Wheels and Tires Discussion about wheels and tires for the S2000.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

upgrading to 17s need a lot of help new to thes2k

Old 05-22-2014, 01:40 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default upgrading to 17s need a lot of help new to thes2k

OK so I've done a lot of searching with little to no luck. I've read all the stickies. I have an 02 ap1 currently lowered on springs but I'm going to coilovers probably Megan's or BC at the time of new rims. I wanted to go with drag dr19s but apparently they don't make that in a staggered figment. I still want to keep the staggered setup and go to 17s I don't know if someone can shine some light on this or can figure out a setup with the drag dr19s I don't want to go slammed but lowered.
Old 05-22-2014, 01:42 PM

This is basically the low I'm going for and rim style however I know these are 18s I prefer to stay with 17s
Old 05-22-2014, 01:50 PM

Also I wanted to add that I want to avoid rolling fenders and all that good stuff
Old 05-22-2014, 02:25 PM
Site Moderator

Received 347 Likes on 301 Posts

If you don't want to roll the fenders then buy some AP2 OEM wheels and call it a day. If you are going to be as low as the car above you will need to roll them no matter what you go with as the fronts can still be damaged easily.

It seems like there has been a bunch of threads like this and the info is all there. Enkei, TSW, Forgestar, Volk, BBS, Advan, Wedsport, the list is nearly endless. This is also another thread with zero info on style of wheel you like or what your goal is, how you drive, etc. Go in the gallery and look at any of the official wheel threads there is plenty there about various setups. You can also look at build threads or the official color thread for whatever color your car is.

Finally don't cheap out on the wheels. Drag makes junk wheels. Save money and buy quality wheels and quality suspension. Also hunt for a good used deal in the classifieds. You can often get a set of quality wheels for just a little more than one of the cheapo knock off brands.
Old 05-22-2014, 02:29 PM

OK I'll do some shopping around and see what I can dig up. I just don't want to spend over around a grand for wheels alone. And I daily drive the car. And mesh style wheels is what I'm going for.
Old 05-22-2014, 03:58 PM

Received 28 Likes on 27 Posts

Ideally what you would want is something like 8"/9" staggered with offset in the high 50's or low 60's. Those wheels simply don't exist in that price range. You have to compromise somewhere and I would start with the fender roll, it will open up a much wider range of lower offset wheels and it will look much better also.
Old 05-22-2014, 07:08 PM

OK I'll do some shopping around and see what I can dig up. I just don't want to spend over around a grand for wheels alone. And I daily drive the car. And mesh style wheels is what I'm going for.
Old 05-22-2014, 07:09 PM

OK yeah I'm going to look into that then if that's the way I need to go because I really like this drag wheels and I really don't drive much in the s so.. and its currently pretty slammed that's how I bought it but its on the stock 16s
Old 05-22-2014, 07:10 PM

And those rims in the pic are 18s and the offset is +38
Old 05-22-2014, 07:31 PM
Site Moderator

Received 347 Likes on 301 Posts

If you are slammed you should have the fronts rolled. I have had a lot of people come to me for fender rolls because they are slammed and the stock wheels grabbed the front fender. If you like the mesh wheels look for used bbs wheels. There is a ton of them and they can be fairly cheap. Also the tsw nurenburg wheels come in near oem sizes if that's what you want and they fit your budget.

Not mesh but nice wheels that will fit with a roll.

http://www.vrwheels.com/index.php?ma...oducts_id=4766

The drag wheels are a crappy width for the S on top of being junk wheels.

Quick Reply: upgrading to 17s need a lot of help new to thes2k