made it feel like a hair dryer for a few miles