UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

Track Day at Croft 25/5/09

Old 05-26-2009, 01:19 PM
J_D

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post Track Day at Croft 25/5/09

Hi eveyone,

As some of you know, my wife bought me a trackday for my birthday at Croft, which we attended yesterday, and really enjoyed.

We arrived at 7.40am where we signed on, had a brief and then went on some pace laps. We then had some tuition (me and the wife) then built our speed up through the day.

We were a bit nervous to start off with as there were alot of experienced people there with very fast cars, but as we got in to the afternoon I really picked up pace and found other cars struggling to keep up.

The S2000 is a real track weapon, showing up alot of faster cars. The new buddy club coilovers were brilliant and turned the damping up through the day and worked well with the new polybushes and bracing.

I met some really nice people who popped over from the owners club to say hello, and a big thanks to everyone for your advice especially mike, and thanks for kiteland for the photo's you took.

The trackday ended and it left me begging for more, and would advise anyone to do it, as the S is so strong on the track, and is so reliable even an older car like mine, it only took its toll on the brakes and tyres which arnt too expensive to replace.

Anyway heres the pics from the day. Enjoy.......

Old 05-26-2009, 01:33 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

very nice indeed, I was at Bedford yesterday with another 2 s2k. Very fun day too.

Saw a R35 in ur pic
Old 05-26-2009, 01:35 PM

Great pics
Old 05-26-2009, 01:38 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wow the GTR looks huge in comparison to the S in front...

The passenger in the yellow S looks huge too. Never seen anyones head above the top of windscreen.

Btw, you car looks great at that ride height... nice wheels too...
Old 05-27-2009, 12:30 AM

Originally Posted by plastic91,May 26 2009, 09:38 PM
Wow the GTR looks huge in comparison to the S in front...

The passenger in the yellow S looks huge too. Never seen anyones head above the top of windscreen.
It was and he was

The R35 was a quick car, but there was no noise or excitement with it, which was a bit disappointing. It just went very quickly - I tried to keep up in the Exige but on the straights the car just shot away. Very, very quick car.

I enjoyed getting back on to Croft after 15 or so years away, there was a chicane at the end of the pit straight last time I was on track.

Jon improved throughout the day, he was very anxious at the start, worrying that he wouldn't be quick enough and that there was a lot of quick stuff there, but by the end he was lapping quickly and confidently (like I told him he would ).

Next time I'll have a passenger ride to see what the difference from stock is with decent damping and polybushes.
Old 05-27-2009, 01:05 AM

Great Pics, and your car looks stunning on a track!

I see that there was a GTR35 in the background, while the owner my have a lot of money to buy one could they drive it?
Old 05-27-2009, 11:08 AM
MBK

Excellent pics, good to see another trackdayer getting the bug!
Old 05-27-2009, 11:10 AM

Hmm... I don't see any little black cards sticking up from the windscreen....
Old 05-27-2009, 11:21 AM
J_D

Originally Posted by MarkB,May 27 2009, 08:30 AM
It was and he was

The R35 was a quick car, but there was no noise or excitement with it, which was a bit disappointing. It just went very quickly - I tried to keep up in the Exige but on the straights the car just shot away. Very, very quick car.

I enjoyed getting back on to Croft after 15 or so years away, there was a chicane at the end of the pit straight last time I was on track.

Jon improved throughout the day, he was very anxious at the start, worrying that he wouldn't be quick enough and that there was a lot of quick stuff there, but by the end he was lapping quickly and confidently (like I told him he would ).

Next time I'll have a passenger ride to see what the difference from stock is with decent damping and polybushes.
I am now certainley hooked , driving on normal roads feels like a chore now with all the traffic, oh well least I know what limits the S has now

Thanks again Mark, for all your advice, like you said, I didn't think I was good enough to start with , but was loving it by the end, cant wait to do another track day, let me know when your next thinking of going. Really sorry I didn't ask you to come for a ride, I was so excited I didn't think, your more than welcome to come along next time

Thanks to everyone for your kind words

Kiteland should be posting some more pics up soon.
Old 05-27-2009, 11:22 AM

Received 40 Likes on 39 Posts

Excellent pics there J_D!

Quick Reply: Track Day at Croft 25/5/09