Vancouver BC S2000 Owners Meet fellow owners in the Canadian province of British Columbia.

IPOD/IPHONE adaptor question

Old 10-19-2012, 10:07 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default IPOD/IPHONE adaptor question

Hi there,

What brand/model Ipod adapter will work with the OEM head unit?
My car is 06. I just bought a PA15-HON2 adapter from the USA Spec that claimed to work with my 06, but turned out not. The connector that comes with the adapter just doesn't fit the plug on the back of the head unit. I called USA SPEC this morning they said the factory radio in the US model may differ than the one in Canadian model, therefore it won't work. Now I am looking to purchase another one, any other brand/model that will work with our car?? Thanks!
Old 10-19-2012, 11:15 AM

Unless that adapter you speak of is cheap, you better off just buying a whole new head unit entirely. If your just looking to play tunes from the stock deck, why not hook up a cable to the auxiliary line?
Old 10-19-2012, 11:21 AM

I've got a US car, if you want to sell your current one I'd be interested
Old 10-19-2012, 11:47 AM

Originally Posted by I-Iawkeye
Unless that adapter you speak of is cheap, you better off just buying a whole new head unit entirely. If your just looking to play tunes from the stock deck, why not hook up a cable to the auxiliary line?
Thanks for reply. What model would you recommend for the head unit? I like the oem one as its style match the interior.

PS: My factory radio doesn't have AUX input.
Old 10-19-2012, 02:52 PM
Community Organizer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

it should work with your stock radio. it plugs in to the cd changer plug
Old 10-19-2012, 02:52 PM
Community Organizer

Old 10-19-2012, 03:17 PM

Originally Posted by rk604
I removed my trunk carpet but couldn't fine the cd changer cable that people say
Old 10-19-2012, 03:22 PM

Originally Posted by vanabc
Originally Posted by I-Iawkeye' timestamp='1350674158' post='22095473
Thanks for reply. What model would you recommend for the head unit? I like the oem one as its style match the interior.

PS: My factory radio doesn't have AUX input.
Does it not have a CD changer input? You might not have that in the MY00/01 models but I'm pretty sure later years had a CD-Changer input.

Your deck will be covered by the radio door from time to time so looks shouldn't matter to you that much which segways into my point about decks as this becomes all personal preference. Personally I love 60x4 decks from Alpine but they don't make them anymore, but certain year JVC, Pioneer, Kennwood, Panasonic decks are quite good. Your better off upgrading your speakers first or doing it all together before changing the deck IMO.
Old 10-19-2012, 04:13 PM
Community Organizer

when i mean cd changer port i mean...

Take out your original radio and in the back you should see...

The port on the RIGHT is the where the harness goes in, and the LEFT port is for the cd changer plug. In your case, you would be plugging your PA15-HON2 into that LEFT port. Everything is plug and play so make sure you test out before you put the stock headunit back in
Old 10-19-2012, 04:30 PM

Originally Posted by rk604
when i mean cd changer port i mean...

Take out your original radio and in the back you should see...

The port on the RIGHT is the where the harness goes in, and the LEFT port is for the cd changer plug. In your case, you would be plugging your PA15-HON2 into that LEFT port. Everything is plug and play so make sure you test out before you put the stock headunit back in
The connector of the pa15-hon2 couldn't fit in the port that you mentioned. I will post the pics when I get home

Quick Reply: IPOD/IPHONE adaptor question