UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

Roof leaking etc, p**ing me off! :(

Old 12-05-2007, 10:37 AM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Roof leaking etc, p**ing me off! :(

Okay i took some pictures, abeit poor ones but its always dark when i finish work : . I am totally f**ked off I cant see whats wrong Honda dont seem to have an idea either.

The S isnt used as much as it used to be, so it sits on the drive most of the time. Im sure other people are having these problems too esp this time of the year!

In a nutshell
*Leaks from the front corner and middle bit whilst in the car and wets the seat.
*Water gathers and collects inside the seals, so when im inside and close the door water flys out.
*When the S has been standing and i drive off i get a wet shoulder.
*Water collects on the inside of the roof, i think i know why as theres a some holes above doors on either side.

I have spent hours greasing the seals with shinetsu (last greased 7 week ago) which has helped maybe a little and checked for gaps and "I" cant see a problem, im hoping someone can shine a light on this.

Pictures to point the problem(s) with the roof
Sorry for the poor pictures

When i opened the door i was greeted with this surprise, on the seat

It leaks from here

and here

I guess this is the drain bit people talk about?

Heres a picture of the corner

And the seals from the outside

Inside shot

Thanks in advance.
Old 12-05-2007, 10:46 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hmmmmmmmmmm. I regularly grease the seals. Not with shinetsu but with Halfraud silicon grease and I've had no problems so far.

If you car wasn't bought from new perhaps the previous owner(s) didn't look after the seals and as such they might be not much you can do other that have a new roof.

Old 12-05-2007, 10:47 AM

Hi

This isnt a fix for your problem but it might help, if the water is building up while the car is parked up.

I just got the waterproof half cover from www.classicadditions.co.uk. It keeps the water off my hood while its parked. Excellent product for
Old 12-05-2007, 10:47 AM

Mine does this too, though usually it's the passengers that get the surprise. I carry a towel in the glovebox to soak up the spillage.

I find that the leak from the middle join above the window comes from the metal part and not the rubber.
Old 12-05-2007, 10:55 AM

[QUOTE=DGBCDB,Dec 5 2007, 07:47 PM] Hi

This isnt a fix for your problem but it might help, if the water is building up while the car is parked up.

I just got the waterproof half cover from www.classicadditions.co.uk. It keeps the water off my hood while its parked. Excellent product for
Old 12-05-2007, 11:08 AM

Do you park on an incline?
Old 12-05-2007, 11:19 AM

Common problem,my old MY00 used to leak in exactly the same places,either replace the seals or new hood.
Old 12-05-2007, 11:43 AM

Happened on my 03 and happens on my 06.

Usually when the car has been parked outside in the rain.

Drives me mad.

Shinetsu grease does not fix the problem.

Honda will do feck all about it.

No solutions really
Old 12-05-2007, 11:51 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I don't know if this will help, your photos are pretty cr*p so it's difficult to make a valid comparison but here are some shots I just took of my car.

My car doesn't leek so you might be able to see some difference in the window position or the (lack of) compression of the seals which is causing the problem.

It looks to me as if my window is pushing down harder on the seal and the window is higher against the top of the seal.

You can see in the photo of the mid door that the grease on the seal is creating a 'wet' area on the glass - not water, it's due to the pressure of the glass on the seal.

You can adjust the glass, I posted some w/shop manual sheets in the other thread.

Hope this helps.

Old 12-05-2007, 11:56 AM

Originally Posted by Shopman,Dec 5 2007, 08:51 PM
I don't know if this will help, your photos are pretty cr*p so it's difficult to make a valid comparison but here are some shots I just took of my car.

My car doesn't leek so you might be able to see some difference in the window position or the (lack of) compression of the seals which is causing the problem.

It looks to me as if my window is pushing down harder on the seal and the window is higher against the top of the seal.

You can see in the photo of the mid door that the grease on the seal is creating a 'wet' area on the glass - not water, it's due to the pressure of the glass on the seal.

You can adjust the glass, I posted some w/shop manual sheets in the other thread.

Hope this helps.

Thanks shopman , i do get the compression signs, however it seems particulary at the corner "your" window sits higher and there isnt as gap as big as mine in the corner towards the windscreen.

Im running out of ideas but i think ill get honda to do window adjustment, looking at the DIY printout i know ill end up fecking it up

Quick Reply: Roof leaking etc, p**ing me off! :(