Vancouver Island Vancouver Island S2000 Enthusiasts

**4th Annual Sport/Import/Tuner Poker Run for Camp Shawnigan**

Old 06-20-2013, 09:55 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Only two months left till the Poker Run. Registration cut off will be August 10th. I need to confirm the food count and get the numbers off to the event sponsors and checkpoints. Registration has slowed down a bit. If you have even been thinking of attending this event, go up and register now. Help me to help the kids, and have a great day in the meantime. Don't hesitate to contact me if you have any questions.

If you can't make the Poker Run for whatever reason, and just want to meet us up on the Mountain for dinner, that is perfectly fine, just let me know. If your hesitating because of the costs, let me know and perhaps we can work something out. Participation is important to the event.

Don't forget that there is a pre-event meet, on the Friday, August 16th. That meet will be at the starting point of the Poker Run. We will get together and I can give out any instructions, collect some payments, and be around for any questions. We normally go for a short cruise and get some dinner/appies. Let me know if you intend to make it out to the pre-event meet. If you cannot attend the Poker Run, feel free to come to the pre-event meet.

I continue to work on getting some really nice raffle items and I think once again this year, you will be surprised at the number and the quality of items. Lastly, remember that I will not be supplying maps this year. You can print out the ones that I posted previously in this thread, or bring your GPS, or both. If you have issues printing off the maps, let me know.

Anyone that has confirmed that they are going to attend, please start to arrange payment if you can. Thanks in advance.
Old 07-30-2013, 06:46 PM

Only 4 days left to register for the Poker Run. I am 10 cars away from my goal but still happy with the results. Would love to have more locals though. Give it some thought.
Old 08-02-2013, 09:29 PM

Two weeks left till the Poker Run. That means that registrations have to be completed by this Saturday. I managed to get an extension, because of the holidays, till Tuesday. I still have a few spots open if you would still like to register for this event.

We have had more wonderful donations including gift certificates for Tinting services, HID installation kits, HID Bulbs, HID driving/fog light kits, Subway gift certificates, Tonnes of golf packages to various golf locations on the island, GPS devices, Honda apparel including some jackets..., and the list goes on and on.

I will be doing the route this Saturday to drop into each of the checkpoints and drop off the cards and instructions, and pick up a whack more swag for the event..., that means more freebies and door prizes.

Reminder: Registration has to be in by this Tuesday, so there is still time!
Old 09-03-2013, 03:56 PM

I have created a FaceBook page to hold the various images/videos from this years Poker Run. Hopefully I have the sharing setup properly so you can view the user ablums and uploads. Let me know if you have any issues.

https://www.facebook.com/VIPokerRun2013