Vancouver BC S2000 Owners Meet fellow owners in the Canadian province of British Columbia.

Mission Raceway Laptimes

Old 07-27-2011, 11:29 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mission Raceway Laptimes

Hey guys,

Just wanted to see what a good benchmark time is.
So far ive been getting 1:22 - 23's with a bit of traffic (no exact time since theres no timing for trackdays). Sadly, i dont have the ballz to go all out since i cant afford to make any major mistakes. but it'll be nice to have a goal though, or else it'll get kinda pointless haha.

thanks!
les

PS: my cars running stock wheels, 225/255 star specs, carbotech AX6, comptech front bar and shocks that are valved for autocross.

Also on a side note, UBCSCC's last track day is on AUG 10th. It'll be nice to see some s2ks out =). http://forum.ubcscc.com/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=4533
Old 07-28-2011, 09:06 AM

Originally Posted by Lhung
Hey guys,

Just wanted to see what a good benchmark time is.
So far ive been getting 1:22 - 23's with a bit of traffic (no exact time since theres no timing for trackdays). Sadly, i dont have the ballz to go all out since i cant afford to make any major mistakes. but it'll be nice to have a goal though, or else it'll get kinda pointless haha.

thanks!
les

PS: my cars running stock wheels, 225/255 star specs, carbotech AX6, comptech front bar and shocks that are valved for autocross.

I was running 1:21-22 on heat cycled Hoosier A6's in B/S trim. 245's F/R on stock ap1 wheels.
With fresher track tires, I can see my car hitting 1:20's for sure, and maybe high 1:19's if I really push it. All this was on stock shocks too.

I beleive VCS2K runs 1:19's on his track prepped car.

BTW, lap timers may be frowned upon, but I've used my autoX data logger np. =P
Old 07-28-2011, 10:34 AM

Originally Posted by SumAznGuy
I was running 1:21-22 on heat cycled Hoosier A6's in B/S trim. 245's F/R on stock ap1 wheels.
With fresher track tires, I can see my car hitting 1:20's for sure, and maybe high 1:19's if I really push it. All this was on stock shocks too.

I beleive VCS2K runs 1:19's on his track prepped car.

BTW, lap timers may be frowned upon, but I've used my autoX data logger np. =P
nice =D! thanks for the input.
I was just using my phones stopwatch when i was watching vids haha. Going to borrow alex's data logger for my next outing. I suck at finding faster lines... it'll be nice to have the logger to confirm whether a certain line is faster or not ^^.

btw, what logger do you use. Going to invest in one for next session.
Old 07-28-2011, 10:51 AM

Originally Posted by Lhung
nice =D! thanks for the input.
I was just using my phones stopwatch when i was watching vids haha. Going to borrow alex's data logger for my next outing. I suck at finding faster lines... it'll be nice to have the logger to confirm whether a certain line is faster or not ^^.

btw, what logger do you use. Going to invest in one for next session.
Mavm86 and I both use the MaxQ but they have gone out of business. What phone do you have? LeginK is using an Iphone based data logger. Not sure what the refresh rate is on his.
For Android, alapHD is pretty good and you can run an external GPS receiver to bump up the refresh rate. Both Legin's and the alaphd will record video at the same time it does it thing with the GPS logger. It helps quite a bit because it is hard to remember what you did each lap/run when you go home to review your data.

For track, 5 hz (5 times per second) is enough. For autoX, I recommend at least a 10 hz (10 times refresh per second).
Old 07-28-2011, 12:50 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

You guys are fast. My best laptime so far has been about 1:23. That's on KW V3's, AP2 wheels with Advan AD07's. Carbotech XP10/XP8/OEM blanks.
Old 07-28-2011, 12:55 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Also, I have a camera mount on my secret compartment. I film the runs, and that doubles as my lap timer. Although I can only reference it later...
Old 07-28-2011, 03:38 PM

Yeah, I use Harry's Laptimer with the TomTom mount, (includes a gps antenna). The refresh rate is only 1 hz, definitely not enough for autox timing, probably enough for track day timing, but maybe not for lines.

I could bump it up to 10 hz, but that requires jailbreaking the phone and purchasing an external gps mouse.

As it is, I use it mostly for the automatic video start/stop.
Old 07-28-2011, 03:58 PM

Originally Posted by legin_k
Yeah, I use Harry's Laptimer with the TomTom mount, (includes a gps antenna). The refresh rate is only 1 hz, definitely not enough for autox timing, probably enough for track day timing, but maybe not for lines.

I could bump it up to 10 hz, but that requires jailbreaking the phone and purchasing an external gps mouse.

As it is, I use it mostly for the automatic video start/stop.
I haven't looked at your mount yet. I am quite interested to see what your setup looks like.
I want to see if my SGS will fit in your TomTom mount.
Old 07-29-2011, 09:02 AM

Originally Posted by SumAznGuy
Mavm86 and I both use the MaxQ but they have gone out of business. What phone do you have? LeginK is using an Iphone based data logger. Not sure what the refresh rate is on his.
For Android, alapHD is pretty good and you can run an external GPS receiver to bump up the refresh rate. Both Legin's and the alaphd will record video at the same time it does it thing with the GPS logger. It helps quite a bit because it is hard to remember what you did each lap/run when you go home to review your data.

For track, 5 hz (5 times per second) is enough. For autoX, I recommend at least a 10 hz (10 times refresh per second).
Dang thats a real bummer that MaxQ is unavailable. I'm hoping to setup a system that measures my throttle/brake positions along with taking G force data and all that nice stuff, i dont think the Aps have those functions (i could be wrong though). Though the most important thing, really, is being able to track 2 different runs with a graph to see what line is fastest.
Old 07-29-2011, 09:09 AM

Harry's Laptimer can track throttle position, rpm etc, with a wireless obd2 hookup, but I doubt the update rate will be good enough. What other data aq. systems are out there?

Quick Reply: Mission Raceway Laptimes