S2000 Modifications and Parts Discussions about aftermarket products and parts including reviews, information and opinion.

Lowered bucket seat and roll bar suggestions?

Old 08-25-2013, 10:40 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Lowered bucket seat and roll bar suggestions?

Hey everybody,

I just bought my 2006 s2000 couple of days ago.

But there is a problem, the car came with the worst buckets seats ever.
There is not enough words in English for me to describe the badness of the seats,
I can say bad things about it but it won't satisfy the situation that is how bad they are.

It takes me 1 min to get in or get out of the car.(6'3 ft,201 lbs--1.94 cm,95 kg)
And I had a motorcycle crash on April 1, I fractured my spine from 4 different places.
I also, fractured my left ankle,wrist, damaged my ribs and damaged my hip from left side(kick stand of the bike get in to my leg and scratched the hip bone).
Soo, I am still recovering from the accident and it is a pain in the back to drive right now.
I am going to do track days+daily drives with the car, so I need some suggestions.

First of all seat is way too high for me right now.
Second thing is that it is uncomfortable as hell because of my back problems related to the bike accident.

So what is the best combination for lower seats and roll bar.
Anybody with bride low-max and roll bar?
From my research bride low-max is pretty good for lowering with buddy club rails but how about with roll cage and seat belt?
Any other suggestion?
Or somebody with a setup near Los Angeles maybe I can try?

Thanks in advance.
Old 08-25-2013, 11:24 PM

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts

Post I'm the SoCal forum if you want to try a seat or two

Personally I like the pole positions but if you plan to use a harness they will be too low for you
Old 08-25-2013, 11:50 PM

Thanks I will post on SoCal forum too, I did now there was a SoCal forum.

Hmm, how low are we talking about?
How much lower than the oem for example?

I am open to any suggestions, I am not filthy rich but
money is my second concern right now because I can't drive the car properly.
Old 08-26-2013, 11:04 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Did you try other S2000's to see if the seats in your were particularly bad or used up?

Why did you buy a car that causes you so much discomfort?
Old 08-26-2013, 12:44 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

i used to run a bride vios low-max seat on bride rails with a hard dog bar and 6 point harness. All fit great. I would personally try to sit in as many seats as you can to see what fits you the best.
Old 08-26-2013, 03:57 PM

The car was clean with low milage and only problem was the seat, which can be changed easily with 1k.
I tried oem seats and they were fine but since I am going to do track days at least once a month I need fia approved seats or at least something I can use harness.
I hear bride low max a lot when researching for low seat with roll cage set up.
I am going to try to find one on craigslist and try it if possible.
Old 08-27-2013, 08:32 AM

Brides are very nice I had them on my Evo. In the Evo I would say I sat a full inch lower then stock and the ride was much more manageable and fit just right for the cage I had in the Evo. With your size thats what I would go with Im 5'11 but 220 so if they fit my beer belly ass then they will fit you
Old 08-27-2013, 09:26 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The actual bucket seat is purely preference, Recaro SPG, Bride Vios, Zeta are all really nice, ZIEG is great for taller guys because of how "deep" it is - but it has really tall bolsters which might make it difficult for you. But the rails will really dictate how the seat mounts in relation to the car. Buddy Clubs are good for the price, but if you want to sit as low as possible - Nagisa or Bride is probably your best bet. I believe More-Japan had Nagisa rails in stock (and they sell Bride too).
Old 08-27-2013, 10:14 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

for your size, there are not much out there that are very comfortable.. im 6ft, 200lbs.. im using a pole position for racing.. i would also suggest buddyclub wide seats which are actually a bit more comfortable.

we make the best bolt in roll bar for the s2000 as well

were located in ontario california.. its a little bit of a drive, but you can sit in my seat and check out our bars if you want.
Old 08-27-2013, 12:24 PM

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Anyone know a good seat for a ~29/30 waist?

Quick Reply: Lowered bucket seat and roll bar suggestions?