Automotive builds Got an automotive build you want to want to document? Post it here!

o_O S2000 | Mk I — Stage II

Old 07-31-2015, 06:36 PM

Received 96 Likes on 71 Posts

Originally Posted by WhyW
Soooo when is Stage III?

Originally Posted by nos4you' timestamp='1438396462' post='23700064
Originally Posted by WhyW
Soooo when is Stage III?
Widebody!
Good news everyone! The donation period is now open. Please send your donations in the form of briefcase full of LARGE BILLS ONLY. USD or yen is acceptable.
Old 07-31-2015, 07:24 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Nah I'd accept USD only, it's better due to the exchange rate.

You should make some fender flares, accept orders and money for them, then close your business. Great way to find your build!
Old 08-03-2015, 02:54 PM

Had my left rear diff mount tear so replaced it with a used one Aki at Blacktrax had available. Man that was something that was probably happening slowly over time but what a massive difference it makes. The single torn mount was causing the car to buck a little bit at low speeds in first gear, and made the response of the car generally much sloppier. I have been planning to upgrade to stiffer engine, tranny, diff mounts but if anyone ever has a slightly torn or cracked diff mount replace it immediately. I had adjusted to the sloppiness I think so after getting it back to normal the car feels dramatically better. Looking forward to getting stiffer mounts all around.
Old 08-04-2015, 02:48 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by andrewhake
Originally Posted by djdoc' timestamp='1437633450' post='23689916
First thing first. Thanks for the seat belt extender info. Awesome thread with gigantic info of aftermarket parts.

Very good idea with Ikeya Formula upper arms. I can vouch for their top quality and longevity of the product. Tie rod ends and rear toe arm (ball or rose joint type) for my previous silvia (S15) lasted forever (+ 6 years) without any protective rubber boots and that is one of the main reason I purchased Ikeya arms for my S.

One Q though. Is your J's S1 joint a offset ball joint? if that's case, you may not be able to bring the bottom arm in as much as you want or minimal compared to the oem ball joint due to offset factor. Would be viable option if you change the ball joint to OEM and put spacers instead to correct the roll center and then adjust camber with upper arms if you want to bring the bottom arm in more efficiently. Ikeya upper arms will give you -4 camber easily so shouldn't have any problem with camber adjustment.

Note: Ikeya upper arms will weigh more than OEM upper arms due to adjustment function and solider structure of the arms (Thicker everywhere).

Good luck with your build.

Cheers
Thanks! I try to provide all the information on parts I get that I would want to see myself in another thread.

I only need a very small amount of adjustment in on the upper arms to get everything sitting where I want. I don't want to rely on only the Ikeya upper arms for camber adjustment since I am running wide 255 tires up front and don't want to risk the tire hitting on the inner frame similar to what can happen with higher offset wheels. I really only need to bring the upper arm in by maybe 4mm to get everything dialed in how I want so I should be good with the S1 lower joints as they don't have a massive offset. I should still be able to offset the lower camber adjustment back to accommodate the shorter upper arms and achieve the alignment I want I think. At the moment in the lower camber adjustment I have lots of room to adjust the arm back in. My S1 joints have a good amount of roll center adjustment built in that I am happy with at the moment. The plan is really just to bring the upper arm in slightly to give a small amount of extra clearance but not bringing the tire too far in.

Since you have experience with the arms I do have a question though. Do they have markings to indicate how much the arm has been adjusted from stock? Also it sounds like the joints hold up very well over time?

Thanks again for the info!
Ok. Understand your concern about hitting the inner frame as you have higher offset wheel. 4mm from upper arm shouldn't be a problem at all as Ikeya arms provide a huge range of adjustments.

Regarding your question about marking on the arm indicating stock length - NO there is none but prior to install, you can take a quick measurements and mark the points next to adjustment plates or on the teeth. I will try to find some photos of the arms prior and post install and upload them soon.

And durability / longevity of the arms are superb. My current sets for my S are approx 1.5 year old (Front) and coming close to 1 year old for rears with mixture of DD as well as track days without any issues. Prior to this i used to have rear upper and toe arms on my Silvia (S15) for 6+ years without any problem or no movement(s)/free play of the joints at all even if the joints were exposed to atmosphere directly with dusts and debris from tyres. The arms are painted instead of powdercoat but seems to hold very good as i haven't seen any rust marks to date for both Ss'.

You will love the arms once installed as you will get way more info from steering wheel - General feel of how tyres are doing will be boosted (that's how i felt). Note: i have low arms as well and it may contributed the steering response further? I am not too sure on this as i installed them together.

Oh BTW, they will weigh more than OEM as they are thicker units with additional plates for camber adjustments.

Hope this helped.

Cheers.
Old 08-05-2015, 11:34 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Subscribed to your thread, This build is amazing and your driving is honestly incredible. I cringe in shear excitement seeing how fast and how well you take the turns on your Videos. Glad I found your thread, You remind of an old friend I had before he passed.

Old 08-06-2015, 03:40 PM

Originally Posted by djdoc
Ok. Understand your concern about hitting the inner frame as you have higher offset wheel. 4mm from upper arm shouldn't be a problem at all as Ikeya arms provide a huge range of adjustments.

Regarding your question about marking on the arm indicating stock length - NO there is none but prior to install, you can take a quick measurements and mark the points next to adjustment plates or on the teeth. I will try to find some photos of the arms prior and post install and upload them soon.

And durability / longevity of the arms are superb. My current sets for my S are approx 1.5 year old (Front) and coming close to 1 year old for rears with mixture of DD as well as track days without any issues. Prior to this i used to have rear upper and toe arms on my Silvia (S15) for 6+ years without any problem or no movement(s)/free play of the joints at all even if the joints were exposed to atmosphere directly with dusts and debris from tyres. The arms are painted instead of powdercoat but seems to hold very good as i haven't seen any rust marks to date for both Ss'.

You will love the arms once installed as you will get way more info from steering wheel - General feel of how tyres are doing will be boosted (that's how i felt). Note: i have low arms as well and it may contributed the steering response further? I am not too sure on this as i installed them together.

Oh BTW, they will weigh more than OEM as they are thicker units with additional plates for camber adjustments.

Hope this helped.

Cheers.
Thanks again for the info!
Old 08-06-2015, 04:01 PM

Originally Posted by NickH28
Subscribed to your thread, This build is amazing and your driving is honestly incredible. I cringe in shear excitement seeing how fast and how well you take the turns on your Videos. Glad I found your thread, You remind of an old friend I had before he passed.

Thanks! Glad you enjoy it.
Old 08-06-2015, 04:43 PM
Community Organizer

Received 218 Likes on 139 Posts

Hello.

This is your bi-quarterly reminder that you have 17x9.5 +47 CE28Ns to mount with tires.

Okay goodbye.
Old 08-06-2015, 06:17 PM

Received 22 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by Ricky_Flowers_
Hello. This is your bi-quarterly reminder that you have 17x9.5 +47 CE28Ns to mount with tires. Okay goodbye.
LOL!
Old 08-07-2015, 10:35 AM
Community Organizer

Received 44 Likes on 41 Posts

Quick Reply: o_O S2000 | Mk I — Stage II