UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.
View Poll Results: Restrict The For Sale Forum To Members Only?
Yes
50.91%
No
49.09%
Voters: 55. You may not vote on this poll

Should Non-Members be able to list items for sale?

Old 08-25-2004, 06:06 AM
Banned

Received 69 Likes on 61 Posts

Originally Posted by iDLe*,Aug 25 2004, 01:57 PM
Gad - please don't stoop to Chesh's level...your being very presumptious now which can happen when you back people into a corner with reason and a good opinion.
I operate quite happily at CC's level - although I'm not sure what that means.

He is my automotive soulmate and one of the funniest people I've never met.

Just give as good as you get - he won't mind. Responding with vitriol and aggression is not the best response though. You need some wit - but be wary of punching above your weight in that sphere. CC is the witmeister.

My comments about round dodging were not directed at you personally. They are just an amusing but related variation on a theme.

I don't feel the need to make oblique digs in a debate like this.

I'll always make my comments to your internet face.

Old 08-25-2004, 06:07 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This is bent

Which is was

This is my last post

On that thread for certain - on this site almost, as I said right at the top this one prevoked me to come out of retirement, no more no less - not posted anywhere else or felt the need to.

Laters

Are you that simple?

Again and again you prove your posts to be useless, little pokes or jibes, niggly little whiner! Why won't you take on the debate - bring something worthwhile or stay at home!
Old 08-25-2004, 06:09 AM
Banned

Received 69 Likes on 61 Posts

Originally Posted by gaddafi,Aug 25 2004, 02:06 PM

Just give as good as you get - he won't mind. Responding with vitriol and aggression is not the best response though. You need some wit - but be wary of punching above your weight in that sphere. CC is the witmeister.

see quote........
Old 08-25-2004, 06:10 AM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Idle,
on a similar theme, have you ever seen a grown woman naked?
Old 08-25-2004, 06:13 AM

Originally Posted by iDLe*,Aug 25 2004, 02:07 PM
This is bent

Which is was

This is my last post

On that thread for certain - on this site almost, as I said right at the top this one prevoked me to come out of retirement, no more no less - not posted anywhere else or felt the need to.

Laters

Are you that simple?

Again and again you prove your posts to be useless, little pokes or jibes, niggly little whiner! Why won't you take on the debate - bring something worthwhile or stay at home!

Mate, while i agree in principal with most of what you've said you have to accept that this is an open forum where most posts aren't taken that seriously. Take a chill pill and relax, take a few deep breaths. Carper is just winding you up and the round dodging was just an off point reference.
Old 08-25-2004, 06:14 AM

The membership fee is something I pay and gladly do, here's why:

1) Look at the meets and people that I have met through the boards - all (even those we all enjoy having a barney with, as afterall it's all just spirited fun). I wouldn't have met them and had those laffs without the boards

2) The knowledge I have gained is worth 10 fold or more what I have paid, so I'm quids in IMHO

3) I may post random sh!te and a lot of the time but it helps me get through the day and enjoy my time.

4) As has been stated by AE - this is being run in the background by a business as a business. If it becomes a bad business venture I would expect it to stop, therefore I, and all of us who get any benefit, lose out.

5) I hate to think of the amount of time I have / do spend on here but I cannot think of another activity whereby if you break it down to amount of time /
Old 08-25-2004, 06:14 AM
Banned

Gad - no problem wrt to round dodging, why don't we use this example to better explain my main point here...

Its a night out and six of you are in a round, 5 people are drinkers and share similar tastes but one of the group does not drink, will stick to cokes or OJ all night. So do you really think its fair for the non drinker to chip in a buy a much more expensive round in return for the OJ/Coke they consumed? If the person OFFERS to do so then I think its fairplay, if however they are pushed into buying a round then I feel it would be out of order.

Do you see my point?

Your currently in my virtual round and drinking Stella whilst I'm just sipping a Coke, you got no chance of me getting the Wife Beaters in now you've forced the issue, given my own space I may well of offered to get you one!
Old 08-25-2004, 06:16 AM
Banned

CC can't wind me up - I've seen a picture of him FFS, I feel sorry for the guy to be honest
Old 08-25-2004, 06:16 AM

Originally Posted by cheshire_carper,Aug 25 2004, 03:10 PM
Idle,
on a similar theme, have you ever seen a grown woman naked?

If not, in my professional capacity I can sort this out, however no freebies here, only CHC
Old 08-25-2004, 06:18 AM

Originally Posted by iDLe*,Aug 25 2004, 02:55 PM
You guys are the kind of people who can and will offer help and support to others, then you want to throw it back in their faces and push them for something in return as you feel ripped off in some way. Its a shame you have this the wrong way around. You are the selfish ones, you expect the site to do what YOU want it to do, forget the others.
Please be specific as to who "you" and the"others" are referring to?? Be a man and out with it

Quick Reply: Should Non-Members be able to list items for sale?