Automotive builds Got an automotive build you want to want to document? Post it here!

o_O S2000 | Mk I — Stage II

Old 10-12-2015, 06:28 PM

Received 96 Likes on 71 Posts

Originally Posted by Jae2K
Awesome sheet! Forgive my dumb question, I'm trying to replicate this sheet on my own in the Numbers program and Im curious as to how you placed the faded image of the tire in the cell lol? Any help?
Thanks.

Yeah you can just place the image by dragging and dropping it into the table cell, and in the formatting options set it to advanced image fill which will allow you to choose a color to overlay over the image. You can choose white as the color and just adjust the opacity to lighten the image. I just grabbed images from tirerack for the tires.

You could also just edit the image in whatever image editing app you like.
Old 10-17-2015, 10:59 PM

Downforce 1x1 carbon side diffusers

Nothing too complicated with these really. I just like the way the look. There is likely a small aero benefit with the way the sides of the S2000 sort of sweep back in as they go down, and that's great but I just think these compliment the Amuse R1 front really well and will also go well with my rear bumper plans. I like how the side diffusers make more aggressive wheels and tires and alignment look a little more normal too.

I decided to follow s2kichad's lead on mounting these and am using M5 rivet nuts along with some M5 stainless security bolts. Nothing really wrong with the included self tapping screws (which are actually a torx head) but using the rivet nuts makes it feel a bit more like it was meant to be there from the factory. I will be using a bit of 242 Loctite on the bolts and mark them with a paint marker so I can keep an eye on them and make sure they don't loosen up overtime due to vibration. Should be able to install these tomorrow.
Old 10-18-2015, 09:16 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

What are your rear bumper plans?
Old 10-18-2015, 09:17 AM

Received 67 Likes on 48 Posts

i really like your wheels.
Old 10-18-2015, 10:39 AM

Received 49 Likes on 36 Posts

I'm kind of bummed about the side diffusers honestly. They make the wheels look less aggressive to me which I don't like. I want the wheels to fit properly but also look as aggressive to the fenders as they can. Side diffusers just make the wheels look more sunken even though they aren't. Could be worse. Oh well. It's kind of the same way I feel about side strakes. They usually don't look bad but always better without.
Old 10-18-2015, 11:01 AM

Originally Posted by juntsky
What are your rear bumper plans?
ASM 04

Originally Posted by //steve\\
I'm kind of bummed about the side diffusers honestly. They make the wheels look less aggressive to me which I don't like. I want the wheels to fit properly but also look as aggressive to the fenders as they can. Side diffusers just make the wheels look more sunken even though they aren't. Could be worse. Oh well. It's kind of the same way I feel about side strakes. They usually don't look bad but always better without.
I am gutted for you. I am also gutted that you prefer silver wheels on a silver car, and that you have some mysterious red car in you signature. This thread isn't a //democracy\\ this is a dictatorship. Full on Gadalfi or Kim Jong Un style.
Old 10-18-2015, 01:34 PM
Community Organizer

Received 218 Likes on 139 Posts

Originally Posted by andrewhake
I am gutted for you. I am also gutted that you prefer silver wheels on a silver car, and that you have some mysterious red car in you signature. This thread isn't a //democracy\\ this is a dictatorship. Full on Gadalfi or Kim Jong Un style.
RIP //steve\\

I agree with him, though. Side diffusers exists purely to be stepped on by girlfriends/valets/me-sans-caffeine.
Old 10-18-2015, 03:07 PM

Received 49 Likes on 36 Posts

DED - 10/18/15
Old 10-18-2015, 04:19 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Will they fit with the OEM side strakes?
Old 10-19-2015, 08:54 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

they'll fit. there have been a few people to do it.

I'm on the boat of "not really a fan". Your car so I won't tell you not to do it though. I liked them for a period, now i just don't care for them. they aren't terrible, but especially with the sidestrakes i think they look busy.

Quick Reply: o_O S2000 | Mk I — Stage II