Vancouver BC S2000 Owners Meet fellow owners in the Canadian province of British Columbia.

STAY AWAY FROM FOUNTAIN TIRE!

Old 02-24-2009, 11:23 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default STAY AWAY FROM FOUNTAIN TIRE!

http://www.revscene.net/forums/stay-away-f....html?p=6299737

go there and read if u have time. thanks for reading.
Old 02-26-2009, 01:15 AM
Community Organizer

Received 76 Likes on 60 Posts

I would've went ballistic if they didn't give me my spare key back! I would've went ballistic b/c they did work that I didn't authorize too! I think you let them off too easy.
Old 02-26-2009, 03:01 AM

i told them i spoke with bcpca and if they don't reinburse me for everything, i will take it up in small business claims and report to bbb. they owner/manager said he needed to think about it and get back to him tomorrow :S
Old 02-26-2009, 10:02 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wow that is amazing. Did you send you letter to the Better Business Burea? I certainly would have. You are supposed to supply a work order and any work other than what is on the order MUST be authorized.

They can't charge you for things you didn't ask for, and if they did things you didn't as for they either call you or they eat it!

If the stuff really needed to be done you work it out with them but this guy's attitude stinks and I'll bet it was take advantage of an older non english speaking woman, then mouth off to the youg looking son in the nice car (I must add).

Fire a note to BBB man it can't hurt.
Old 02-26-2009, 11:12 PM

thanks DDonovan. i will definately get to that. just that when i spoke with bcpca, they suggested we try to solve it first. i updated the thread but i just give you a quick run by. when i told the manager/owner about what bcpca said and i requested a full reinbursement in the parts that were put on unknowingly, at first he kinda hesitated and said "then we have to find your mom a used battery and stuff." i told him i had plenty of batteries laying aroudn teh house and i didn't need to trouble him, after i said that, he said he was uncomfortable doing it and he needed to think about it. i called him back today and he said he read my forum on revscene and didn't want to deal with me cause i was immature and calling him names.
Old 02-27-2009, 08:51 AM

Ha he is a joke..., if he won't play ball then I would tell him that is just the start..., you are going to post in every forum that you can find having anything to do with cars. You also tell him your CC'ing Fountain Tire HQ (if there is such a thing, is that a frachise?)..., anyway you get the message. The threat I always use is "the internet is a powerful tool, it can quickly build a reputation, and even quicker, it can take it away). He is in the wrong for sure or he wouldn't have hesitated.

On another note, you interested in coming over the Van for the March 22nd meet? I'm thinking seriously of going.
Old 02-27-2009, 04:35 PM
Community Organizer

Received 76 Likes on 60 Posts

Originally Posted by jonkou888,Feb 27 2009, 12:12 AM
thanks DDonovan. i will definately get to that. just that when i spoke with bcpca, they suggested we try to solve it first. i updated the thread but i just give you a quick run by. when i told the manager/owner about what bcpca said and i requested a full reinbursement in the parts that were put on unknowingly, at first he kinda hesitated and said "then we have to find your mom a used battery and stuff." i told him i had plenty of batteries laying aroudn teh house and i didn't need to trouble him, after i said that, he said he was uncomfortable doing it and he needed to think about it. i called him back today and he said he read my forum on revscene and didn't want to deal with me cause i was immature and calling him names.
I cannot believe that was his response!!! Who's immature here?

Dave made a good point though. Did your mom sign a work order?
Old 02-27-2009, 10:06 PM

she didn't sign a work order, but she signed for the release of the vehicle. i have to double check the fine print to see if i missed anything. but if she did sign a work order i guess that's a write off cause of her lack of english right? btu either way, the money to me is not a big deal anymore. just don't like how he handled the situation and just want people to know about the crooked garage. thanks to everyone for the advice, i will keep you posted for further information.
Old 02-27-2009, 10:08 PM

Originally Posted by DDonovan,Feb 27 2009, 09:51 AM
On another note, you interested in coming over the Van for the March 22nd meet? I'm thinking seriously of going.
i don't think i can make it to the meet in van. i have to work sundays. have to start paying off some debt now kinda put myself in a little debt while i was suspended on the new parts on my S. but i will keep checking for meets on the island and will try to make it out if i can.
Old 02-28-2009, 08:25 AM

OK too bad but we will see you at the island meets. Mke is putting something to gether for March as well.