Upper Mid-West S2000 Owners Members from the upper mid-west including Michigan, Illinios, Indiana, and Wisconsin

Why is the Michigan S crowd so Friggin boring!!??

Old 10-28-2003, 08:59 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Joe,

Go to Yahoo, then to "Groups" (there will be a link) and then search for "s2k" and look for "mi-s2k"

There is no link to the megameet thread, but is a group for MI s2k owners.

The s2ki Midwest section deals with multiple states, even though MI had its own forum at onetime, after it was lost the Yahoo group was created. Ohio has two separate forums at S2ki as well as part of the Midwest. Some members don?t follow the Regional communities to closely because of all the traffic on non-MI activities.
Old 10-28-2003, 01:14 PM

no... I know there is not a megameet link. I apologize about not writing it understandably the first time. I was asking if you could post a thread ABOUT the MegaMeet we are planning for Michigan on THIS site. Have you had a chance to check it out yet? Myself and Saab9-3 are planning a 2-3 day event starting in Southwest Michigan (most likely South Haven) and ending in Chicago. A lot of ideas have been shot out, but we are trying to organize done to the most effecient route. It was to start in Petoskey (only to drive one of the best roads in Michigan!), but that may to be to far for our Indiana, Ohio, Illinois and Minnesota crowds to travel. Please add input... it will be much appreciated.
Old 10-28-2003, 02:46 PM

Originally posted by EFFECT
I live in kalamazoo too, though the only time you would see my s2k would be on a trailer or at a race track.
i have seen your car before and it wasnt on a trailer or at the track. i actually seen it in the parking lot of cruisers pub this past summer. i also checked out your web site, i really like the part about the cars with stupid mods. anyway you could skip the track for a weekend and go terrorize the lakeshore with us. i just got back from fall colors and that was pretty cool for my first s2k meet. there was two of us from michigan there. it would be cool if we could get a meet here becouse mn is way too far for me. maryland was a long enough drive.
Old 10-29-2003, 07:00 AM
Former Moderator

I'm an RSXTypeS owner but have been on this board for a while. Spend most of my time in the Toronto Forum. Went up to the Tame the Angry Salamander ride a couple of times. Not a lot of great roads to drive "briskly" around here, that may be part of the problem. I did a drive by myself a couple of weeks ago around Hell, Pinckney & Gregory area. A few curves nothing to write home about though.

We need the RSX to carry our dog with us (White German Shepherd). She loves to ride, and has been on the Salamander when she was 9 weeks old. She's now 6 months old and there is no place for her in the S2000, if my wife and I are going anywhere for a cruise.
Old 10-30-2003, 03:01 PM

Received 5,235 Likes on 3,133 Posts

Michigan roads, for the most part, are pretty dull. And where there are some nice curves there's generally houses, driveways, and slow vehicles not to far away. Gingerman race track offers all the challenge anyone could want for $50 on a weekday evening or about $100 or so on select weekends. All you need is a helmet and to accept the fact you must drive with the top up. The earlier comment that without wheel-to-wheel competition overlooks the fact that everyone is trying to better their times, just like in autocross which isn't wheel-to-wheel either. If you are planning something in and around South Haven, you may wish to consider spending a few hours on the track. Just a thought.

While touring, no matter if slow or fast, is fun - at least for a while - it can get old, out-of-hand, and draw tickets. More importantly it doesn't offer the opportunity to really meet and get to know other S2000 drivers. The cars may bring people together but it's the people you meet that bring you back. Sometimes less driving and more tire kicking and partying can be a good thing. Something to keep in mind when planning things.

I'm not sure what it takes to get things going in Michigan. I know that over the past few years nothing has seemed to spark anyone's interest as we've tried track events, car show, vintage races, dream cruise, Friday get togethers, tuner show and nothing has really caught on.

What I'd really like to know is what is it that people are looking to do? I'd love to hear some answers.
Old 10-30-2003, 03:07 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by dlq04
What I'd really like to know is what is it that people are looking to do?
Old 10-31-2003, 05:57 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by lanbrown
Old 10-31-2003, 05:58 AM

Ian, have I seen you near 12mi and Farmington Rd? My office is there on the corner.
Old 10-31-2003, 08:41 AM

Getting more then one person to even meet for drinks is hard enough, might as well as say impossible. Most people in MI talk about doing this and that but when the time comes, nothing happens. That is my experience as well as others. Some even go as far as try to plan something well in advance, those are typically the ones that fail and probably for one good reason, past history.

I have other weapons for track use.

Depends on when you have seen me, I?m not typically at 12 and Farmington all that often.

Lance
Old 10-31-2003, 12:56 PM

we've probably ALL seen each other once or twice! not THAT many S owners on the road around here. In fact, while driving on the highway, I came across Spa Yellow. I shouted "are you on S2ki?",
he said "no, what is it?"
"a website"
"really? I'll check it out"
"you should... there is a big meet coming up next spring"
"that sounds awesome"!

....meanwhile, a car honks behind us 'cause we accidently slowed to about 55 while talking! (on I96) Check your PM's guys... I'll be contacting you about a little "help" planning here, soon.

Quick Reply: Why is the Michigan S crowd so Friggin boring!!??