Wheels and Tires Discussion about wheels and tires for the S2000.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

AP2V1 Replicas on ebay from wheelsandcaps

Old 09-22-2009, 09:56 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

looks good to me!
Old 09-22-2009, 10:41 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That ebay company said they cant ship to me cuz im APO
to them for not supporting military guys
Old 09-23-2009, 04:57 AM

Originally Posted by XtC-604,Sep 22 2009, 01:04 AM
cause wheels aren't just for looks. consider weight, IE my WEDS are 18lbs each. A cheaper wheel such as ASA or TSW etc weigh like 28lbs. 4wheels = 40lbs more O.O, when Honda took the time to reduce weight for us, you SKIMPING out on the wheels and adding weight is like a total slap in the face to Honda. I guess this is what happens when the S2000 price becomes the price of a new civic.
Seriously, if we are looking at $450 set of wheels, obviously weight is not a consideration. Not everyone cares about weight. Just look at all the cheap wheels that abound. The number one reason most people buy aftermarket wheels is for looks.

I don't get your tone of "I am better than you". So what if S2k is now the price of a civic... who cares? Are you tracking your S2K on the street so that you must get super light weight rims? Are the streets you drive on super smooth with ZERO potholes? Are you suggesting that some how those who buy used S2K's are some how not as good as you because they don't have WEDS wheels and are shopping for inexpensive wheels? Give me a break. Get off of your high horse man. I've had my AP1 since '01, I've tracked the car, gone through several sets of super duper expensive forged Japenese wheels. At the end of the day, when I drive the car on the street (b/c most S2K are not tracked), I am NOT going to be able to tell that the rims are lighter... and neither will you. When I dent and scratch my $450 wheels, I can buy another set. I can drive like I want to drive, enjoy the car, and not have to worry about killing my $2000+ wheels. THAT is driving enjoyment. When I am at the track, that's a diff story... that's where a set of Enkei RPF1's come in handy.

Oh, and what's with the rip on civics? The Si Sedan I had is one of the single most enjoyable cars I've owned in a long time. You should try it sometime before knock civics. ;-)
Old 09-23-2009, 04:59 AM

NewScooby - can you look at the back of the rims for some stampings. See if it might indicate who manufactured the rim. Enkei does most of Hondas OE wheels and "Enkei" is stamped on the back on those produced by them. While I don't expect these to be Enkeis, I am just curious if we can get any clues.
Old 09-23-2009, 05:39 AM

Originally Posted by NewScooby,Sep 22 2009, 06:03 PM
Wheels arrived today. The wheels are nicely wrapped in something that looks like a hair net with a plastic rim protector over that, and then put in a plastic bag. All of that is in a cardboard box with an extra layer of cardboard to protect the rim side.

Visually I cannot tell any differences between these wheels and the OEM ones on my car. The paint and clearcoat finishes look great and are a good match to the OEM wheels.

They weight 21.8 lbs each according to my bathroom scale.

Let me know if anyone wants to know anything else about them.

The OEM rears weight 20.5lbs. I guess the 1.3lb difference isn't drastic as long as you replace both wheels (I'm assuming you did). I just wouldn't replace a single rear with one of these due to the weight difference.
Old 09-23-2009, 05:45 AM

Here is a question.. Would you buy a set of replica tires or brake rotors? Not aftermarket, but replica! The reason I am asking is, just like the tire and the brake rotor disc, the wheel is a stressed component when driving.

Think of it this way, the wheels that came with our cars were designed for them. They were engineered and constructed by one of the worlds largest auto makers with a strong focus on safety. Personally I wouldnt waste my money on a knock off that was probably manufacturered by the cheapest subcontractor with most likely little to no quality control in their castings. Remember what is on the outside, is not necessarily throughout. There might be bubbles inside the casting, cracks, etc.
Old 09-23-2009, 12:44 PM

[QUOTE=GT_NFR,Sep 23 2009, 07:39 AM] The OEM rears weight 20.5lbs.
Old 09-23-2009, 01:19 PM

Originally Posted by captain_pants,Sep 23 2009, 03:44 PM
Do you ever drive your car around by yourself? As in without a passenger? That's a 150-200 lb weight difference per side!
I'm sorry to dissagree with you on this, but there is a big difference in load and unsprung weight. 13lbs is a pretty big difference when related to rotating mass.
Old 09-23-2009, 06:24 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by F1-Fanatic,Sep 23 2009, 01:19 PM
I'm sorry to dissagree with you on this, but there is a big difference in load and unsprung weight. 13lbs is a pretty big difference when related to rotating mass.
agreed, whole bunch of people are all over these unsafe and heavy wheels. Its gonna be a good scene to watch when these wheels crack in a turn and the rear end goes right into the floor just to have saved 300 bucks. And yes 13lbs of rotating mass is quite quite different then having 200 lbs loaded on the car.
Old 09-23-2009, 06:53 PM

lol you guys and your cracking wheel fears. Not to say it can't happen, but wow.

Quick Reply: AP2V1 Replicas on ebay from wheelsandcaps