Vancouver BC S2000 Owners Meet fellow owners in the Canadian province of British Columbia.

Mission Raceway Laptimes

Old 07-29-2011, 11:10 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It's al about how much $$$ you are willing to spend.
There are a bunch of BT OBD2 readers that have a 1 hz refresh rate that can give you throttle position. I'm not sure how sensitive they are with brake position. Might only be an on/off input.

Don't use the GPS for tracing lines. Satalite drift will throw your maps off. But I do use the speed, lat/long G's and markers on the map to break down certain sections.
Old 07-29-2011, 01:26 PM

Originally Posted by legin_k
Harry's Laptimer can track throttle position, rpm etc, with a wireless obd2 hookup, but I doubt the update rate will be good enough. What other data aq. systems are out there?
WoOOo nice, planning to get any of that stuff setup??

Planning to do any more track days SS04?
Old 07-29-2011, 04:38 PM

Originally Posted by Lhung
Originally Posted by legin_k' timestamp='1311959341' post='20828221
Harry's Laptimer can track throttle position, rpm etc, with a wireless obd2 hookup, but I doubt the update rate will be good enough. What other data aq. systems are out there?
WoOOo nice, planning to get any of that stuff setup??

Planning to do any more track days SS04?

Ehh, not at this point. Money can be spent on other things first. Next data aq purchase will probably be the full 10 hz, standalone type one.. maybe in a couple years
Old 07-29-2011, 07:16 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I might go to a track day or two in August depending on my work schedule. Haven't had time yet this year to attend any
Old 08-01-2011, 01:31 PM

yea its very annoying how all the trackdays are on weekdays.

any more plans for the car btw? You've got one of the prettiest s2k's ive seen in vancouver so far =). Mines all scratched/banged up, i almost feel embarrassed to come out to a meet LOL. (i'm keeping stickers on my car to try to distract people from all the scratches )
Old 08-07-2011, 01:28 PM

Anything sub 1:25 with street tires is a great time. I think a fully prepped S2000 with hoosier's and a really good driver should be able to break into the 1:15's. As far as I know I still have the lap record for the class a stock S2000 falls in @ 1:17xxx, but have done a low 1:16's in a practice. Lap records have to be done in a race.

if any of you guys are interested in data acquisition the DL1 from race technology is what I use and has helped me pick up some time.
http://www.race-technology.com/dl1_d...ge_8_7554.html
If you run the AEM EMS you can get a cable that links the EMS to the DL1 and records most of the info you want, as well you can add, steering angle, wheel slip, brake %. Does pretty much everything.

The truth to acquisition is being able to understand all of the data, a art in it's self.

If anyone ever wants to start racing let me know and I would gladly share all of my set up info and help lead you in the right direction.

Lapping days are fun but......... wheel 2 wheel is worth giving up your road car and talking the bus to work....
Old 08-07-2011, 11:28 PM

Originally Posted by vcs2k
Anything sub 1:25 with street tires is a great time. I think a fully prepped S2000 with hoosier's and a really good driver should be able to break into the 1:15's. As far as I know I still have the lap record for the class a stock S2000 falls in @ 1:17xxx, but have done a low 1:16's in a practice. Lap records have to be done in a race.

if any of you guys are interested in data acquisition the DL1 from race technology is what I use and has helped me pick up some time.
http://www.race-technology.com/dl1_d...ge_8_7554.html
If you run the AEM EMS you can get a cable that links the EMS to the DL1 and records most of the info you want, as well you can add, steering angle, wheel slip, brake %. Does pretty much everything.

The truth to acquisition is being able to understand all of the data, a art in it's self.

If anyone ever wants to start racing let me know and I would gladly share all of my set up info and help lead you in the right direction.

Lapping days are fun but......... wheel 2 wheel is worth giving up your road car and talking the bus to work....

Thanks for the great info!! There are races you can join with a stock car here? Wheel 2 Wheel racing is still far in my books due to the fact that i can afford it (sadly) but its worth a thought in the future for sure; it must be a crazy adremaline rush.

you were selling your race s2k last year right? i remember seeing one posted up and thought, if only i didn't already buy a car haha. But wow 1:17s, what tires were you using to get that crazy time @@!~ Do you have any in-car footage?
Old 08-08-2011, 09:30 AM

vcs2k,

What do you consider "stock" for your S2k when you did the 1:17?
I know your car is gutted and caged with a hardtop. Racing seats.
I assume you are still running the KW3's and R-comps?
What sway bars are you running?
Old 08-08-2011, 09:15 PM

vcs2k,

What do you consider "stock" for your S2k when you did the 1:17?
I know your car is gutted and caged with a hardtop. Racing seats.
I assume you are still running the KW3's and R-comps?
What sway bars are you running?
Your right I should have clarified "stock"
The class I race in is called improved production and the mods we are aloud to do is pretty limited, but the car is not "stock". Performance part wise it is close to what you would see in a lightly modified street car. The interior is completely gone and the car is caged, which makes it amazingly stiff, and weighs in at about 80lbs under stock weight. The rules are that it can only weigh a max of stock weight -100lbs.

the set up I was running to get into the 1:16's is
Spoon Sw388's w RA1's 225/245
Custom valved koni triples w 850/900# springs
AEM ems tuned by Blitzkrieg autowerks it makes about 210hp @ the wheels on a dynapack dyno.
a cusco front sway bar, I forget the size.
Spoon X brace
Comptech header/test pipe
wilwood dynalite calipers with hawk blue pads. The brakes are no better the stock but the rotors don't break as easy and the pads are 100 a set rather then 190.

On a side note I'd like to share something you may find interesting
When I first started racing my car was super charged. I forget the exact numbers it made for power but it was close to 280bhp and 200ftlbs, it was fast.
At that time the track was the old configuration and a gsr integra had the lap record for the class a s2000 runs in, the time was in the 1:19's with a really really good driver.
Anyway I was turning 1:22's.

When I up graded to a senior driver from novice I decided to remove the super charger (along with it 90hp/65ftlbs) and after a year of racing, a ton of pointers from the guy how drove the GSR that had the lap record, some feed back from data and some coaching from one a guy name glenn nixon I was able to get those times down to the high 1:18's. The point is, as much as mod's make the car go faster they won't do what seat time and coaching does. If you really want to go faster go to a driving school and listen to the instructor. They are there to help you go fast. There are a couple of good schools around, the one hosted by SCCBC http://sccbc.net/driver_training.htm is great but unfortunately does not allow S2k with out a roll bar and another is http://www.proformanceracingschool.com/

Anyway just food for thought.
Old 08-09-2011, 07:34 AM

Thanks for the clarification.

I totally agree about seat time and instruction. Just like autoX, seat time will help you understand what the car is doing and/or how it will react to certain inputs.

For Mission, having the instruction will help you find the fastest line and be able to take it at the fastest speed.

Quick Reply: Mission Raceway Laptimes