S2000 Modifications and Parts Discussions about aftermarket products and parts including reviews, information and opinion.

Aftermarket seat and harness regret?

Old 02-23-2016, 04:04 PM
Lex

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Slightly off topic, but does anyone regret going with leather pole positions vs. fabric?
Old 02-24-2016, 11:05 AM

Received 95 Likes on 64 Posts

Originally Posted by B serious
OEM belt. I have an extender and a rear seatbelt reciever from a 2G Mitsubishi Eclipse.

Pictured is my custom spec rail. But I used the same thing on my buddy club rail also.

nice work! I didn't realize my design was so close to yours. Looks like the main differences are that I used aluminum sides (so I went thicker) and for the belt attachment I purchased the "S" bracket made by Bride since I needed an "S" shaped bracket and I didn't trust myself to bend a bracket and have it strong enough to withstand an accident.

Old 02-24-2016, 03:43 PM

Received 1,263 Likes on 955 Posts

Originally Posted by Chris_Lum
Originally Posted by B serious' timestamp='1451923293' post='23843147
OEM belt. I have an extender and a rear seatbelt reciever from a 2G Mitsubishi Eclipse.

Pictured is my custom spec rail. But I used the same thing on my buddy club rail also.

nice work! I didn't realize my design was so close to yours. Looks like the main differences are that I used aluminum sides (so I went thicker) and for the belt attachment I purchased the "S" bracket made by Bride since I needed an "S" shaped bracket and I didn't trust myself to bend a bracket and have it strong enough to withstand an accident.

Yours looks great. I wish I could have done mine out of aluminum. But I needed to weld the seat adjustment cable anchors. My friend didn't have an aluminum weld apparatus. So...I went with 1/8" thick steel.

I see a lot of pencil marks. Did you hand-mill it? And did you just bolt your cable anchors on?
Old 02-24-2016, 03:58 PM

Received 95 Likes on 64 Posts

Originally Posted by B serious
Yours looks great. I wish I could have done mine out of aluminum. But I needed to weld the seat adjustment cable anchors. My friend didn't have an aluminum weld apparatus. So...I went with 1/8" thick steel.

I see a lot of pencil marks. Did you hand-mill it? And did you just bolt your cable anchors on?

ah, you welded your cable anchors on, interesting. would you mind posting a picture of the insides of your setup?
The marks are from the fabricator that I hired. I had drawing with dimensions that I was going to draw in AutoCAD but my free trial expired and my friend with a CAD machine also backed out so I ended up hiring a fabricator to cut them and he ended up doing them by hand, unfortunately. They are not nearly as clean as i'd hoped. If I end up keeping these seats, I will likely get another set custom machined eventually.

For the cable anchors, yes I just bolted them on. everything is bolted together actually. The part I dislike the most about my setup is that the slider handle sticks out really far since I had to mount the entire assembly more forward due to the bottom of the seat interfering with the original position I had planned for it.

Old 02-24-2016, 07:38 PM

Received 1,263 Likes on 955 Posts

Welded and then seam sealed because I had gotten a tube of industial chassis sealer as a freebie from a chassis company haha. I wanted to use it for *something*. So I decided to seal the weld (???).