UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

I've Killed My Car

Old 10-05-2012, 03:21 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default I've Killed My Car

Last weekend we were out for a drive and had a bit of a prang. We were driving on an A road, which had a shallow left curve; we hit a hump back bridge that wasn't signed and is shallow on the approach side and drops away on the other. When we crested the bridge the back end went light when the suspension unloaded. The rear end snapped right, and although I caught the initial slide we climbed the verge, and from that point on it was really game over. The front of the car got caught in the hedge, dug in and we rolled. The pictures speak for themselves.

I've read post about accidents on the forum and have always been impressed with the apparent strength of the S, now I'm thankful for it! We both walked away from this; you'd actually be hard pushed to believe that WIfey has actually been in a crash full stop, there's not a mark on her (some bruising to her lower legs aside). I have muscle and ligament damage in my back and neck, and I used my face as a brake so I have various cuts and bruises. Other than that we're unharmed.

A big thanks to all those who stopped to help, not only the folk we were driving with, but also the members of the public who stopped to help out a stranger.

If you wish to call me a numpty for my driving, unless you were there, please don't. Also, please don't further speculate as to the causes of the accident, the details given are an accurate picture. The purpose of this thread is to show the strength of the cars we all drive and love.
Old 10-05-2012, 03:25 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

sh*t the bed, that's a bit more than a prang. Glad all involved walked away, metal can be replaced, you can't.
Old 10-05-2012, 03:27 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

WOW! You two are VERY lucky to still be alive!
The deformation of the windscreen is scary!
Go put a lottery ticket on.
Old 10-05-2012, 03:28 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

wow that's a serious crash. glad you're both relatively OK though. this definitely shows how well designed the Honda is for crashes and driver protection.

did it set on fire or did the fire crew just decide to cover it in foam anyway?
Old 10-05-2012, 03:32 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Pleased you were ok and my gosh that car did its job well!
Old 10-05-2012, 03:37 AM

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

That would have got you straight in at number 1 on Carpers old mishaps list.
Old 10-05-2012, 03:38 AM

Cheers all. The engine was still running and the ignition key was gone (that explains the bruise on my knee), the car was smoking and there was a smell of petrol, so the fire brigade foamed it just to be safe.
Old 10-05-2012, 03:39 AM

Originally Posted by eSeM
That would have got you straight in at number 1 on Carpers old mishaps list.
We should resurrect that
Old 10-05-2012, 03:44 AM

Received 22 Likes on 21 Posts

Bloody hell that looks bad, at least your both ok, at the end of the day it is only a car, good luck.

Cheers.....Tony..
Old 10-05-2012, 03:46 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I won't repeat what I said when I first saw the photos on Sunday but again I am still gobsmacked at the state of car v level of injury. Sam looked like she had just had a wild night out and ended up being dragged through a hedge backwards

So glad that the pair of you are still with us and still 'special'

Quick Reply: I've Killed My Car