Automotive builds Got an automotive build you want to want to document? Post it here!

o_O S2000 | Mk I — Stage II

Old 08-23-2015, 10:49 PM

Received 96 Likes on 71 Posts

Zoom Engineering TS mirror installed

Love this thing. Improvement in every respect really. Better looking than the generic OEM Honda mirror, way wider field of view which works especially well with the OEM hardtop, much less magnification than the OEM rearview so you get a much better sense of what is actually going on behind you, and much better dealing with bright headlights coming from behind you. The mirror is also much easier to install than the OEM arm, and the tension is easily adjustable and holds it's position well. I have tried add-on mirrors in the past and always found they would vibrate and were overly convex. This thing gets the job done without being too wide or too distorted. You will obviously see a wider field than the OEM mirror so if it bothers you to see more of the passenger area this might not be the mirror for you, but with the wide OEM hardtop window this should be fantastic for keeping an eye on who is behind you on track. I love that the mirror shape sort of frames the arch of the hardtop window perfectly. Big thumbs up to Zoom Engineering.
Old 08-23-2015, 10:52 PM

Originally Posted by toddxxx
Been thinking about getting that mirror. I too like the simple design over the Monaco version

Originally Posted by LDfavoriteson
I bought the TS mirror for the same exact reason. I haven't installed mine yet. Car looks good great choice in parts.
Thanks. Highly recommended to you both.
Old 08-24-2015, 05:31 AM

Received 29 Likes on 26 Posts

I was wondering if you plan on installing any guages for your track outtings? (i.e oil psi/temp)

On another note, I put on the +47 with 255 re71r. Havent experienced any rubbing with -3.4 and my spunkyfendaroll. I dont think you need to do custom fenders. Save the funds for more awesome mods.
Old 08-24-2015, 08:38 AM

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts

New parts look great man, also interested to hear more on the rack bushings as I looked into them myself but never went through with it. As for fitment with the +47 and 255/40s, I'm at -2 degrees of camber with a roll and slight pull and my 9+40s fit good. I'm gonna add some more camber for handling purposes but just to give you an idea Andrew.
Old 08-24-2015, 10:14 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the youtube procrastination entertainment! I'm sure I'll see you out in the wild some day.
Old 08-24-2015, 11:50 AM
Community Organizer

Received 44 Likes on 41 Posts

the ts is a great mirror. my monaco is good too but it's meant for rhd.
Old 08-24-2015, 12:15 PM

Originally Posted by sillyboybmxer
I was wondering if you plan on installing any guages for your track outtings? (i.e oil psi/temp)

On another note, I put on the +47 with 255 re71r. Havent experienced any rubbing with -3.4 and my spunkyfendaroll. I dont think you need to do custom fenders. Save the funds for more awesome mods.
Good to hear on the +47s! I am still planning on spending that money I would have used for fenders on Ikeya Formula front upper arms.

I would like to do some sort of gauge setup but probably not actual gauges. I was looking into a small MoTec display and datalogger but the price is definitely up there. It is 100% customizable though which is very cool, you can really make whatever you want for the UI. Defi also has their OBDII bluetooth smart adapter that can also use additional sensors for oil pressure and temp. That then connects to a phone and displays info in an app. That is a relatively inexpensive solution that is a little simpler to just use when needed which is cool. I will probably try something like that first. I really just want water temp, oil temp, and oil pressure with customizable alert ranges so I can get a warning while driving. But going full on data logger route would definitely be cool.
Old 08-24-2015, 12:17 PM

Originally Posted by tama05
New parts look great man, also interested to hear more on the rack bushings as I looked into them myself but never went through with it. As for fitment with the +47 and 255/40s, I'm at -2 degrees of camber with a roll and slight pull and my 9+40s fit good. I'm gonna add some more camber for handling purposes but just to give you an idea Andrew.
I don't actually have the rack bushings yet, but do plan on doing that at some point. Anything that can be done to improve steering feel without much other compromise is definitely worth while.

Originally Posted by hobbangr
Thanks for the youtube procrastination entertainment! I'm sure I'll see you out in the wild some day.
Your welcome.

Originally Posted by bouford
the ts is a great mirror. my monaco is good too but it's meant for rhd.
Yeah it was a hard decision between the two. I prefer the 1x1 carbon that the Monaco is available in, but I realized the ASM steering hub uses 2x2 so it is a nice match with the TS.
Old 08-24-2015, 01:17 PM

Received 29 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by andrewhake
Originally Posted by sillyboybmxer' timestamp='1440423106' post='23724265

Good to hear on the +47s! I am still planning on spending that money I would have used for fenders on Ikeya Formula front upper arms.

I would like to do some sort of gauge setup but probably not actual gauges. I was looking into a small MoTec display and datalogger but the price is definitely up there. It is 100% customizable though which is very cool, you can really make whatever you want for the UI. Defi also has their OBDII bluetooth smart adapter that can also use additional sensors for oil pressure and temp. That then connects to a phone and displays info in an app. That is a relatively inexpensive solution that is a little simpler to just use when needed which is cool. I will probably try something like that first. I really just want water temp, oil temp, and oil pressure with customizable alert ranges so I can get a warning while driving. But going full on data logger route would definitely be cool.
I initially bought defi bf gauges (oil psi and temp...havent ordered the water temp yet) but now i am wondering where the hell i am gonna put them. I dont want the pillar with 2 in it and then the other just stuck to the dash somewhere. I wish we had a clean solution like the rhd guys have with the 3 guage pod for the vent area. Even then that's more ricer than i like but better than double sided tape. Would love a set up that replaces the entire dash but i got those autox rules.
Old 08-24-2015, 01:34 PM

Originally Posted by sillyboybmxer
Originally Posted by andrewhake' timestamp='1440447349' post='23724807
[quote name='sillyboybmxer' timestamp='1440423106' post='23724265']

I initially bought defi bf gauges (oil psi and temp...havent ordered the water temp yet) but now i am wondering where the hell i am gonna put them. I dont want the pillar with 2 in it and then the other just stuck to the dash somewhere. I wish we had a clean solution like the rhd guys have with the 3 guage pod for the vent area. Even then that's more ricer than i like but better than double sided tape. Would love a set up that replaces the entire dash but i got those autox rules.
[/quote]

You should definitely take a look at the Defi Smart Adapter. If already have an iPhone or an Android phone you can use that as a display for whatever sensors you have setup. It isn't incredibly expensive either. Another cool solution is the Defi ZD display, but that is a bit more expensive.

Quick Reply: o_O S2000 | Mk I — Stage II