UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

Supercharged S2000 - how to get it to pass emissions?

Old 05-25-2017, 08:43 AM

Received 625 Likes on 546 Posts

Originally Posted by johnckeen
Thats bad Nott... don't drive it if its on open loop as ECU will be either trying to lean the shit out of it causing damage or chuck ludicrous amount of fuel in causing damage..!
Cheers John

i switched o2 feedback off on my map and it seems to run ok but wont get used much till the new sensor is in
Old 05-25-2017, 11:50 PM

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

put the standard cat on my car last night, not sure if i should put the wide band back in or leave it out for emissions, with it being inside the cat after the exhaust gas goes through the cat i assume the readings will be no where near correct and the car will try and over fuel to get the readings where it should be, or if i should leave it out and leave the normal o2 sensor in - which is probably disabled anyway in the aem software? i know while the car was being tuned feedback was disabled, so it should be safe to drive 10 miles for the car to be tested? i assume the cat in place will effect the tune, but obviously i am not going to drive the car over 2krpm.

Last few days while my wideband sensor was faulty i was in effect running it without a wideband anyway?
Old 05-26-2017, 12:17 AM

Originally Posted by Define198
put the standard cat on my car last night, not sure if i should put the wide band back in or leave it out for emissions, with it being inside the cat after the exhaust gas goes through the cat i assume the readings will be no where near correct and the car will try and over fuel to get the readings where it should be, or if i should leave it out and leave the normal o2 sensor in - which is probably disabled anyway in the aem software? i know while the car was being tuned feedback was disabled, so it should be safe to drive 10 miles for the car to be tested? i assume the cat in place will effect the tune, but obviously i am not going to drive the car over 2krpm.

Last few days while my wideband sensor was faulty i was in effect running it without a wideband anyway?
my understanding is that if o2 feedback is switched off in your map its irrelevant, you just use it as a gauge to ensure you're not going lean at WOT really

mine runs fine without o2 on, you can run them without wideband fine, lots do as its easier to tune
Old 05-26-2017, 12:22 AM

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by Nottm_S2
my understanding is that if o2 feedback is switched off in your map its irrelevant, you just use it as a gauge to ensure you're not going lean at WOT really

mine runs fine without o2 on, you can run them without wideband fine, lots do as its easier to tune
mine is turned on though and i cant turn it off, i did ask my tuner when my sensor went faulty and he said that the aem v2 is clever enough to just ignore it and run as if it was turned off, so i think if i just leave it out car will be fine, as you said a lot of people dont even run the wide band at all
Old 05-26-2017, 12:54 AM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I don't have the wideband on mine, it was mapped to ensure good mixture at WOT, although this means at normal running or idling the smell of fuel is fairly strong. I accept there may be fluctuations in temp that may affect this, but I'm happy without it.
Old 05-26-2017, 01:26 AM

ah didn't realise your map was still locked def
Old 05-26-2017, 07:44 AM

Received 39 Likes on 36 Posts

Just my opinion but wideband feedback is one of the best capabilities on the AEM EMS. Its mad to not use it at least for light throttle and cruising. Will soon pay for itself in fuel usage
Old 05-26-2017, 08:26 AM

Received 29 Likes on 29 Posts

Is this good value then?

https://h-tune.co.uk/aem-x-series-wi...troller-gauge/
Old 05-26-2017, 10:55 AM

It's not bad, always worth checking ebay. All import parts are more £ now
Old 05-26-2017, 10:58 AM

Received 39 Likes on 36 Posts

PLX Wideband O2 Air Fuel Ratio Sensor Modules, Gauges, and Kits

i've had mine two years with no issues. Shows Sensor health and response times which haven't got any worse during the past two years.

Quick Reply: Supercharged S2000 - how to get it to pass emissions?