UK & Ireland For Sale and Wanted Items for sale and wanted in the UK & Ireland
Mark this thread as Sold

FS: Modified Monte Carlo Blue 2001/51 + Hard Top

Old 08-26-2004, 05:59 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default FS: Modified Monte Carlo Blue 2001/51 + Hard Top

Circumstance forces me to sell my S2000.

2001/51. First registered 4th September, 2001. Honda warranty until then (so there's a short amount of the original warranty left).

Full Honda service history.

On private plate - MU51GEN. Plate included with the car.

~55500 miles. About half of them motorway miles. Just had first MOT - expires 24th August, 2005.

Before more dry text, here are various photos. Taken today.

Engine Bay

The car won 'Best Roadster' at JAPS Indoors back in April. Trophy not included in sale!

The suspension bushes were replaced about 1000 miles ago, and at the same time the wishbones were shot blasted, and painted. Here's a picture of the painted front drivers side wishbones nearly ready to go back on.

Rear window. You get an idea how clear it is. The roof well mat has been there from new.

Specification.

Hard top.

Interior
Muz premium mats.
Alloy dead pedal. (Coastal Metals)
Honda Modulo JDM Titanium trim - as pictured.
JMD Modulo titanium gear knob.
C's Racing Short shifter.
Driver seat professionally re-padded after some bolster wear.
3-way Pioneer Honda upgrade speakers.
Alpine 9812RB Head Unit with Alpine 6 disc changer in Honda boot mount/cover.
AUS Leather console cover.
Rick's Leather shift boot.
SPA Oil Pressure/Temperature Gauge mounted in the 'ashtray' area.

Chassis / Footwork
Ohlins Racing dampers.
Spoon Sports Front Shock Tower Brace.
Spoon Sports X-Brace.
Whiteline anti roll bars front and rear, repainted black. (Original anti roll bars included in sale).
Custom made rear chassic brace (machined from billet aluminium.)
Mugen suspension bushes. (Every bush except the rear compliance bushes - Mugen don't make them).
JDM BBS Forged 6 spoke wheels. Same size as standard wheels, but significantly lighter.
S02JZ tyres - less than 100 miles on the fronts, the rears worn but still good. (Original 5 spoke wheels included in sale)
Brake calipers painted black (not for bling, but just to look a bit better than the rust!)
Porterfield R4S brake pads all round. (No, they don't squeak).
Discs changed all round less than 10k miles ago. Discs were blasted and gold passivated prior to fitment to reduce the unsightly rusting they're normally prone to.

Engine and drivetrain
Mugen Cold Air Intake. (Original airbox included in sale).
Toda Racing Exhaust Manifold. (Original included in sale).
Mugen exhaust. (Original included, but currently stored at a different location. Buyer to transport),
Samco hoses - minor as well as the main coolant hoses.
Hondata heatshield intake manifold gasket.
Spoon Sports thermostat.
Spoon Sports thermoswitch.
Mugen radiator cap.
Mugen Oil filler cap.
Denso Iridium IK24 Spark Plugs (1500 miles, service life around 30k)
Custom stainless steel de-cat pip. (Original cat included in sale).
Mugen ECU (Original ECU included in sale).
Gearbox was replaced under warranty @ 54k miles.
New OEM Honda clutch disc, release bearing, and pressure plate fitted @ 54k.
Comptech lightweight flywheel fitted @ 54k.
Richmond 4.57:1 final drive ratio - lowers gearing compared to standard 4.1:1. Diff rebuild with all new bearings, new breather, new bolts throughout. Around 600 miles so far - just run in.
YellowBox - corrects the speedo to account for the new gearing.
Timing chain, oil pump chain, all tensionsers, chain guides and the oil pump all replaced @ 55k after the timing chain became noisy.
Cosmo Racing fuel pressure regulator.
Intake manifold coolant bypass, and other custom detail work. (Details to genuine potential purchasers only).
Uprated security (details to genuine potential purchasers only).

FAQ

Why an I selling?
I've a damaged left knee joint, that's gradually deteriorating. I've improved the low down torque on the car significantly which helped, but it's got to the time where I can't really enjoy driving her anymore. The last thing I tried, was improved seats - Border Carbon Fibre bucket seats on J's Racing seat rails. Much better seats for driving, nice being supported properly, and you're over 2" lower. But, they proved too hard to get in and out of with the knee. After I twisted the knee getting out, and spent a week unable to walk, I figured that was it - nothing more I could do. For the curious, some pictures. Note that the seats/rails are not for sale with the car. (They are available seperately if anyone is interested)

What about insurance?
I pay around 10% more than when the car was standard. Big premium hikes tend to be banded on power increases. The engine produces circa 260bhp peak, which keeps it out of the silly insurance hikes. The largest gains over stock are not at peak - but the insurance companies only care about the peak gains. Also a lot of the performance gains come for the final drive change - which didn't load the premium at all.

What about maintainence?
Nothing more than normal maintainence is needed. Seriously. Like all S2000's it would benefit from more frequent gearbox and diff oil changes, and some TLC, but it just needs the normal service schedule following.

Performance?
Significantly faster than standard. The only way to really get an idea what difference the chassis, and other changes make is to take a passenger ride. I don't mind test drives, but only with proof of comprehensive insurance cover for driving my car, or similar arrangements.

Downsides?
Well, not everyone will like the stiffer suspension. It is adjustable, but it's always going to be harsher than standard. The Richmond final drive whines on part throttle - you can find posts from the US about this with a search. You'll only know if the car is right for you be experiencing it.

I want part XXXX off the car, how much?
I'm selling the car as is, not taking bits off it. The only exception are the Border seats/rails which are for sale seperately.

Okay, so how much?
Offers over
Old 08-26-2004, 07:26 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

A very very sad day indeed. Good luck with the sale - not that you'll need it.

TTT
Old 08-26-2004, 10:02 AM

A further TTT for a top member.

This has got to be a must for anyone serious about modding their car.

Hope you get a decent price, Brian. Don't be a stranger - who else is going to correct the half-baked technical answers that get given on here?
Old 08-26-2004, 10:25 AM
Administrator

Received 60 Likes on 51 Posts

This is probably one of, if not the, finest example of a modified S2000. Brian is a very highly respected member of the forum, and is absolutely meticulous about his cars. I would seriously recommend this vehicle to someone equally as seriously into their cars.

If it was silver, I'd snap it up myself

Good luck selling Brian, you certainly won't need it!
Old 08-26-2004, 11:35 AM

A sad day indeed
I just want to say that IMHO Brian is the most knowledgeable bloke on this forum. If I were in the market for an S2000 the choice would be easy. Good luck with the sale Brian and I sincerely hope you stick around

TTT

Pete R
Old 08-26-2004, 02:09 PM

Originally Posted by Amuse Boy,Aug 26 2004, 04:26 PM
A very very sad day indeed. Good luck with the sale - not that you'll need it.

TTT
Old 08-26-2004, 02:54 PM

Quick note on the seats. I've been swamped with interest - shocked at how much!

As I wasn't expecting this kind of speedy reponse, I'd not made a final decsision on price etc. I've contacted everyone who's been in touch already. I'll sort out a price and more pictures etc, for a seperate thread, maybe tomorrow, if not some time over the weekend.

Thanks for all the kind words as well I'lm still going to be helping out with some other owners S2000. I may well be around here less, but I'm not going to leave altogether.

-Brian.
Old 08-26-2004, 07:14 PM
Ryn

Wow, what a beautiful example of an S2000. Sorry to hear about your circumstances Brian

Hope the S goes to a good home for the right money
Old 08-30-2004, 08:56 AM

The seats have found a few good home.

Thanks for all the interest.

Now just need a good home for the car.

-Brian.
Old 08-30-2004, 11:57 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Brain.

sorry abount your knee, I got mine operated and the other isn't in good condition, i know how you feel I also have to stop doing lot of thing that I love.

I know that you do not want to separate the car in pieces but just let you know that I ma really interested on those JDM Wheels I love them, and the mugen CAI

Would be helpful If you can tell me where did you get the JDM Wheels.

Regards

Juan

Quick Reply: FS: Modified Monte Carlo Blue 2001/51 + Hard Top