UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

Top Gear Ended for ever

Old 11-21-2023, 03:25 AM

Received 355 Likes on 330 Posts
Default Top Gear Ended for ever

Top Gear axed as BBC confirms news after Freddie Flintoff crash | Metro News

Last edited by noodels; 11-21-2023 at 03:30 AM.
The following users liked this post:
nomadicS2k (11-21-2023)
Old 11-21-2023, 10:52 AM

Received 241 Likes on 214 Posts

Sign of the times.
Clarkson/May/Ham/Stig never bettered.
Flintoff has cost the BBC ~£5m in compo/sick pay I read.
Old 11-21-2023, 12:03 PM

Received 122 Likes on 106 Posts

Originally Posted by arsie
Sign of the times.
Clarkson/May/Ham/Stig never bettered.
Flintoff has cost the BBC ~£5m in compo/sick pay I read.
He agreed £9 million compo... But has that slightly disfigured face now , lip cheek and nose all buggered up with grafts to repair. Poor lad. No helmet though, tut tut...
Anyway - it had ran it's cause and I think most had just about had enough of the daft episodes. Reviews on elecy cars and ridiculous 1 million supercars is frankly boring, and done to death
Maye time for a new type car show to evolve and appear..? Plenty of those on YouTube now...
Although the latest Wheeler Dealers is sort of fun, I enjoy Bangers and Cash much more.. some superb cars from yesteryear
Old 11-21-2023, 12:32 PM

Received 625 Likes on 546 Posts

It got more and more extreme to chase an audience

Flintoff was never very good on it imo.

I see clarksons farm is doing somewhat better lol

the Amazon car show I watched the other day may crashed and broke a rib, in an evo in a tunnel. Could have been much worse too.

The Beeb really is a sick joke these days. Hamas aren't terrorists, linker can tweet wtf he wants but Clarkson is out over an off air row. Self destructing Chinese state media twats.

Needs the fee scrapped or to actually be impartial

Old 11-22-2023, 04:27 AM

Agreed.
Do you remember when Chris Evans hosted it ... Wtf was all that about... Rory, Le Blanc, you wondered who was next : Paddy and Flintoff FFS..
I guess I'm one of the few that can stomach Harris.. he's sort of become a bit more opinionated these days, a bit like Clarkson. Loves his old BMW's .E28 M5 his fave. and he can drive a bit. He's done well .. I don't mind watching some of his YouTube stuff. One of the last good Top Gear snippets he did, in particular where he visits a collector's cave of old, unusual and damn right amazing exotica.

noodels (11-22-2023)
Old 11-22-2023, 04:50 AM

Received 127 Likes on 108 Posts

Same here. Always liked Harris' approach, even though he's a little bit BMW/Porsche 'blind'. I'm heading more and more towards the likes of Johnny Smith on his Late Brake Show YouTube channel though. Far more interesting stories behind cars (and real people), and more picky about cars that genuinely change the game, or are a bit quirky, rather than the 'latest and greatest models'.
The following 2 users liked this post by chrispayze:
Nottm_S2 (11-22-2023), trails (11-22-2023)
Old 11-22-2023, 05:51 AM

Received 37 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by s2k4tony
He agreed £9 million compo... But has that slightly disfigured face now , lip cheek and nose all buggered up with grafts to repair. Poor lad. No helmet though, tut tut...
Anyway - it had ran it's cause and I think most had just about had enough of the daft episodes. Reviews on elecy cars and ridiculous 1 million supercars is frankly boring, and done to death
Maye time for a new type car show to evolve and appear..? Plenty of those on YouTube now...
Although the latest Wheeler Dealers is sort of fun, I enjoy Bangers and Cash much more.. some superb cars from yesteryear
I was told that his injuries made at least one of the production crew physically sick at the time of the crash...he was very, very lucky.
Old 11-22-2023, 06:05 AM

Received 625 Likes on 546 Posts

Originally Posted by chrispayze
Same here. Always liked Harris' approach, even though he's a little bit BMW/Porsche 'blind'. I'm heading more and more towards the likes of Johnny Smith on his Late Brake Show YouTube channel though. Far more interesting stories behind cars (and real people), and more picky about cars that genuinely change the game, or are a bit quirky, rather than the 'latest and greatest models'.
Haha we would get on.

I like JS passion for the quirk and unusual stuff. I often feel Harris has sold his soul to the Germans.

That old Aston barn find was classic stuff, the bloke was as insane as I hope to be in my 60s

(For anyone who hasn't seen it the bloke had a glittering Motorsport career and his pension was a very rusty Aston worth a bomb, sat in a shed in his garden
chrispayze (11-23-2023)
Old 11-22-2023, 10:23 AM

Originally Posted by chrispayze
Agree, love the Late Brake Show. So many barn finds, gritty interviews and generally interesting stuff. Good interview with Harris actually I watched recently, which again with Jonny, he shows off his E28 M5, all re-bushed and 286horses virtually all there ...
yeah also saw that one Jason, the rusty Aston. My word, beyond repair that

Last edited by s2k4tony; 11-22-2023 at 10:27 AM.
Old 11-23-2023, 12:58 AM

Received 247 Likes on 212 Posts

So Flintoff has an accident, partly? caused by his own gung ho stupidity, TG cancelled and he gets a 9million payoff. The programme was just becoming an expensive jolly for the 3 of them, couldn’t stand McGuinness, when he had a solo I'd wander off to make coffee, haven’t really missed it since it last aired, a shadow of what it was.

Quick Reply: Top Gear Ended for ever