UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

Robs Monster S2K build

Old 05-22-2011, 11:59 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

A photoshop of how my car should look when done. Obviously a different bumper and arches. But the split of black and grey. Oh and minus the rear wing. Keeping that OEM courtesy of Rob.

Going to do my wheels black too and tint out the rear hardtop window, whether that be OEM or the spoon version if I sell my OEM one...

What do people think?

OH BTW this has the aftermarket lights photoshopped on aswell...
Old 05-22-2011, 12:40 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

That grey is lush, will look very racer when its finished with black wheels too!

The torque drift's I've been looking at are 17x8 et35 so I'm thinking they are a better bet with the archwork issue but have no idea whether that will give the face a nice concave look or not...tough decisions!
Old 05-22-2011, 01:08 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think the colour is boring personally, I would have gone for a darker colour, like BRG, Imola Orange or red metallic, I think that grey colour will just blend in with everything else. If you look at Lloyd's car (KawasakiVTEC) and Simon's from Hendy Performance they are both really bright colours and they look brilliant. I just think grey is just so over used and it is bit bleurgh.

If you are going to re-spray, I would do something a bit more loud...personally!

The two tone looks good however.

Graham
Old 05-22-2011, 01:15 PM
UK Moderator

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

I'm not a fan of green, orange or red for that matter and think the grey looks

just goes to show that people have different taste

Chris.
Old 05-22-2011, 01:21 PM

Its all a matter of opinion of course I am going for a high quality look and want to retain the factory red interior. Grey was just one of the colour I felt worked on a neutral level with the interior, but still was different enough. If you see this grey in person it really is nice (well I think so )

Spykee, the fitment you have mentioned will not have much of a concave at all. I did quite alot of research before making crap loads of work for myself lol
Old 05-22-2011, 01:27 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by cyber gook
Spykee, the fitment you have mentioned will not have much of a concave at all. I did quite alot of research before making crap loads of work for myself lol
Bugger, back to square one then or do shed loads of arch work...

Spotted you're in Leicester, would love to see the car when it's finished, TommyS2000 and I will have to organise a Northamptonshire or Leicestershire meet
Old 05-22-2011, 01:37 PM

Originally Posted by cyber gook
Its all a matter of opinion of course I am going for a high quality look and want to retain the factory red interior. Grey was just one of the colour I felt worked on a neutral level with the interior, but still was different enough. If you see this grey in person it really is nice (well I think so )

Yep, life would be very boring if we all agreed! I am confident with your current fastidious build quality thus far, I am probably wro..wron...mistaken on the colour choice!
Old 05-22-2011, 01:37 PM

Yes mate for sure! Tommys really not far away. It took me just over 30mins to get to him from work.

Look forward to enjoying it!
Old 05-22-2011, 01:38 PM

Originally Posted by gbduo
Originally Posted by cyber gook' timestamp='1306099303' post='20603154

Yep, life would be very boring if we all agreed! I am confident with your current fastidious build quality thus far, I am probably wro..wron...mistaken on the colour choice!
Haha...
Old 05-22-2011, 01:47 PM

What bumper is that?

Quick Reply: Robs Monster S2K build