UK & Ireland For Sale and Wanted Items for sale and wanted in the UK & Ireland
Mark this thread as Unsold

GB: Possible GB on an aftermarket exhaust?

Old 10-24-2006, 01:09 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi, the S2K in the piccy is mine. There are some pictures floating around of my first system which I was not happy with. (Someone quoted it looked like a wheelbarrow [cheeky person])I contacted ExhaustsUK and they made me a new one up. You also get a huge choice of end bits!! Anyway, I have had the exhaust on for 4 months now - its gone quieter (as they do) and the noise is nice and subtle. Can hear the VTEC come in on high revs with a raspy farty noise and a nice low rev burble. This new one can be seen in the top piccy at this thread. I can recommend these guys as they did everything possible to help me get the sound and power I wanted. Power: I am convinced the mid-range is better and am hoping for a rolling road dyno run some time.
Old 10-24-2006, 03:08 AM

Hiya,

Just out of curiosity I just rang H&S and they were talking of costs around
Old 10-24-2006, 10:36 AM

What are these exhaust uk guys like???

DO they sort out the sound with you?
Old 10-24-2006, 11:57 AM
Administrator

Received 60 Likes on 51 Posts

Give them a call, they sound extremely helpful and
Old 10-24-2006, 12:37 PM

It is cheap, but it would be quite a trek for me. I am dan saaf...looks like its probably going to be H&S for me, so if anyone wants to join me I may try and get a GB sorted.
Old 10-24-2006, 01:10 PM

Quick update.....

I've had an email from Justin at http://www.importcarpartsplus.com

He's confirmed that the tailpipe inserts are included.

On the payment front Justin has offered the following:

[I]I can not take PayPal from other countries unless you have a confirmed address or a verified address. You would have to be in USA , UK , or Canada to use PayPal. If so you can send PayPal to importcarpartsplus@hotmail.com We can
Old 10-24-2006, 02:05 PM

I've only just seen this thread which is why I am only just replying to it.

Whilst I love the noise of the Invidia (post decat) I would not be prepared to recommend it to anyone.

It will be considered OTT by some without doubt, so it is something that you simply must hear to decide for yourself if you could live with it.

I've just watched the video that has been linked to this thread and the sound is fairly accurate. I don't think the drone is quite that bad on mine and when the roof is down it is barely noticeable. That video is most definitely shot roof up.

Another thing of note; it is more noticeable coming down through the gears than it is going up, and on a constant throttle the drone disappears.

If anyone has a more specific question they want answering then feel free to ask on here or via pm, as some of you have already done.

In response to a couple of things already mentioned on here. I'm told (indirectly) that Beardie ran his Invdia with the cat in place. It is unbearable with the cat and had the decat not improved it so considerably I would have taken mine off. I couldn't bear it.

Justin / ImportCarParts. I paid him via PayPal. If your address is verified then that's pretty much all you need. Delivery was not that quick for me but you won't beat his price.

The bungs are supplied with the exhaust and they do make quite a difference. I ran with them in for most of the time before I had the decat fitted. Post decat, I have not felt the need to use them.

Wayne
Old 10-24-2006, 02:39 PM

Originally Posted by RAB2000,Oct 24 2006, 09:10 PM
I replied to say if I went for this I could do Paypal for $898, I said that I'm in the UK and my Paypal account is verified. In his reply he said that my Paypal account would also need to be confirmed. Anyone know what that means? I'm pretty sure that I could Paypal him as my account stands.
It's the same thing, septic speak Verified allows unlimited amounts to be sent.

Tell him yes, send the money if he doen't like it he'll send it back?
Old 10-24-2006, 03:06 PM

Gave it a go but he had to refund as I asked for my delivery address to be different from my verified address which they can't do.

Can't really have the exhaust delivered to my London address as I haven't got any transport other than the S to get it anywhere. Need it delivered to Torquay where my parents live, I can then leave my standard exhaust in their garage.

With a bit of luck my brother might be verified on paypal at my parents address.

Fingers crossed.............
Old 10-24-2006, 04:06 PM

RAB,

it was a mate who sorted it out for me, he runs technosport and said he knew these guys who did his own race exhaust.
so i just trusted him and let him get on with it.

i didnt realise it was an H&S until i got the details for my ins co.

i paid the same price as if i had gone direct so i'm happy.

i'm not tempted to quieten it down at all, the only concern i have it track days...

H&S are going to use their noise meter to confirm its ok before i head to donnington on the 11th.

if you're having any trouble at all with your international guys, H&S are only in essex and there are seriously helpful chaps

Quick Reply: GB: Possible GB on an aftermarket exhaust?