UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

Sprinting/hill-climb or competing in an S2000 2019

Old 06-12-2019, 12:56 PM

Received 56 Likes on 41 Posts
Default Sprinting/hill-climb or competing in an S2000 2019

Well i'm a bit late to the party but due to lots of things going on beyond my control i'm a bit late starting my season and i only managed to get out for the first time a couple of weeks ago,

First time out for a while, had a great day with Mike SudsAlex Dave G-j
Ricardo Silva Garcia and LJ Earley, not my quickest at scam but a sub 28 so happy with that till i sort out my seat which Ricardo had pointed out to me a few weeks back but with everything i've had going on not had time so will get it sorted for Barbon,,,Congrats to Mike and Alex for storming runs to claim victory and new records in their respective class's,,,

Old 06-12-2019, 01:08 PM

This Sat just gone was our first visit of the year to Barbon,
Now where do i start, This is my 2nd year competing at Barbon along with my fellow S2000 owner Mike, Last year when we turned up for the first time in June it was full on sunshine we parked up and wandered up the hill to check it out, the first sight we were greeted with was a pair of cows casually walking down the track followed by a couple of wranglers moving them on. we ended up having a great day i came home 3rd in class with Mike winning the day and we went home happy and with a sun tan to boot, back again in July in the middle of a heat wave this time i came home with a win but actually with a slower time against a much smaller class, move 12 months and what a difference this time we arrive to heavy-ish rain but we still decide to walk the track, this year no cows but we did encounter half a tree across the track with a couple of chaps working hard to clear it, oh and the remains of what looked like a river running down the track well not quite that bad but it was very very wet , so on to the first practice i was really not looking forward to this as i was running 1b tyres as we were at curborough the next day and it had given out sunshine i kid you not and being a two seat sports car have no room to carry a spare set, anyway up the hill for the first time oooooh bloody hell that was a bit slippy when we got back to the paddock there was a lot of chatter about aqua planing and whether we should call it a day but hey were here lets give it another go before we decide, needless to say i'm so glad i stayed as the next run felt pretty ok not much quicker but nice and stable, after lunch we started the timed runs and it had eased off slightly and there was defo more grip which just got better with every run, by run 3 i was surprised by how much grip there was for a wet track this resulted in me winning the class and a 8th overall so i came away very happy and really enjoyed the meeting

Old 06-12-2019, 01:13 PM

Sunday saw us back to our old stomping ground at Curborough,

Curborough Fig of 8 Honda S2000 9-6-19, Managed a PB today 66.49, 2nd in class but still along way off the fast lads, 2 great days 1 wet through and the other nearly bathed in sunshine, off to Prescott on the 22nd new venue for me so not expecting too much so may need some pointers,

Next up on the 22nd of this month is our first ever visit to Prescott hillclimb so not expecting too much except having a great day out
Old 06-13-2019, 12:10 AM

Received 246 Likes on 212 Posts

Ah, motorsport in Britain, slicks or wellies, cheer up, summer is just round the corner or so they tell us. Nice vids btw.
Can you stick a couple of commas or full stops in the longer posts please, I was out of breath reading them.
Old 06-13-2019, 12:24 AM

Originally Posted by martin j
Ah, motorsport in Britain, slicks or wellies, cheer up, summer is just round the corner or so they tell us. Nice vids btw.
Can you stick a couple of commas or full stops in the longer posts please, I was out of breath reading them.
oh well there ya go, lets point out the thick mechanics punctuation.
Old 06-13-2019, 12:39 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Well done old bean, so nice to see S2000's being used n abused and winning trophies!
That track is waaaaay too narrow, large cojones needed in the dry let alone the wet stuff
Old 06-13-2019, 03:42 AM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by martin j
a) If you realised that more punctuation should exist and consequently knew where it should be, then you don't really need it; you're informed.

b) If you don't know whether it should exist or indeed where it should be located, then again, you don't really need it; you're oblivious to it.

It's either a) or b) and the end result is you don't need the punctuation
The following 2 users liked this post by cheshire_carper:
earl's_f20c (06-13-2019), Toms1989 (06-14-2019)
Old 06-13-2019, 07:04 AM

Received 246 Likes on 212 Posts

Originally Posted by Daytona-Dave
oh well there ya go, lets point out the thick mechanics punctuation.
It was not the intention or suggestion to suggest that you are a thick mechanic, from the posts I've seen I would suggest you are indeed the opposite,so please accept my apology, it is entirely possible that I am the thick one here as I had bother reading the post in one go, and so needed help in the future.
The following users liked this post:
Daytona-Dave (06-13-2019)
Old 06-19-2019, 09:20 AM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Let us divert from the grammar checks and get back on track, or hill climb so to speak. Good going so far and all the best to you and the lads on your adventures to Prescott, Aintree and Barbon. i will try to make one of these if i can however two of them are quite a distance for me to travel and both my cars are getting MOT's currently. Keep us all posted for the future results.
Old 06-19-2019, 10:41 AM

Received 625 Likes on 546 Posts

a fast mechanic

tbh that looks quick to me and that barrier looming there, ready to sh1t on your day looks like satans work.. rather you than me barry big balls

Quick Reply: Sprinting/hill-climb or competing in an S2000 2019