Upper Mid-West S2000 Owners Members from the upper mid-west including Michigan, Illinios, Indiana, and Wisconsin

9/17 Starved Rock Run Meet!

Old 09-11-2011, 04:14 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default 9/17 Starved Rock Run Meet!

We had a very fun time doing this drive last year, so I was hoping we can have another success again this year. I greatly apologize for the short notice, but things have been incredibly hectic for me for the past few weeks, and narrowing down a time for this has been tricky. Regardless, I have driven this route a number of times now (many times on my own, plus the group drive last Fall) and still feel it covers some of the best roads in the area.

Now, since a large portion of this meet will consist of the drive (primarily on very fun and scenic blacktop back-roads), I ask that everyone wanting to participate in the drive keep a level head and makes sure not to endanger themselves or others (both within our group and the other drivers / riders on the street). I have confidence this won't be an issue with our members, but I just want to mention it to be on the safe side. We likely will be driving at a spirited pace, but nothing reckless. The pace taken last year allowed for a lot of fun while never causing any reason for traction control to kick in (had it been on. ). I intend to lead the drive, and I plan on taking a very a similar pace in order for everyone to have a good time while remaining in everyone's comfort zone. If, for any reason, you would rather just meet us AT Starved Rock, you are certainly more than welcome to do so based on the itinerary posted below.

I hope parking will be easier this year, since we're going on a Saturday instead of a Sunday, avoiding the very large "Sunday Brunch" crowd. Last year we ended up opting to eat in the outdoor "Veranda" instead of the Sunday Brunch, and I imagine we would eat there again this year. A menu can be found here:
http://www.starvedrockstatepark.org/...ENU%202011.pdf

During the drive, we will be using these guidelines, so please read them and be familiar with them: https://www.s2ki.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=286130

Also, all past, current, and future owners are welcome on this drive!!

Itinerary: (Saturday, September 17th, 2011)
9:00-9:30 AM - Meet at Century Tile parking lot in Bolingbrook, IL
9:30-10:00 AM - Prep to leave (get gas, food, go to the bathroom, etc.)
10:00 AM - Leave Century Tile on the planned route
12:00 PM - Arrive at the lodge at Starved Rock State Park (this time might vary some based on what kind of time we make on the drive)
12:00 PM - 2:00 PM - Look for parking, walk some trails around the park or get some extra runs in on the nearby roads. Work up that appetite!
2:00 PM - 3:00 PM - Eat Lunch out on the Veranda
3:00 PM - 3:30 PM - Mingle a bit, determine how people are leaving (via my route or highway)
3:30 PM - Return drive on the same route we took there. I imagine some people may want to return via the highways in an effort to save time, which is perfectly fine. Also, everyone is more than welcome to arrive and leave at their own convenience.

Here is the meeting location:

http://maps.google.com/maps?ie=UTF8&q=Cent...7GM53_8YsK&z=16

I will PM everyone on the list a few days before the event with the route and my phone number in case you need to reach me; therefore, if you think you MAY come but aren't sure, go ahead and add your name to the list tentatively. If you chose to join last-minute and wish to see the route, send me a PM so I can forward you the message. I'll try to respond to any PMs the night before the event.

The List:
K1ngfunK
Old 09-11-2011, 04:28 PM

FYI, here are some pictures from last year:

Old 09-11-2011, 04:44 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Since I live west of the meeting location, I may join you guys at a later point.

The List:
K1ngfunK
Me
Old 09-11-2011, 04:53 PM

Brian, keep in mind that there aren't any organized stops along the way, so I would still suggest meeting us at the original start location.
Old 09-11-2011, 07:17 PM
Site Moderator

Received 2,630 Likes on 1,927 Posts

As long as the weather cooperates I'm in.

The List:
K1ngfunK
2PointSlow
sam_spider
Old 09-11-2011, 08:22 PM

Originally Posted by sam_spider
I see nothing but clear skies in the forecast not only for Saturday, but all the days around it, too. You can ask Rebecca Black if you need to know what those are.
Old 09-12-2011, 05:03 AM

I'll have to see what's on my plate for the weekend, but I would Love to make it out.

The List:
K1ngfunK
2PointSlow
sam_spider
stauren1203 (tentative)
Old 09-12-2011, 06:06 AM

The List:
K1ngfunK
2PointSlow
sam_spider
stauren1203 (tentative)
Vtechick (tentative)
Old 09-12-2011, 06:27 AM
Site Moderator

Received 2,630 Likes on 1,927 Posts

Originally Posted by K1ngfunK
Originally Posted by sam_spider' timestamp='1315797420' post='20963643
I see nothing but clear skies in the forecast not only for Saturday, but all the days around it, too. You can ask Rebecca Black if you need to know what those are.
Don't jinx it.
Old 09-12-2011, 06:30 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The List:
K1ngfunK
2PointSlow
sam_spider
stauren1203 (tentative)
Vtechick (tentative)
Scrapdog (tentative on s2k)

Quick Reply: 9/17 Starved Rock Run Meet!