UK & Ireland Meets & Events - Past Archive of old meets in the past

Chorleywood Classics (Help for Heroes) - Sat 27 July *

Old 07-09-2013, 03:12 AM
UK Moderator

Received 300 Likes on 258 Posts
Default Chorleywood Classics (Help for Heroes) - Sat 27 July *

As we parked up after the Druids Run, the organiser of this event handed us some fliers and asked if we wanted a little corner, or if we were simply interested in coming along.

I realise it's the same day as the Silverstone Classic but in case anyone is interested, let me know and I'll contact the organiser.
http://www.chorleywoodclassics.org/

(Edit by Minvo: On S2KUK Calendar || On S2KUK Schedule)
Old 07-09-2013, 12:42 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Might take MOO. When I take her out I'm never short of young ladies willing to pose with her.

Old 07-09-2013, 12:50 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I might bring my mate's Volvo 264 GL along!

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2
Old 07-09-2013, 01:28 PM

Received 76 Likes on 63 Posts

'I might just pop along, as it's just down the road in Metro Land
Old 07-24-2013, 11:58 AM

Will I be the only person popping long ? I am going as I have to wander over to great Missenden on Saturday
Old 07-24-2013, 12:52 PM
UK Moderator

Received 300 Likes on 258 Posts

MQ, MOO and I will be there, probably from around 11.45 to 1, and then again later on.
Old 07-24-2013, 01:33 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I will be there.

Looking forward to meeting Moo, used to own one of her relatives in old English white. One of my favorite past cars. Unfortunately I was too young and poor to look after her properly :-(
Old 07-27-2013, 10:46 AM

It was the Chorleywood Classic today for Help The Heroes and lovegroova, who lives locally, suggested that I might like to take MOO, Mr Q’s TR4.

The star of the show for me was CHIPPO’s S2000. He was only passing through but we got to see it in the metal for the first time. It looks white in photographs but is actually a lovely single cream/vanilla which goes beautifully with his gleaming chocolate wheels. I have been so impressed by his knowledge and attention to detail in his refurbishment thread.

One of MOO’s relations was there, an ex works team TR4 in the official powder blue racing colours. The guy has owned it for forty-nine years and his wife has never driven it.

Mercedes muscle.

Ferrari underpinnings but actually a replica race car, yours for £500,000 I think the man said?

Daimler Dart from the same era as MOO. Not a pretty car but well thought of at the time. I remember being told that one can tell Jags from Daimlers by the Daimler dimples above the grille.

How low can you go? The futuristic Citroen SM with hydro pneumatic suspension and a Maserati Merak engine, a favourite of my son’s and mine.

Plate for me?

Basil the sausage dog emerging from the shade of a Jag.

Lovegroova kindly took MOO and me to his golf club for lunch. Moor Park is so beautiful. I loved the conducted tour of the mansion and hearing the historical details. We left into Genevieve country and I had Larry Adler’s mouth organ theme tune ringing in my ears. Thank you Simon for a lovely day.

We intended to return to the show after lunch but I was concerned that there might be a cloudburst on the M25 on the way home. Would be quite dangerous fiddling about with the hood on the hard shoulder and MOO's windscreen wipers and lights are not the best. Sorry if we missed you Sombra. Looking forward to a female-heavy Ricky Run tomorrow.
Old 07-27-2013, 12:19 PM

Lovely write up MQ, I'm glad you missed the rain and agree that Chippo's car looks amazing. Nice to see Lovegroova behind the wheel of MOO
Old 07-27-2013, 12:52 PM

There was an interesting and varied group of cars, thought i had also better add a few photo's to

An interesting 3 some!!

Crap bumper fit, needs to come of agian and be sorted!!!

Quick Reply: Chorleywood Classics (Help for Heroes) - Sat 27 July *