Wheels and Tires Discussion about wheels and tires for the S2000.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

upgrading to 17s need a lot of help new to thes2k

Old 05-22-2014, 07:42 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That's the thing I bought it like that front isn't rolled and neither is the rear and no rub and all front aren't cambered rears are though
Old 05-22-2014, 08:22 PM

I did find a set of rims I liked and the price is right they are all 17x7.5 and the offset comes in either +45 or +47 will those work if I go with the factory tire widths?
Old 05-22-2014, 08:27 PM
Site Moderator

Received 349 Likes on 303 Posts

I want you to look at the front liners. Are all the clips there? Is there any signs of rubbing. You said it rubb so it is rubbing. Was it while you were driving or when you were entering or exiting a drive way. Go ahead an don't listen like the last guy I had this same discussion with who posted days later that his tire rubbed through the front liner and grabbed his fender. It's your car believe and do as you please. I'll be happy to tell you I told you so. I have rolled more s2000 fenders than I can remember and I can tell you I have seen oem wheels and tires damage the fenders due to the car being low.
Old 05-22-2014, 08:38 PM

No I'm definitely listening to ya but i think im being Alittle unclear.
My car when I bought it came this low it appears to just be on lowering springs.
Neither the front or rear have rolled fenders
The fronts nor the rears are rubbing at all. Even over hard bumps. They do not rub at all. They don't rub over bumps or at full lock.

My question is if I chose that rim size with that offset and stay around that same size tire diameter and width will it work. I am considering rolling the fenders I've just never done it before and I don't want to damage the car
Old 05-22-2014, 08:38 PM

My car now
Old 05-22-2014, 09:04 PM
Site Moderator

Received 349 Likes on 303 Posts

Post in your local subforum and ask where people in your area go for fender rolls. It is not something you should try if you have never done it before. I will still bet that the fronts may show signs of rubbing. Also you should be shooting for ap2 widths since that will at least be an upgrade handling wise. If you run a narrow wheel all around like a 7.5 the rear will look oddly sunken in while the fronts will looks fairly flush. At your current ride height the fronts will be an issue with a 7.5 +45 or +47.

This is a popular wheel that comes in good sizes. Many people run the 17x9 +63 all around. You could also run the 17x7.5 in the front and the 17x9 +63 in the rear.
http://www.tsw.com/alloy_wheels_nurburgring.php

Frankly you seem to be rushing to find something and need to research and understand what works best on the car.
Old 05-22-2014, 10:02 PM

The main thing to consider before buying wheels is what you want to use your car for. Form, function, or somewhere in between.

If you don't want to roll your fenders, you are going to have to run a narrower wheel and higher offsets.
I suggest doing a lot of research before committing to a set of wheels.

I learned what wheel and tire sizes will fit our cars in this thread, as well as what fender work is needed.
https://www.s2ki.com/s2000/topic/797...1-thread-pt-2/

Even if you don't want RPF1's, the width and offset information throughout this thread can help you figure out what sizes will fit your needs.
Matching the tires to the wheels is just as important as the wheels to the car.

Here is a general rule of thumb:
High Offset = Convex spokes, smaller lip, easier to fit.
Low Offset = Concave spokes, larger lip, harder to fit.
Old 05-22-2014, 11:21 PM

My thing is I was reading a bit into that rpf1 thread and a lot of people are running a 45mm offset
Old 05-22-2014, 11:37 PM

http://www.wheelstudio.com/view-whee...ith-mirror-lip
I'm looking for something g along the lines of this. I am not liking the tsw nurburgring
Old 05-23-2014, 10:20 AM

Originally Posted by thisguy92
http://www.wheelstudio.com/view-whee...ith-mirror-lip
I'm looking for something g along the lines of this. I am not liking the tsw nurburgring

If you like these wheels, the only setup that will fit our car is the 17x8+40 w/ the 5x114.3 bolt pattern. You will have to run that size on all 4 corners (non-staggered).

This will work, but I am pretty sure you are going to have to roll your fenders, considering how low your car is. A safe tire size choice would be a 225/45 in front, and a 245/40 in rear. Because the wheels aren't super wide, or very low offset, you can probably get away with just a little negative camber. Maybe 1.5 degrees in front and 2.5 degrees in rear. I am not a tire or alignment guru, so definitely consult with a pro on what tire size and alignment specs to run before pulling the trigger.

Quick Reply: upgrading to 17s need a lot of help new to thes2k