UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

S200BCW, anyone know anything about this car?

Old 04-04-2017, 01:39 AM

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Also, I've just been told it has a vibration and juddering under acceleration, and that the cv cups need swapping over?

Is this legitimate or an indication of something more serious? Thanks
Old 04-04-2017, 02:02 AM

Received 29 Likes on 29 Posts

Given the history and apparently lack of any enthusiastic care, unless you've got a few quid to throw at this, I would walk away.

It just sounds like it hasn't been looked after and inevitably will need a work. If you've got time and money fair enough.
Old 04-04-2017, 02:08 AM

Received 24 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by lukeyboi89
also ive been told there are small arch bubbles on the rear arches (where else)

how much should i budget to fix that?

or as a temporary thing can you sand these down, use kurust then touch them up? i know it will come back but gives me time to save til i can afford to get it cut out properly etc
Both arch's could be costly as Silverstone is hard to colour match so you'd need a good bodyshop. Depending on how much work you put into it you might touch it up without noticing it from a distance if not highlighted with lighting.

Also, I've just been told it has a vibration and juddering under acceleration, and that the cv cups need swapping over?

Is this legitimate or an indication of something more serious? Thanks
Legit but shows that it has spent some of its life lowered quiet a bit, its fine as long as it hasn't been already been swapped lol.
Old 04-04-2017, 04:22 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Irish TuneR
Legit but shows that it has spent some of its life lowered quiet a bit, its fine as long as it hasn't been already been swapped lol.
Not necessarily - swapped the cups at 90k or so on one of my old S2000's which had never been lowered and it made a huge positive difference despite what was really minimal wear in the cups.

I'll be doing my latest S2000 soon given it's done over 110k and has a slight vibration on acceleration
Old 04-04-2017, 12:13 PM

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Hi folks,

Again thanks for the many replies, this is the sign of a helpful community which is priceless.

Went to see the car today, and yep the paintwork is horrendous, rear arch bubbling on one side is very bad, other side is clean.

Front bumper is aftermarket fiberglass but I'd be putting an oem on anyway.

Couple of rips in the seats too, how hard are these to repair?

But mechanically it is sound and has full service history although it's due an mot. Looks like it's had a hard couple of years but was maintenened well before that.

I don't have money to throw at it, but I think apart from the arch I can give everything a go myself with time, I have friends that detail etc so shouldn't be too hard to get it looking good..

But yeah it needs some tickets but nothing serious I could see. I tried to check underneath, the front looks in good condition, even has some research bushes inserted in the front wishbones which would suggest these have been changed and not seized, anyone know anything red aftermarket bushes? The rear underneath was oem untouched and looked a bit rusty but all surface and should clean up nice with some elbow grease.

Old 04-05-2017, 01:32 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hi folks,

Again thanks for the many replies, this is the sign of a helpful community which is priceless.

Went to see the car today, and yep the paintwork is horrendous, rear arch bubbling on one side is very bad, other side is clean.

Front bumper is aftermarket fiberglass but I'd be putting an oem on anyway.

Couple of rips in the seats too, how hard are these to repair?

But mechanically it is sound and has full service history although it's due an mot. Looks like it's had a hard couple of years but was maintenened well before that.

I don't have money to throw at it, but I think apart from the arch I can give everything a go myself with time, I have friends that detail etc so shouldn't be too hard to get it looking good..

But yeah it needs some tickets but nothing serious I could see. I tried to check underneath, the front looks in good condition, even has some research bushes inserted in the front wishbones which would suggest these have been changed and not seized, anyone know anything red aftermarket bushes? The rear underneath was oem untouched and looked a bit rusty but all surface and should clean up nice with some elbow grease.

Honestly, Unless this car was really cheap, Like Sub £4k i would walk away.
Old 04-06-2017, 04:08 AM
UK Moderator

Received 300 Likes on 258 Posts

Closed at OP request