UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

Is This Taking the Piss or am I over reacting

Old 03-31-2005, 04:31 AM
Administrator

Received 59 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by MarkB,Mar 31 2005, 01:23 PM
Glad to hear it - when I see a reason to join I probably will.

But I'm just voicing the feelings of quite a few people I've talked to - so far there hasn't been much doing APART from the discounts, which are no good to a lot of people. Don't supppose you'd reveal how many renewals you got from the original joiners....?

With the Dennis the Menace Fan Club membership I got a membership card, a tin badge of Dennis and a hairy Gnasher badge with googly eyes.

If you could do a hairy Mark T badge with googly eyes I might consider it.
So why don't these "quite a few people" talk to the club committee and give us some constructive feedback? I've had none, only positive ones, along with some suggestions, all of which taken on board.

Renewals are underway at the moment, the club year doesn't end until April 30th, as far as releasing how many renew from the original joiners, I don't see any reason why not, to members. I'm not sure what you'd need that information for anyway?
Old 03-31-2005, 04:36 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by MarkB,Mar 31 2005, 01:23 PM
Glad to hear it - when I see a reason to join I probably will.

If you could do a hairy Mark T badge with googly eyes I might consider it.
You might be onto something there

Same feelings myself - I'm happy to pay on here as I've got a lot of knowledge and entertainment from this board over the last 3 years.

S2K Club - I would have joined if I saw the benefit, but at the time I didn't, but again I have changed my car.

Would I pay the
Old 03-31-2005, 04:42 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by AquilaEagle,Mar 31 2005, 01:31 PM
1. So why don't these "quite a few people" talk to the club committee and give us some constructive feedback? I've had none, only positive ones, along with some suggestions, all of which taken on board.

2. Renewals are underway at the moment, the club year doesn't end until April 30th, as far as releasing how many renew from the original joiners, I don't see any reason why not, to members. I'm not sure what you'd need that information for anyway?
1. I have no idea - maybe the number of renewals will give you an idea of who has found benefit and who hasn't. Not being a member I can't say whether the system you have in place for feedback encourages this or not.

2. It might give those of us who are sceptical about the benefits of joining an idea of what the rest think. You know, 2004 member number vs 2005 member numbers - if it remains more or less steady, most people saw a benefit. If it falls, some did not (allowing for people selling their car etc.).

No need to be so defensive Ian - just questioning like usual. it's not as if I'm asking to see the accounts or anything.
Old 03-31-2005, 11:21 AM
Administrator

Received 59 Likes on 50 Posts

I'm not meaning to be defensive, If I am coming accross as such then that is not how I am meaning to be. Just trying to be objective, and stating fact.

I expect being compared to the Dennis the Menace club got my back up a bit, given the amount of personal time I've put in - and I don't mind that at all, I enjoy it and am very passionate about what I do (and who knows, the DTM club might have been brilliant). I care, that's all.

The club belongs to the members, it will do what they want it to, that simple We'll listen to any feedback and suggestions, and act upon it as much as we can.