Vancouver BC S2000 Owners Meet fellow owners in the Canadian province of British Columbia.

Mission raceway

Old 08-24-2006, 01:25 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mission raceway

Hey guys,

I always used to drag my EM1 at the S/L's at MRP all the time, but I was thinking about going with the S tomorrow....but I am a little concerned about draggin the car though because of the rear diff. I've heard that it's pretty easy to break it. So if anyone has dragged there S what's a good launch technique? I've been told to launch high at around 6-6500 rpm. I know that most guys say that the S is not a drag car, but I want to see what kinda times I can get out of it. I don't plan on draggin it all the time, but from time to time I will.

I know that a few weeks back when I was there with my EM1, I saw a silverstone S2K dragging...it was an asian guy driving. I wanted to know if that guy was on here or not? And if you are on here let me know what kind of times you got and what rpm you dumped it at. And also have you beefed up your rear diff? Or is it still stock?

Thanks,
Mike
Old 08-24-2006, 01:42 PM

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

hahahah no way....that was me...haha..i was hoping no one spotted me....i dont even know if i want to talk about that day.

im on all season p-zero nero tires....i launched at 6000...spun for the longest time hooked up at like 7000......ran a 14.9.......TERRIBLE....i was sooo mad..i was just spinning the whole time i think i had a 2.4 for 60 foot.

2nd run....tried to launch at 5500...but i somehow bogged the launch BAD....and then i just let off before the line and got 15.3.....and then i was just sooo mad that i quit for the night.

my car is stock with stock diff...i was extremely scared that i was going to blow my diff , but somehow i didnt even with my 2nd run(bog like no other).

remember if you do go...get a helmet...they make you wear one cause we have a soft top...and if you somehow run 13.5 or lower then you need a rollcage.

launch technique..im not a pro at all...but first run launch at 6000 or a little higher and just drop the clutch, you'll most likely have to feather the gas...make sure you stay above 6000 and dont drop any lower or else you'll prob bog.

a couple of my buddies are going tommorow...i might come watch soo maybe ill see you there...ill come say hi or something...good luck!!!
Old 08-24-2006, 01:52 PM

after that day..dragging doesnt even interest me anymore...i just want to invest in some coilovers and go on an actual track....you'll feel the same way too...sooner or later..haha.
Old 08-24-2006, 02:00 PM

I had a feeling that it was you, but I didn't want to say just in case I was wrong. I don't know if you saw me or not, but I was the white guy in the black EM1....I was with all the other civics guys from VCC.

So is that the first time that you raced the S?

Oh damn it...I forgot about the helmet rule. I don't have one. Guess that means that I can't race.

Also they changed the rules...you don't need a roll cage unless your car runs 11.99 and faster.
Old 08-24-2006, 02:00 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by kenny_son,Aug 24 2006, 02:52 PM
i just want to invest in some coilovers and go on an actual track
I thought, in fact, that would be what this topic was about. No need to "invest in some coilovers" just to go on "an actual track". In fact, the Mission road course was the first actual track I ever drove on, and the car was totally bone stock. It was still fun enough that I followed it by about 50 more track days so far....
Old 08-24-2006, 02:04 PM

Originally Posted by mikegarrison,Aug 24 2006, 02:00 PM
I thought, in fact, that would be what this topic was about. No need to "invest in some coilovers" just to go on "an actual track". In fact, the Mission road course was the first actual track I ever drove on, and the car was totally bone stock. It was still fun enough that I followed it by about 50 more track days so far....
I would love to do the road course at MRP with the S, never done it before....but I've heard that the course is not that great though...to narrow.

I just wanted to drag it a couple of times to see what it can do.
Old 08-24-2006, 02:07 PM

no i dont think i saw you...i dont remember..i was too angry that night haha.

none of your friends have one?!?!
i just used my buddies....he has a boosted DA9...hes the guy i raced he ran a 14.1 @ 102!

im guessing they just changed the rule for the roll cage.

mikegarrison - i know i dont need the coilovers , im sure it would still be amazing to race on a track stock, but it would be better with coilovers maybe?!?! i always wanted coilovers anyways so ya.
how much does it cost to race on the track??? i heard it costs like close to 300....im screwed if it costs that much haha.
and isnt the track open sometime in september, do you know?!?!
Old 08-24-2006, 02:08 PM

Originally Posted by S2K_Mike,Aug 24 2006, 03:04 PM
I would love to do the road course at MRP with the S, never done it before....but I've heard that the course is not that great though...to narrow.
It's pretty fun, actually. A lot lower speed than PR or PIR or SRP, but it has some very interesting tight turns that can teach you a lot about driving and your car.

I kind of think of it like a "big kart track".
Old 08-24-2006, 02:15 PM

Originally Posted by kenny_son,Aug 24 2006, 03:07 PM
how much does it cost to race on the track??? i heard it costs like close to 300....im screwed if it costs that much haha.
and isnt the track open sometime in september, do you know?!?!
Depends on who go with. I've been to Mission three times, always driving with the BMW car club of BC. But there are other groups that also rent out the track. The cost will depend on how many run groups you have, how many cars per run group, weekend or weekday, whether you have professional instructors or not, etc.

I figure that the real cost of a typical track day is about US$500, about half in out-of-pocket fees and gas and such and the other half in accelerated wear on the tires and brakes.

And as for coilovers, it depends on what you want them for, but I strongly encourage you to try the car out stock on a race track before you start screwing with the suspension. It's really easy to go backwards unless you have a pretty good feel for exactly what you are trying to affect.
Old 08-24-2006, 02:27 PM

ahhh....ya i was thinking about that too. so i should go on stock suspension first and then aftermarket after...hmm.

$500 us!!!!...holy....i need a better job...haha

Quick Reply: Mission raceway