Vancouver BC S2000 Owners Meet fellow owners in the Canadian province of British Columbia.

Mission raceway

Old 08-28-2006, 01:11 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by kenny_son,Aug 28 2006, 11:47 AM
black evo there ran 15.0 and then a 14.9....best run i saw out of him was a 13.9
blue sti i think ran 13.8 or something.
The black evo that you are referring to is actually just a lancer that has been turbo'd. I know the guy that raced it...it's not actually his car, it's his brother's. His best run of the night with it was 14.788@95.73mph.

I also know the guy with the STi. He hasn't had the car for that long and is not pushing it too hard at the moment, as he is still in the process of breaking in the engine. Last I heard he was still in the low 14's...so high 13's is an improvment.
Old 08-28-2006, 01:12 PM

Originally Posted by DrunkNmunky,Aug 27 2006, 09:59 PM
alo Mike
Hey Pete.

I decided not to go racing this time...didn't have a helmet...and I may wait till I beef up the rear diff...we'll see.
Old 08-28-2006, 01:52 PM

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

so your telling me the black evo..was somehow fitted with the evo headlights, tailights, front/rear bumper,spoiler and the size of it was much bigger than the lancer, and it also had the loudest bov ive ever heard...haha.

and it also had washington plates.
Old 08-28-2006, 02:32 PM

Originally Posted by kenny_son,Aug 28 2006, 01:52 PM
so your telling me the black evo..was somehow fitted with the evo headlights, tailights, front/rear bumper,spoiler and the size of it was much bigger than the lancer, and it also had the loudest bov ive ever heard...haha.

and it also had washington plates.
Oh ok...sorry that must have been an evo then...my buddy was racing a black lancer as well...so I thought that it may have been his...my bad.

That is some pretty bad times for an evo though...the guy must have been a bad driver.
Old 08-28-2006, 08:02 PM

What a waste to go drag with a S2000.....

There are tons of driving school/lapping events organizers in Vancouver. Try PDC, MorrisSport, Inside Line, Definitive Driving, etc etc. TONS! U can see a lot of S2000 at local autocross events too!

It's a car that's built for corners. Shoulda just get a V8 for way cheaper if u wanna go drag!

I went lapping with JL, AJ PwR etc for a few times. Had myfirst lapping event with Definitive Driving & I paid 220usd few years ago. I use to go autocross with my EM1 back then and wonder if that worths spending 200+usd(with instructor) on an event. But I ended up driving home with a big smile on my face. 235km ON TRACK DRIVING @ such a nice road course with up & downhill turns. Proformance's instructors are great guys to learn from.

My in-car video, yeah I was pretty slow that day. However it's just a "lapping" event:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UQwHg_kFEr0
Old 08-28-2006, 08:39 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by iqbal624,Aug 26 2006, 12:56 PM
mike,
would that school bee good for complete beginners?
i.e. never been on a track before?
thanks
Yes, the Spokane BMW school is excellent for complete beginners. They have a driving group just for that, actually. And the two-day format is very helpful, because you can apply what you learned the first day very quickly, without forgetting it in the time between track days.
Old 08-28-2006, 08:43 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by spoonek4,Aug 28 2006, 09:02 PM
Proformance's instructors are great guys to learn from.
Yeah, they are also very good at what they do. More expensive, though. I kind of recommend starting with the car clubs (a lot of the exact same instructors, actually) and then moving up to somebody like Proformance. You get more out of them if you have more experience going into it with them.
Old 08-29-2006, 12:44 AM

Originally Posted by spoonek4,Aug 28 2006, 08:02 PM
What a waste to go drag with a S2000.....

There are tons of driving school/lapping events organizers in Vancouver. Try PDC, MorrisSport, Inside Line, Definitive Driving, etc etc. TONS! U can see a lot of S2000 at local autocross events too!

It's a car that's built for corners. Shoulda just get a V8 for way cheaper if u wanna go drag!

I went lapping with JL, AJ PwR etc for a few times. Had myfirst lapping event with Definitive Driving & I paid 220usd few years ago. I use to go autocross with my EM1 back then and wonder if that worths spending 200+usd(with instructor) on an event. But I ended up driving home with a big smile on my face. 235km ON TRACK DRIVING @ such a nice road course with up & downhill turns. Proformance's instructors are great guys to learn from.

My in-car video, yeah I was pretty slow that day. However it's just a "lapping" event:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UQwHg_kFEr0
Hey is this Jackie? If it is, then I am the guy that bought your gemini cf hood from you when you were parting out your EM1.

Well if you read the whole thread over then you would have read that I know that the S is NOT a car built for drag...but I was gonna run it a few times to see what it could do...it's NOT something that I was planning on doing all of the time...just more or less a one time thing. I would much rather do more autox/road courses with my S...and that's what I am planning on doing.

Thanks for the suggestion about how I should have bought a V8 instead of the S2K...thanks but no thanks. You will never see me in a domestic, nothing personal, just not my cup of tea. I have ALWAYS been a Honda fanatic and I will ALWAYS be.
To be honest, I was expecting more comments like this from people...so typical.
Old 08-29-2006, 07:25 AM

Originally Posted by S2K_Mike,Aug 29 2006, 12:44 AM
Hey is this Jackie? If it is, then I am the guy that bought your gemini cf hood from you when you were parting out your EM1.
U're talking about the Jackie who had a blue EM1? Noppppee...I never had a CF hood on my EM1.

I'd like to see him at autocross or lapping events but I never did.

Old 08-29-2006, 09:35 AM

Yeah I thought that you were Jackie that had the blue EM1...guess it's not you sorry...you guys have similar usernames.

When is the next track day? I would love to bring out the S.

Quick Reply: Mission raceway