Wheels and Tires Discussion about wheels and tires for the S2000.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New fuzion problems, help!

Old 04-07-2005, 06:53 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New fuzion problems, help!

I recently had a set of fuzion zri's installed all around in place of worn oem tires. I did the research and everything pointed me in the direction of these apparent great bang for the buck shoes. As soon as I left the garage I noticed an immediate differece. there was no where near the grip of the originals. It felt like I was slip sliding away, and this was a beautifull sunny warm spring day. I expected a subtle difference but this is obvious. Bottom line is that with these tires the go-cart character of the s2k somewhat dissapears and that was why I bought the car in the first place (well, the drop top and cool factor were partly to blame). The good thing is that these tires are exchangeable within thirty days of purchase. Please provide your opinions as to what tire I should go with. Are the s02's disc.? How are the s03's? Any other sticky options.BTW, I am less concerned about the $ and more concerned with performance. Thank you in advance!!!
Old 04-07-2005, 07:09 AM

What did you expect? for the s2k, the OEM s0-2, is the best tire. I know they cost more. but thats the price of admission to s2k ownership. all "max performance summer tires" are pricey. go to tirerack.com. for the best prices. take them off. or slow down with those tires on. IMO.
Old 04-07-2005, 07:21 AM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Keep in mind that new tires will not have full grip until the release agent is worn off. this can take a couple hundred miles, but you choice in tire will never match the grip of the SO2's.
Old 04-07-2005, 07:34 AM

Received 464 Likes on 396 Posts

If money is no object,why did'nt you buy the SO2?
They are the ultimate,but best bang for the buck=ZR1.
Old 04-07-2005, 07:53 AM

I admit that I nievly convinced myself I could get near as good performance out of a cheaper tire I WAS WRONG! I think I will go with the s02 however, when I go on tirerack.com and look up the s02 the s03 comes up, is the s02 disc?
Old 04-07-2005, 08:04 AM

Originally Posted by david1,Apr 7 2005, 07:21 AM
Keep in mind that new tires will not have full grip until the release agent is worn off. this can take a couple hundred miles, but you choice in tire will never match the grip of the SO2's.
^ This is an excellent point. The release agent is a very slippery compound that is used to help get the tires out of the molds.

Nothing short of a race tire will be as good as the S02s. But the Fuzions shouldn't be so bad as to call the handling "slippery".

Other tires that are closer to the S02s include; Yokohama AVS Sports and Kumho MX. Use the vast amounts of info on the Tirerack.
Old 04-07-2005, 08:22 AM

Originally Posted by watermain,Apr 7 2005, 08:04 AM
^ This is an excellent point. The release agent is a very slippery compound that is used to help get the tires out of the molds.

Nothing short of a race tire will be as good as the S02s. But the Fuzions shouldn't be so bad as to call the handling "slippery".

Other tires that are closer to the S02s include; Yokohama AVS Sports and Kumho MX. Use the vast amounts of info on the Tirerack.
Thanks for the info! Think i'm going to go with the s02's.BTW, love the shag art!
Old 04-07-2005, 12:48 PM

Received 53 Likes on 50 Posts

fuzion zri's are not even rated "max performance" by www.tirerack.com
Old 04-07-2005, 01:31 PM

Fuzion ZRi costs about half S02, has tread life about twice S02, wet traction equal or better than S02. If ZRi has the same dry traction as S02, then who is going to buy S02 ? Bridgeston is not that stupid in marketing a superior tire in every aspect for less $ than their current high priced tires.
As david1 said, you need to brake-in the new tires a few hundreds miles to get rid of the chemicals in the manufacturing proccess, to get the maximum performance of the new tires. But you should not expect ZRi to perform as well as S02 in dry weather.
Old 04-07-2005, 09:30 PM

Received 53 Likes on 50 Posts

check out the Hankook rs-2.

Quick Reply: New fuzion problems, help!