UK & Ireland For Sale and Wanted Items for sale and wanted in the UK & Ireland
Mark this thread as Unsold

FS: Black 1999 For Sale £4400ono

Old 05-29-2017, 07:53 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Black 1999 For Sale £4400ono

Hi Guys,

Looking to move on from my S2000. I bought this car when I was renting and only had space for one car - so it had to do everything (daily commuter, fun car etc). I bought a house with a drive and a garage last year and my plan is to get a diesel daily that can tow (probably an X3 or similar) and build a track day car out of an e36 BMW I've acquired. I was thinking about making the S a track toy, but a few of my mates have e36 beemer track toys and I want something I can get spares for easier and something I wouldn't cry about if I stuffed it into a barrier.

Spec:
Black with red seats, red carpet, black dash and door cards
165k Miles (rising as in use)
Lowered on Eibachs on stock shocks on the front and stock springs and Koni adjustable shocks on the rear (I have the eibachs for the rear, just haven't fitted as the back already dropped on the konis)
Rota Slips (no centre caps), Extended muteki nuts + Spare set of stock alloys & nuts (all with good tyres)
Stock Engine and Box
Recently replaced gearbox with a circa 50k mile unit (2months ago)
New Clutch (2months ago)
Hood doesn't leak, no rips or tears, was replaced about 3/4 years ago.
Sony headunit, Uprated door speakers and 12" Subwoofer in the boot where the tool kit was (still usable boot and fits a set of clubs no probs)
Recent Service (2months ago)
New plugs and coil packs (1month ago)
MOT until Jan 2017 (passed the last one needing only bulbs)
Everything works except the stereo controls by the steering wheel as it has an aftermarket head unit

Bit of history:
I've owned it since 117k miles and before that it was owned by my uncle who I think was the 2nd owner and he bought it at 70k IIRC. It had never been driven hard, in fact he was surprised by it when i took it out for a test drive, having himself rarely gone above 5k rpm
Car has got plenty of history, I've done many of the oil changes myself though, but they've been done regularly.
I've spent about £2.2k on it in the last 2 months on a few bits. Mainly a gearbox and servicing. The gearbox synchros had started to go and I was having trouble getting into gear at high rpm so just replaced rather than rebuild. Since I've had no issues with the gearbox whatsoever.
Had an issue last month when the oil cap came off and dumped oil over the plugs creating a misfire. This was cleaned up and cured by replacing plugs and coil packs. Car runs perfectly and have done 500 miles since with no issue.
It had some rear archwork done two years ago.
I put so many miles on it purely because I do 100 miles a day in it driving to work, 80 of those are motorway.
There is no excessive use of oil or smoking.
The rotas catch the front arches if you hit bumps hard enough, but not when turning - might be worth rolling them at some point.
She's not the mintest, there's a few age related minor dings where people have opened doors into mine, and the tint is starting to peel on the drivers window a bit. Overall she scrubs up very well.
I'll clean it properly this week and add some more photos.
The only track action this has seen is a single airfield day at Abingdon 12months ago, a solitary lap of the Nurburgring last year, and three runs at RWYB at Santapod in 2014. As this has been my daily I have always been mechanically sympathetic to it.
Vtec still comes in as it should and the car pulls and handles very well.

Bits that need attention:
If it's parked with the handbrake on for a few days the drivers side caliper sometimes sticks, but loosens after a mile or so, or a jiggle of the handbrake.
The drivers side window seal/rubber thing at the bottom of the window/top of the door is starting to split - I've 'repaired' with electrical tape.

Values seem to be going up too, so I'm probably selling at the wrong time....again.

Happy to answer any questions and any inspection is welcome,
£4400ono
Oxfordshire

[img]

[/img]
Name:  IMG-20150904-WA0007_zpswf87d3nz.jpg
Views: 278
Size:  125.8 KB[/quote]
Old 05-29-2017, 07:57 AM

aaaarrrrgggghhhh

Sorry - Forgot to say - the private plate is not included in the price, but can be discussed if wanted.

Dave
Old 06-04-2017, 03:51 AM

https://youtu.be/4SRslfbWIzg

I gave the old girl a quick wash yesterday and did a bit of a walkaround video.
​​​​​​​
Old 07-25-2017, 01:18 AM

Sold