S2000 Under The Hood S2000 Technical and Mechanical discussions.

2006 VSA light won't turn on

Old 05-29-2016, 02:06 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2006 VSA light won't turn on

I recently swapped out all 4 hubs. I also had to do some interior remodelling as well, so I had to disconnect the cluster assembly (under the glovebox) as well as the VSA switch (behind the steering wheel). I I have also resetted the ECU a few times. the car has not relearned anything yet since it's still in the garage. right now, when i turn the key twice, the VSA light turns on and then turns off. that is normal operation. but while driving, when i push the VSA switch and hold it, nothing happens. there are no other weird lights on my dashboard.

Your help is appreciated, thank you.
Old 05-31-2016, 09:06 PM

Anyone? Searched the forums and it seems most issues is the lights won't go away. Mine seems completely opposite.
Old 06-01-2016, 12:44 PM

Received 1,316 Likes on 994 Posts

Originally Posted by tekstyle
Anyone? Searched the forums and it seems most issues is the lights won't go away. Mine seems completely opposite.
Well, it sure sounds like its something you messed with. Either with the hubs, or under the dash. We know the actual bulb works. What about the switch? Is it actually working, making electrical contact? Put an ohmmeter on it and verify. Is its connector actually making contact with the switches leads? Use ohmmeter to make sure.

Retrace your steps with the hubs. Make sure there isnt something disconnected.

Thete may be a Honda specific code that can be pulled, but youd need a reader that can read those. That may give you some ideas.

Its kinda hard to give ideas when issue isnt something that went bad (that others may have had same thing go wrong), but rather something you caused by taking things apart. Unless someone else made same mistake as you, and figured out what it was...

Sent from my SM-G920P using IB AutoGroup
Old 06-03-2016, 08:15 PM

I know on my car I can push in the button but at the very end if I don't give it a bit of extra force when fully depressed it rarely works. Maybe my button is going out as well or maybe it is a finicky switch. I have been driving around thinking it was off and tried to be cool only to have traction control kick in and make me look like a fool or like I got scared .
Old 06-03-2016, 09:12 PM

Originally Posted by Car Analogy
Originally Posted by tekstyle
Well, it sure sounds like its something you messed with. Either with the hubs, or under the dash. We know the actual bulb works. What about the switch? Is it actually working, making electrical contact? Put an ohmmeter on it and verify. Is its connector actually making contact with the switches leads? Use ohmmeter to make sure.

Retrace your steps with the hubs. Make sure there isnt something disconnected.

Thete may be a Honda specific code that can be pulled, but youd need a reader that can read those. That may give you some ideas.

Its kinda hard to give ideas when issue isnt something that went bad (that others may have had same thing go wrong), but rather something you caused by taking things apart. Unless someone else made same mistake as you, and figured out what it was...

Sent from my SM-G920P using IB AutoGroup
i figured that much. I have tested the switch plugged in with a DMM and it seems to work. i also checked the VSA fuse and all are good. i do not recall messing up a ABS sensor. if so, wouldn't the ABS light come on?